Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013
I'm playing Fallout: new Vegas right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
it's pretty good but i like it more with jsawyer.esp

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

good game

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Doctor Goat posted:

I usually use jsawyer or my tweaked project Nevada

If anyone ever wants a list of the settings to unfuck PN I can post that and how to do it from the in game mod configuration manager it adds since a lot of dumb poo poo is turned on and adjusted by default in PN (something I never agreed with)

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

very good game

Tokyo Incident
Nov 1, 2011

relax
I'm going to play it soon, wish me luck.

Dec 26, 2012

good luck

FUMF
Mar 31, 2014

Moola posted:

very good game

The best game

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Have fun playing your game for gamers whom's brains were damaged from playing Mass Effect, OP. :dukedog:

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Hevo posted:

The best game

it's not my best game but if it's your best game that's A ok with me friend

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Wormskull posted:

Have fun playing your game for gamers whom's brains were damaged from playing Mass Effect, OP. :dukedog:

alpha protocol is a science backed cure for that

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Fallout 3 was so much better.

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!
Don't forget to grab the open strip mod.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

rocket_man38 posted:

Don't forget to grab the open strip mod.

isn't that a broken POS

J-Spot posted:

using that mod that lets you go through 3 in NV is really interesting because there's so much more combat in 3, like, I went into the grocery store for Moira and it was more dudes than I fought anywhere I can remember that wasn't plot except when I shoot what's his name for the dog hat in nipton

3 also had the vacuum gun thing which rad as hell

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Doctor Goat posted:

isn't that a broken POS

Idk but I've been using Open Freeside which is cool in theory but breaks a bunch of poo poo. Oh well.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

The nude mods in this game suck!!!! gently caress you!

Dec 26, 2012

Doctor Goat posted:

jsawyer+hardcore is really good

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

01011001 posted:

jsawyer+hardcore is really good

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

Doctor Goat posted:

isn't that a broken POS

using that mod that lets you go through 3 in NV is really interesting because there's so much more combat in 3, like, I went into the grocery store for Moira and it was more dudes than I fought anywhere I can remember that wasn't plot except when I shoot what's his name for the dog hat in nipton

3 also had the vacuum gun thing which rad as hell

Hmm, not that I've heard? I know several mods REQUIRE it, so I don't know how "broken" it is. Wouldn't surprise me though, it would have to be kind of glitchy.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

If you patch NVSE to use 4gb of RAM it makes stuff like Open Strip much more stable

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

J-Spot posted:

only stupid idiots think this

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

LaTex Fetish posted:

Agreed.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I might reinstall this.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The time when I really stopped giving a poo poo about video games and whether their worth talking about very much was when I seen all the folks from games and all the reviewers say stuff like New Vegas. It's Good. But it just doesn't live up to the Original Fallout 3.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

*thinks about hunting down the 45 mods needed to make it playable and reconsiders*

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wormskull posted:

The time when I really stopped giving a poo poo about video games and whether their worth talking about very much was when I seen all the folks from games and all the reviewers say stuff like New Vegas. It's Good. But it just doesn't live up to the Original Fallout 3.

Lol.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Everytime I play this I always think about doing unarmed or explosives or osmething, but then I just make a guns character and pretend I'm a cowboy or a disgruntled soldier.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I have only ever really played through it as a unarmed thing I think.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Other times I played with other builds but didn't get far since I'd done it already. And then when I went to play it later on something about having to start it again really bored me so I stopped.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wormskull posted:

I have only ever really played through it as a unarmed thing I think.

My first play where I actually finished the game was unarmed and explosives iirc.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

LaTex Fetish posted:

i don't know man metacritic seems to agree. maybe you just don't get fallout 3 or thought it was too hard? you can change the difficulty anytime in the settings.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

J-Spot posted:

i don't know man metacritic seems to agree. maybe you just don't get fallout 3 or thought it was too hard?

THR=EEEEEE DOG :iamafag:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

J-Spot posted:

i don't know man metacritic seems to agree. maybe you just don't get fallout 3 or thought it was too hard? you can change the difficulty anytime in the settings.

Maybe you think metacritic is the absolute arbitrator on such things like some kind of deranged teenager on GameFaqs.

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

http://blip.tv/tipping-forties/let-s-play-fallout-new-vegas-ep-1-4958084 I loved this playthrough done by Goons.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Wormskull posted:

Maybe you think metacritic is the absolute arbitrator on such things like some kind of deranged teenager on GameFaqs.
Nah man, metacritic gave fallout 3 a 93 but it's probably closer to a 97. would be 100 but then they ruined the ending by adding dlc.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

gently caress off, troll. Oh, and get some new material.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

*doing the Tom Bombadil dance* Fallout 3 got 93 on metacritic but should have gotten a 97!

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

*doing the Tom Bombadil dance* Fallout 3 got 93 on metacritic but should have gotten a 97!

lmao

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

The best times ive had in fallout has been spawning in flamers and seeing how many npcs i can burn before i get killed/bored

• Locked thread