Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Juanito posted:

I live with Opop and Little Mac, sorry that I forgot to mention it before. We also share a computer. winvirus usually crashes here, but we had to kick him out because he peed on the futon again.

I have given him express permission to do so.

Because it is not my futon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Meinberg posted:

I'm from Texas, where we call a sprite a coke. Check mate, scum.

I'm from Georgia and we don't even do that. What the hell, Meinberg?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

It's been awhile since I've played a game with Win, and I'd follow him into hfil.

##vote meinberg

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Somberbrero posted:

Booo, take accountability.

##vote Little Mac

Also booo, Meinberg is an easy target he's intensely awkward.

Boooooooooo.

I'm taking accountability. I own up to the fact that I will follow Winvirus into hfil.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Juanito posted:

So condescending.

But I want to vote Little Mac for using "hfil" twice and I don't know what that is

Sombrero, you are very serious. Cut it out.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Somberbrero posted:

I'm sorry, what? Can you explain any part of that last sentence because it doesn't make any sense. He's acting so scummy that he must be town is not something I can follow.

Holy crap, you're acting like you're going to solve the whole damned game singlehandedly on Day One or something. Why are you so indignant?

That said, it also makes me think you're townie so I guess good on you?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Really? I think it reads as someone who is exasperated by someone (sombrero) taking a jokepost far too seriously.

EDITOR'S NOTE: I am also not sure Win is town and would not follow him anywhere just yet because he may very well be scum! I don't think so yet, though.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Rarity posted:

Would you rather I lurked and not share my opinions?

Things I have literally said when flailing as scum on Day 1.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I don't think there's two scum teams. Reads more like an SK and scum, I feel. I also think anyone even considering voting Merk at this point is the biggest idiot. I also see no reason why Winvirus would lie about something like that on day two. If he were scum, it'd be a really stupid gambit to get one more town person lynched and then have suspicion on him the rest of the game.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

It's possible but it would be super-dumb. It'd be much smarter to not say anything as scum and blend into the background. There's a lot of players this game. Wouldn't be hard.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I think if he was claiming just cop that'd be true but he's even including that he might not be sane. I dunno, I think were he scum and lying entirely then there'd be no reason to even claim it.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

kilran posted:

If WV made a fake claim and included a sanity test, then if he flips town, we don't instantly lynch him.

No, I get that. However suspicion would be on him the rest of the game and he could only pull that trick once. I dunno, seems like too much risk for not nearly enough reward to me.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Thank you for using a day action so I can't post after Open House kept me at work for 12 hours thanks thanks so much

*no posting*

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I was all ready to vote Kilran for his very weird, not-reading-the-game posting but then came the weird cases that are just numbered links. I'm an English teacher. I don't do well with numbers. I'd vote Kilran because his posting just seems incredibly odd to me and even if it's his first game back in awhile, I'd have to ask if that's normal.

I both hate and like a lurker lynch, mostly because I haven't done a very good job myself of posting and keeping up with the thread so I'd feel hypocritical. That said, I'd follow Merk since he was pretty much responsible for nailing a scum yesterday imo and vote Juanito. NOT EDIT: However, looking at Juanito's post history, his interactions with crazyeyes seem kind of manufactured. Like telling crazy how to vote for cpig, in effect buddying up to cpig at the same time.

I'd vote for either. Not sure I see a Rarity case. When's deadline?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I am phone posting because I am stuck at work but re: tearshed

I was scum with him in Ghost Trick and modded him as scum in League. He hates being scum and it makes him shut down and become noncommunicative.

I hope to be home before deadline.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Rarity posted:

Yeah, I'm basically an apathy lynch because I look scummy and no one can agree on the people who actually act scummy.

This is bs and this plus not claiming your role is pretty bad. There have been pretty convincing cases on you.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Why would you flip now when inconsequential ol me puts a tiny bit of pressure but not with someone like merk or Jake?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

##vote Rarity

We shouldn't even remotely be in danger of a no lynch. Unacceptable.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

CapitalistPig posted:

For.posterity, look at this scum

I've been waiting for this, like, all game!

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

##unvote

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I think I'm going to go ahead and come clean so as not to cause the town any more confusion. I'm not really sure what the faction or whatever in my role means, but I am responsible for two deaths in this game thus far: Cpig and Meinberg. My official bolded role is town-aligned killer. Certain people can send me names each night - I have no idea who they are - and I have to kill one of the people they send to me (I'm an assassin and need to make money for my family). I don't get a choice in the matter. If I refuse to pick one, then it's auto-picked.

Night 1 I was given the choice between Yuming, Somberbrero, and Meinberg. I though Meinberg had the worst interactions with Crazyeyes and chose him. Wrong pick.

Night 2 I was given the choice between Keane, Somberbrero (just now noticed I had him twice), and Cpig. I picked Cpig because he was in one of Merk's posts about people he would lynch, as was Keane. Merk, in my eyes, was responsible for getting rid of Crazyeyes so I trust he's more than likely town and followed his lead.

At this point I feel I'm doing more harm than good, as I keep picking incorrectly, and figure it's best to get this out in the open so people aren't discussing serial killers, etc etc. I'm okay with being lynched if you don't believe me because really, I've killed two town players so it's been kind of a bust!

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I am "Prendota-aligned" but I have no idea what that means!

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I was pretty shocked when Rarity flipped SK because I knew I was responsible for one of the two deaths on N1!

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

merk posted:

What else do your PM say about Prendota? It has a bolded Prendota-aligned?

No. The bolded text in my role PM are the following phrases:

Prendota's Faction
killer
town-aligned

Prendota's Faction apparently has to do with putting Prendota on the throne, i.e the flavor. Non-bolded text specifically says I win when "all non-town aligned players have been eliminated from the game."

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

merk posted:

Please stop asking Ecco for a fakeclaim and post what it says.

That was rude! I am trying to be helpful!

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

merk posted:

Why'd you say this before? You used quotes. You said you have an alignment that you don't know what it means.

Because I don't really know what the heck "Prendota" is. I'm not super-focused on the flavor, to be honest (not that it's not well-written, Ecco).

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Somberbrero posted:

Little Mac oh my gosh, thank you for saving me twice.

Let it be known that I was definitely close to picking you Night 1.

Anyway, I'm free to answer any questions on what I've said and if you would like to vote me, like I said feel free. I had no reason to divulge this information other than I feel like my picks have been detrimental to the town and that wasting time speculating about the second kill would be a waste of better scumhunters' efforts.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

merk posted:

I think that's a legitimate scum slip and you asked for a vanilla town PM after I questioned you. I'm sorry. You don't quote your alignment wrong.

I understand. No worries. It's not. My PM does not say the words "Prendota-aligned." It says "You are a part of Prendota's Faction!"

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

tearshed posted:

I don't understand why LM would claim at all.

Because I could already see people speculating on dumb things regarding the previous night's kills and, again, I'm telling you I have no choice but to make more kills each night and thus far I've killed two people on my own team and thus not actually helping us win!

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

So then wait, do all townies have Prendota in their PM flavor text?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

chaoslord posted:

Mac, do you already have your list of three to consider for tonight or is that given to you when night first opens?

Winvirus, related question, did you already submit a name for N3 (ask this because maybe it is submitted but Mac doesn't have it), and if not, when does that happen?

Phone posting while at work so forgive any lovely formatting but I don't receive the three names until normally hallway through night phase.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

wins32767 posted:

Folks who can pick the targets, do you have something in your role name indicating that? Mac, do you have to kill one of the names?

Yes. If I don't, it's randomly chosen for me.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

JakeP posted:

my role implies that lil mac is part of some assassins guild

Yes, this is true.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Somberbrero posted:

I really don't like that we still have a second kill each night, but I can't figure out why LM would claim out of nowhere if he's scum/3p. If he's town, scum will probably kill him.

I claimed because twice now I've killed townies and if this keeps up I'm only hurting the town. So if I get killed that's okay because at least I won't gently caress us over more! Also to alleviate confusion about the second kill.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Opopanax posted:

It does specifically say that the assassins can choose not to kill the target

I have to pick one of the three names I'm given so if I'm given the same name I guess I don't get a choice really?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I've been posting after something dumb happened! Sorry! I think winvirus is a good Lynch pick, though.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

merk posted:

I'd also like Met to die. The guy has barely played.

The fact that he's mad about someone being confirmed town (which he's not necessarily) makes me want to vote!

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Could be the duel can be declined?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Somber I am very upset that you did not say Cpig was "confirmed town" (this assuming you are not a liar). I only claimed because I'd made so many wrong choices - what if I'd made a right one thanks to knowing not to kill Cpig? grrr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I'm here. Tell me who to vote.

• Locked thread