Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

ok, look guys i know that this has been a difficult time for all of us, some of you have said somethings that we can't take back and i know a couple friendships have been tested over this thing

ill probably catch a lot of flcak over this, but i know that i'll get some pms from people saying 'thank you for your courage kumo, you did what i could not'

whatever your feelings on shake it out, i think we can all agree that it's claerly an important video that has generated a lot of conversation, and that is the soul of this here country- passionate informed debate -so let's just have it all out here, let's talk about the cultural appropriation, the veiled criticisms of southeast asian economic policy, the freemason question, and adrren aronofsky's screed at the sunday new york times review of books

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfWlot6h_JM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp
mods please shake this thread out to the gas chamber

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
The other day I listened to an interview with Taylor Swift and she mostly talked about her recent real estate purchases

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

she abandoned her country roots for the kind of cash only max martin can provide

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 672 days!
I enjoyed the video, the song is alright.

3 out of 5.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
Voted 5 because :drat:

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 672 days!

Arian_Samurai posted:

The other day I listened to an interview with Taylor Swift and she mostly talked about her recent real estate purchases

She could probably afford all of West Virginia. Use it's mineral wealth and broken, easily exploited population to build up a strong military and then invade Western PA, which is ripe for the taking.

Probably a good thing most rich people are very dull and unimaginative tho.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

She's the 2010's version of Debbie Gibson.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Better than I was expecting, frankly. Not interested in hearing/watching again though.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
The cheerleader outfit was good also the all-black one. I'm at work so I couldn't her anything

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012
im glad that the black people have given up on being upset about kids being shot and are focusing on the real struggles they face such as 'cultural appropriation'

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 672 days!

jalopybrown posted:

im glad that the black people have given up on being upset about kids being shot and are focusing on the real struggles they face such as 'cultural appropriation'

I'm pretty sure the video is a parody. I don't think parodies count as appropriation.

If they do tho, man is Weird Al gonna be in (fake) trouble (on the internet lol).

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

thompson posted:

Voted 5 because :drat:

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

Cesar Cedeno posted:

I'm pretty sure the video is a parody. I don't think parodies count as appropriation.

idk man some people are pissed:

https://twitter.com/earlxsweat?orig...tw_p=tweetembed

Kumo fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Aug 19, 2014

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
AV triggers me

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 672 days!

lol this guy needs to culturally appropriate some loving intelligence from white people.

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012

tyler needs to tell him; Hahahahahahahaha How The gently caress Is MV Racism Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Walk Away From The Screen Like Nigga Close Your Eyes Haha

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth

wtf i thought it was only will smiths son that drops lame "deep" tweets. is it a reg thing on black twitter?

Mermaid Autopsy
Jun 9, 2001

taylor swift is why white genocide is right genocide

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001
haha what a loving dickhead/baby

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Taylor swift is gonna look like Joan Rivers as she ages. It's gonna get weird.

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
Seems like it's basically a middle finger to Miley Cirus saying "lol don't need to be a retarded slut to start being a maturer-audience-aimed pop act"

loving terrible music either way though

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
i'll stick to lady gaga for my easily digestible pop needs, thanks OP

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Taylor Swift please stop this nonsense and come back to Nashville. Save us from bro-country nightmare acts such as Georgia Florida Line, Blake Shelton, and Luke Bryan.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I usually shake it at least twice

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
Taylor Swift is alright every now and then in my book

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
the ong sucks the video sucks the end

the Gaffe
Jul 4, 2011

you gotta believe dawg
i'd give swifty a smooch if given the chance heh

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
would

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005

LifeSizePotato posted:

she abandoned her country roots for the kind of cash only max martin can provide

She's from Pennsylvania. What country roots?

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

fake ones, apparently

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Dick Fagballzson posted:

She's from Pennsylvania. What country roots?

That's coal country boss

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005
I'm from Bethlehem which is like an hour from where she's from. Nothing coal or country about Eastern PA. It's like a person from NYC calling themselves country.

Dick Fagballzson fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Aug 19, 2014

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Mutual Fund country

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 672 days!

Dick Fagballzson posted:

I'm from Bethlehem which is like an hour from where she's from. Nothing coal or country about Eastern PA.

Uhhh, are you retarded?

Just an hour north of you is literally one of the nations biggest coal mining areas. Stretching across Luzerne, Carbon, Monroe and other counties. They still mine coal there to this day.

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005
I was under the impression all of that poo poo closed down ages ago when the steel industry went bust. Still nothing country about that area. It's squarely in the Northeast.

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 672 days!

Dick Fagballzson posted:

I was under the impression all of that poo poo closed down ages ago when the steel industry went bust. Still nothing country about that area. It's squarely in the Northeast.

There is a reason they call the area in between Philly and Pittsburgh Pennslytucky.

Same stupid rednecks, minus the accent.

I'm not saying she's 100% genuine in being "country" but she isn't exactly from NYC ether. Also learn some more about the drat state you live in dude.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Dick Fagballzson posted:

You should drive through your state sometime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005
I haven't lived there in the better part of two decades. Family moved when Bethlehem Steel closed up shop. I thought coal production dried up with it with no demand for coke from the steel mill. Guess I was wrong.

• Locked thread