Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

This is dumb. I like it.

I'm in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

I figured that the draft rankings were such a piece of poo poo that I'll get better results by skipping all that and doing it live myself. I hope that this turns out to be the case...

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Dee here. I'll get around to changing the team name now that I've got a roster.

I feel like that draft went terribly because I have no grasp of the scoring and was struggling to figure out relative value of each position. That's on top of not knowing any of these players, because I only just started digging real deep into football last season. Fingers crossed that I picked up all starters (and healthy), so we'll see if they can scrape together some points for a few wins. It's good that none of this matters and I should be able to have a lot of fun even if I have a terrible showing.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

This has been great, I love the extra element it adds to fantasy because getting my normal leagues torn apart through injuries and arrests wasn't enough. I just hope the points keep coming in because the first two weeks have gone wayyyyy better than I expected.

So far I got to watch my first round pick suffer a concussion while crushing Joe Flacco, and one of my DE got ejected for punching some GB player after a 2pt conversion (he was on my bench, luckily). Fantasy football, everyone!

Teeter fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Sep 18, 2014

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

I wish all of my players could over-perform like this.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

This week was rough for me because of the short bench. I have 4 players on bye and one injured. I was able to fill in my flex spots with some DBs who actually ended up as two of my highest scoring players, but I see now that I wasn't even able to roster 4 LBs. I get the feeling that I won't have a complete roster for many of the coming weeks.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

My team has fallen apart. The roster is so large that it's hard as hell to juggle players on that small bench along with the huge amounts of injuries and bye weeks, but adding to that is the fact that Yahoo sucks rear end for showing any sorts of scoring information and a major lack of info about defensive players. Half the time I honestly have no clue if a player I've got rostered is actually going to play or not, and neither Yahoo nor Rotoworld have been much help.

e: I love the concept of the league but I can't keep up with a lot of it week to week. That said, I'm definitely excited for next season because this is a learning experience and we can make this much better the second time around!

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

I have no clue where to even check FAAB budget in Yahoo but I'm assuming I have a ton of cash because I forget about my lineup and make all of my moves during free agency.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Big game this week. It could very well decide who gets the last playoff spot, and it's projected to be a close one:

I've paid no mind to how accurate projections have been throughout the season but either way, I like the suspense.

Teeter fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Nov 20, 2014

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Aredna posted:

Is it normal on Yahoo to do that? I always thought Out was for when they never even started the game, but I use ESPN for every other league.

I've got 3 players in the game tomorrow and I'm projected to be within 1 point of my opponent. Going to come down to the wire!

My other leagues have basically been decided already so this is the only matchup of mine that is up in the air. It'll be a nail-biter during tonight's game :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

:toot:

I lucked out in my playoff run but I'm still proud of this because it's my only consolation for losing the championship in my real league. It was fun so I should be around to defend my title next year!

• Locked thread