Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

UNC ranked for no reason at the start of the year, sun rises in the east etc...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Groucho Marxist posted:

Let us never forget the glorious Ron Prince era between Snyder's stints.

http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/2011/4/20/2120796/ron-prince-college-football-a-text-based-game-by-edsbs

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Still funny after all these years

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

wtftastic posted:

I was raised a Virginia fan by my mom, who went there when they were so bad the "Good Old Song" was sung for first downs (its supposed to be for scoring plays), and my dad who hated his alma mater. We went to games when they were decent (the early to late 90s) and then moved abroad and I stopped following them. I started getting back in to college football my senior year of college (at an all women's school) and then I got in to UVA for grad school. I'm sitting in an office directly across from the stadium, and I try to go to every game (my parents have season tickets that I use). The last few years have been soul destroying.

I can't remember the last time I actually went to a game. I generally just go down to see people during football games, and like grab lunch during the game and take a nap. Does wonders for my sanity

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Groucho Marxist posted:

that sounds way cooler than some dumb fish swimming around

I went this summer and took a bunch of pictures of sea turtles, it was rad.

Also College Park is a shithole. My roommate went there and she won't even defend it.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

wtftastic posted:

Like, I missed the Duke game last year because I was too sick to leave the house, and I'm so glad I wasn't there. I was crushed.

I find it very hard not to go though- I have a lot of fond childhood memories of watching Tiki and Ronde Barber play and then equally fond memories of terrible crap happening, like going to a game with my dad and his friend from work, who was a Clemson homer. Clemson destroyed us, and it was raining and freezing, and we got nachos and hot chocolate and stayed the whole time because we drove there together. My dad's friend stood out in mostly empty benches hooting and hollering. My family still comes down for rivalry week when VT plays here and it hasn't been good.

Like I'm pretty much the poster child for irrational sentimental attachment to my football team.

I'm with ya. I'll probably still be tracking down ESPN3 streams for our games because we aren't televised anymore. Nothing more dedicated than watching on your laptop on the couch instead of actually enjoying a Saturday...

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Democratic Pirate posted:

One of the current yell leaders is mid 30s

I...what?

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Ty1990 posted:

Ha. I thought I was the only one that wasn't crazy about our fellow fans.

Everyone hates ND fans, how hard is that to grasp.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Easy money for y'all: Take UCLA (-21) over Virginia and run with it

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Vandy is a cool and good school and I wish them all the best in replacing Franklin

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

University of Iowa professor plans to dress up like a robot to protest the football team's pink visitors' locker room

Hmmmm

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Yeah I didn't even bother linking to the article because I remember the same thing being an issue in like 04 and 10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Wake Forest could have played better but also could have played much much worse. Any time you get a blocked punt for a TD, it's not an atrocious night. :unsmith:

'Could have played better'. That's a bit of an understatement

• Locked thread