Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Randandal
Feb 26, 2009

ImPureAwesome posted:

Why I'd no one picking Carolina? Do people think they're gonna be worse/the bucs better than I think?

I'd rather save the good teams for later in the season.

I took the Jets because this is probably the best shot I'll get with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randandal
Feb 26, 2009

GNU Order posted:

Every time I try to "save" teams by making a riskier pick early I end up getting eliminated. I'd rather bet on a blue chip team or bet against a garbage team early while we figure out who's good and who isn't this year

My Jets pick is against Oakland.

Randandal
Feb 26, 2009

Lorini posted:

It's too early in the year to use the Oakland pick, they'll lose plenty this year, so I'm waiting til I need it.

Oh yeah I'm not doing jets-oakland in reverse eliminator.

Randandal
Feb 26, 2009

:getin:

Randandal
Feb 26, 2009

Athanatos posted:

Had a few years where people win with 16-1.

Its not kosher but as far as participation trophies go this is definitely the best option.

I got the Packers out of the way in Reverse and I got the Jets out of the way in Eliminator, and my 49ers+Eagles spread parlay succeeded for $1300 because the Eagles managed to cover the spread after everything that happened in that game....

This is going to turn me into a degenerate real life gambler and end with a desperate plea from me for couchsurfing options here in TFF.

Those Monday Night games are tempting me but there is no loving way I feel confident about any scenario there.

Randandal fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Sep 8, 2014

Randandal
Feb 26, 2009

This week looks like a nightmare. Every team I want to pick is playing on the road and most of them aren't as bad or as good as they looked in Week 1. I'm probably going to just play my Broncos card right now.

Randandal
Feb 26, 2009

Elephanthead posted:

Is it wrong I just bet all my funbucks on the patriots?

Only if you didn't bet the spread too.

Randandal
Feb 26, 2009

I was somehow in first place for Funbux last week. Now I am not.

Packers and Rams killed both spread eliminators for me but I'm still alive in regular eliminator and regular reverse eliminator because I wasn't touching anything but the Broncos and Chiefs for that one.

Randandal fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Sep 15, 2014

Randandal
Feb 26, 2009

Madcosby posted:

Weeks 1 (and basically up to 4) are madness. If I were a betting man, I'd just avoid betting the first few weeks of the NFL until some clear trends start to emerge. That being said, I am eliminated from eliminator, reverse elim, spread and reverse spread eliminator.

And now to dig myself out of the funbucks hole.

I'm starting with a money line bet on Atlanta. At least we'll have ~$700 to blow on a Sunday parlay instead of ~$500 :hfive:

I'm taking the Patriots this week in Eliminator because there's no point saving them for a later point in the season at which I'll likely already be eliminated anyway. I'll save the Raiders for a later week in Reverse though lol, thinking I'll take either Vikings or Buccaneers there.

In hindsight this might have been the best opportunity to use Atlanta in Eliminator.

Randandal
Feb 26, 2009

Blotto Skorzany posted:

O/U for the Giants/Skins game seems rather low (44.5). I'm surprised the over is paying out at -107, I'd expect something like -150. Or are there a bunch of injuries I didn't notice?

The Giants hit that over singlehandedly

Randandal
Feb 26, 2009

Haha, thank you for getting the site back up and secured Rura. I've been in a state of trepidation trying to get the website to load today because I forgot who I had picked and had a suspicion I'd taken the Steelers.

I picked the Colts luckily, so I'm still alive in Eliminator and Reverse Eliminator (been gone from both spread elims for a while). The Steelers' bum of a place kicker did knock me out of Kicker Eliminator today. :argh:

Randandal
Feb 26, 2009

I screenshotted the Team Graphs for Eliminator each week because they're usually quite revealing and interesting.

Especially during bloodbath weeks. :unsmigghh:

Goodbye Bears pickers! :wave: also Chiefs & Patriots

:laffo: Saints, 49ers, Buccaneers, Seahawks, Titans :laffo:

:tootzzz:

Steelers :iamafag:

Randandal fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Sep 29, 2014

Randandal
Feb 26, 2009

And here are some early results for Week 5 which looks difficult as gently caress right now.

Apparently a few of you have already submitted Eliminator picks for the entire season.

I don't know what the gently caress I should do this week. :ohdear:

Randandal fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Sep 29, 2014

Randandal
Feb 26, 2009

I'm hesitant about either of those picks, Seahawks because they're on the road and I might do better by saving them for a later homegame, and the Chargers because the Jets have a history of playing them fiercely and have been hanging tough against good teams this year. I want to take either the Packers, Steelers or Saints, but don't trust any of them as they've been weak at times this year and could easily fall victim to rookie QB voodoo facing Bridgewater/Bortles/Glennon.

Maybe I should just trust the 49ers this week. :psyboom:

Once the Raiders return from their Bye this should get easier again.

Randandal
Feb 26, 2009

Azhais posted:

I was waffling between the Saints and the Giants today, and settled on the Lions. So far I'm happy about that.

edit: tho I'd be a lot happier if the Lions could make a FG longer than 20 yards.

Heh

Randandal
Feb 26, 2009

I'm still in Reverse Eliminator and plain Eliminator, just not Spread or Reverse Spread.

Randandal
Feb 26, 2009

Randandal posted:

I'm still in Reverse Eliminator and plain Eliminator, just not Spread or Reverse Spread.

gently caress you Chargers. At least I'm still going in Reverse Eliminator. :gbsmith:

Randandal
Feb 26, 2009

I thought the Rams Rule specifically applied to @Rams

Randandal
Feb 26, 2009

Division game yeah, but I would still just grab Detroit hosting Chicago tomorrow since you have it available.

However I was knocked out of Eliminator on the Redskins-Cowboys MNF abortion in Week 8 so I'm kind of like a living example of making bad decisions and then encouraging others to make the same bad decisions again.

Randandal
Feb 26, 2009

Chichevache posted:

Yeah, I'm not going to bet that the Detroit Lions perform well against a weak divisional opponent during a nationally televised game. The Bears are probably the safer choice, from a historical perspective at least.

You could just take the Giants at Jacksonville.

Randandal
Feb 26, 2009

CHRISTS FOR SALE posted:

How do I delete my account from this? Sick of getting the emails and I haven't played in a loooong time.

???

I never get emails and I play every year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randandal
Feb 26, 2009

axeil posted:

It sends you reminder emails if you haven't made your picks yet on Wednesday.

I must have disabled those a long time ago.

Have you tried disabling the emails?

Or mark them as spam

Your problem seems overblown and easily solved.

E;fb

Vogon Poet posted:

The reminder emails have links to leave games (which should prevent you from receiving reminder emails if you aren't signed up for any of the games) and to unsubscribe from reminder emails (which should obviously also prevent you from receiving reminder emails). Have you tried those?

• Locked thread