Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Spiritus Nox posted:

How does OU feel about their skill positions on offense, anyway? I'd gotten the impression that it's Knight at QB, Shepard at WR (No DGB until we hear otherwise), and maybe Bell at TE and a bunch of questions/assumptions otherwise - is that about right, or do I need to pay more attention? That's part of why I've been pretty bullish on them, and obviously Mixon going away doesn't help their case any.

The thinnest of those is QB. After Knight we have a RS Freshman who doesn't really fit the same system that Knight will run and a true freshman that does. And Baker Mayfield who probably won't be eligible to play this year. Bell is reportedly excelling at TE, but we also have Taylor McNamara who is getting some good praise and was a good 4* recruit out of HS. RB is stacked even without Mixon. Keith Ford and Alex Ross are both very very good and Samaje Perine, a true freshman, is supposed to be a beast. WR is probably the thinnest position at the moment. It's basically Shepard and a bunch of freshman unless DGB gets his waiver. Very talented, big body receivers, but freshman nonetheless.

KIM JONG TRILL fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Aug 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Crotch Bat posted:

Frank Shannon sexually assaulted a girl and is currently still practicing with the team and would be playing if the school didn't have more balls than Stoops and made its own investigation where the result was enough to remove him from the school for a year. He is, again, still there at practice taking all the first team reps despite the suspension, presumably because Stoops & Co. expect him to win his appeal in the state Supreme Court.

Theres literally an injunction preventing the school from enforcing his Title IX suspension, chief.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Zoran posted:

You meant to write this, but yeah, they've both been great, and they both got good-looking but limited reps last year.

Whoops, yeah. Total brain fart.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

pillsburysoldier posted:

Wait why's OU a favorite now? I keep forgetting to ask

They're ranked 3rd/4th? Are you that thick?

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Kibner posted:

The only place I have been through that has no reason to ever have humans entertain the thought of living there is west Texas.

West Texas owns, sorry.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Sash! posted:

No it doesn't. Everything west of San Antonio is basically a giant litter box full of scraggly little bushes

Yes, how ugly.

Truly hideous.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

ACoolT5 posted:

I'm having a buddy put a parlay in Vegas this weekend on the playoff with Oregon, Oklahoma, Auburn, and FSU making it in. There is no actual way they would put Alabama and Auburn in the playoff if it's chosen by committee. Not in a million loving years.

Yeah, it'll be Alabama and South Carolina.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Quandary posted:

Bedlam was loving awesome last year, watch that.

Definitely.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
Yes, Oklahoma really has a penchant for losing big games what with a ~.680 win% against Top 25 teams (like .02 behind #1 Saban with like double the games played).

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Grittybeard posted:

You're not thinking big enough obviously.

Now I'm wondering how OU does vs #1 or 2 in the polls including the regular season, I know Missouri gave them a win in 2007 and I'd imagine Texas has been there a few times during the shootout.

4-4 it looks like. 10-10 against Top 5, 18-13 against Top 10.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Spiritus Nox posted:

Hold on, Baylor lost to Army at home pre-Briles. Are you implying KSU was worse pre-Snyder? Because, uh, wow.

Kansas State before Snyder was likely the worst college football program for like 80 years. Baylor actually had stretches of being ok or even good in the SWC.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

DJExile posted:

North Texas has new lids and they own

These are awesome. Love the way the program is improving. Back to a bowl game, new stadium, new conference, new helmets. Caw caw motherfuckers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

anne frank fanfic posted:

I'll be there. but cheering for Texas. Go WVU vs Alabama for funny upset of the early season

Proof that Baylor fans are terrible and don't get football.

• Locked thread