Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
nascar is great because the cars are loud and it gives you an excuse to drink for 500 laps. it means you don't have to talk to family and you can get ripped for like 3 hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Cesar Cedeno posted:

lol we wish, truth is you can't even accidentally crash your car anymore due to weather or animals without the police citing you for something.

Reckless driving, made up speeding charges.

God loving help you if you hit and kill a dude, even if it wasn't your fault. You are gonna be spending some time in court defending BS charges.

Better hope you have family in law enforcement.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Cesar Cedeno posted:

Recorded history begins in 1776 and what could be called civilization didn't start until the invention of the car.

Anything before that was just a series of increasingly elaborately dressed neanderthals beating the poo poo out of each other.

1776 was the start point things didn't get real till we got real guns in the civil war

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Moridin920 posted:

Unfortunately true.

Man I see people in the courthouse with sneakers, shorts, and a t-shirt on sometimes though, it's like they aren't even trying.

i show up in the cheapest shittiest clothes i can for jury duty so i go home early or dismissed. Also don't wash your court clothes.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
last two court cases i almost got on jury for were both estimated by the judge to be 3 weeks minimum, gently caress that.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

iNFUSiON posted:

Depressing

Don't they pay you for service plus transportation? I don't remember if they also pay for like missed work or whatever, probably not but w/e

i'm not going to sit on a trolley for 3 hours a day to sit in court, if i drove it'd cost more gas than i get paid for.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
they wil let you change the day of your summons change it to be a friday before a holiday weekend.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

happyhippy posted:

"This was his last expression Mom, before he went under the wheels."

the home depot symbol makes it look like they live in a display kitchen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

veedubfreak posted:

Well then we would no longer have NASCAR.

Speaking of stupid people and the justice system. One of the sites I work at has a probation unit on the 5th floor. It's down right hilarious to get into an elevator that is empty but still smells like whoever was in it just smoked a giant blunt in there before going to see their probation officer. Some people must just enjoy going to jail.

its better than min wage.

• Locked thread