Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Let's do this!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

This was the one Wes Anderson movie I hadn't seen. I corrected that. I think this was the best one.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tremendous Taste posted:

I'll gently caress this game until it's nothing

NOTHING!!!!

That sounds violent. Are you violent?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Now I'm getting sleepy.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Mills posted:

King Burgundy is terrible at Survivor.

I thought I was pretty decent. I would have done better if Taste would have listened to me. He would have done better too! :)

Tremendous Taste posted:

That's a nice avatar KB

Thanks! I decided it was time for a change.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Mills posted:

Na I thought you did well too. I was just being contrarian.

Therefore, why aren't you voting Meinberg?

I always like to hear people say something at least before I throw a vote their way.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

True. If I can fall asleep in the next 12 minutes I could still get 5 hours sleep. Maybe I'll do that.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Opopanax posted:

Did someone call me? Hi

Hi Opop,

I signed up for your game before I signed up for this game. And yet, this game has started. What happened?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

DuckHuntDog posted:

##vote opop

Votecount for Day 1

Meinberg (2): Mills, Your Personal Muse
Somberbrero (1): Rarity
bowmore (1): DuckHuntDog
Rarity (1): Kumbamontu
Opopanax (1): Somberbrero

Not Voting (10): bowmore, Ernie., GulagDolls, Hal Incandenza, King Burgundy, Magnus Gallant, Meinberg, Opopanax, tearshed, Tremendous Taste

With 16 alive, it's 9 votes to lynch. The current deadline is August 29th, 2014 at 9 p.m. EDT

So is Opop aliased to Bowmore? :)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tremendous Taste posted:

What use has a god among men for money

None

If you have no use for money, then prove it by giving me your $100 every day. I love money.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Yeah, that seems like a recipe for sadness. Last game I was in had a role that let the scum punch through protections. Even if everything went well it seems like we'd just be setting ourselves up for heartache.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Ernie. posted:

in reality what somberbrero is suggesting is bad for town because

a) it forces town to come to consensus for yet-another-vote
b) it gives scum much more direction
c) it endangers the most trustworthy people in the town when they hold all that money

D) And the whole thing may be moot anyway, since depending on the stock and pricing of the store items, it is possible there really won't be a worthwhile amount of money leftover at the end of a day.

I'm feeling like this is being built up way more than it has any potential of fulfilling as a mechanic. Prove me wrong DBD! :)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Ernie. posted:

in reality what somberbrero is suggesting is bad for town because

Ernie. posted:

I think somber is the opposite of scum. Gunning early for Hal and then turning around to continue truly arguing the benefits of attempting to break the game for town are very townie things indeed.

Had a change of heart?

Am I seeing something that isn't there? Feels fishy. You have earned my first vote.

##vote Ernie

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Ernie. posted:

and then you're puppy-cuddled

I get what the end result of this is based on the context, but can someone explain the origin/what it means exactly? I tried the usual wikis and found nothing on this term.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Ernie. posted:

yes you are

because i'm prodding for reactions, and wouldn't have had a key reaction (used in the second part of my sentence) if i didn't first push sombrero a little

This really didn't move me. But your posting since seems pretty town.

##unvote

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Ernie. posted:

Null read on KB, but it seems identical to a town game of his I saw before where he's just careful and mindful of his votes/posts. KB have you played as scum yet?

Nope. Not yet. I was thinking between this game and the cartoon game maybe I'd finally get my chance based purely on odds, but then Opop boned me. :(

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Ernie. posted:

hi you person who is posting right after me, please tell me why you're not voting hal incandenza and how scummy his next post would have to be for you to change your mind

I always think Hal is scum in these games. So I've determined I can't read him and I try to follow other peoples cases on him. I'm always willing to consider him.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Do more expensive items have higher odds of being worthwhile? Or is it all completely random?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

If you have a strong town read on someone, and they are around to buy something right now from the shop before it closes, then I say go for it.

I'm kinda sad we only got to pick up one item from the store today so far. :)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Also, I'm super confused at the argument on the table. Am I understanding this right?

YPM says: Money disappearing > Scum getting money

Somber says: We don't have enough info to know that to be true

Is that really it? Because if so, I'm super confused about in what world that would NOT be the case. Like I'm having problems even coming up with a theoretical where scum getting money could be better than it disappearing. I guess if there were booby trap items? But all we heard about was duds, not actual downsides.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Kumbamontu posted:

It's more like

YPM: Money disappearing > Scum getting money
Somber: Money maybe landing in town hands > Money disappearing > Scum getting money

I think??

Ok, that makes far more sense. I can see that.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Kumbamontu posted:

I have a feeling a "GOTCHA" is coming and that it's going to be disappointing

:munch:

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Magnus Gallant posted:

My vig targets are now changed to two lurkers in the effort that they'll post more: tearshed and bowmore.

Seriously. I was trying to let at least a few real life days pass before I started my normal lurker crusade, and here we are. This is Tearshed's only post in the thread since the game started:

tearshed posted:

Confirmed

One word. The last game I played also had Tearshed in it, I voted him for scummy lurking like this, and he flipped scum. This time it is so over the top extreme that either he is king scum of all time or he died in real life. I hope it is the first one.

##vote Tearshed

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Kumbamontu posted:

Tearshed's lurking is actually the most neutral kind of lurking you can possibly do (posting nothing), and you getting a scum read off of literally nothing is hilarious

I can't help it. I'm biased against lurkers. Why would you sign up for a game like this and not participate? What is the point? I hate getting near the end and having a bunch of people that it is impossible to read in any real way because they never post anything relevant.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Kumbamontu posted:

King Burgundy are you new or are you one of those people who predates votefinder and returned

New. Although I'm not sure when I stop being new, been in a handful of games now.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Votecount for Day 1

Ernie. (2): Mills, King Burgundy, King Burgundy, Opopanax
bowmore (2): DuckHuntDog, Tremendous Taste
Tremendous Taste (2): Kumbamontu, Rarity
Opopanax (2): Somberbrero, Somberbrero, Meinberg, Somberbrero
Mills (1): Ernie., Ernie., GulagDolls
Somberbrero (0): Rarity, Magnus Gallant, Magnus Gallant, Kumbamontu, Your Personal Muse, Kumbamontu, Your Personal Muse, Tremendous Taste, Tremendous Taste, Rarity
Rarity (0): Kumbamontu, Kumbamontu
Meinberg (0): Mills, Your Personal Muse, GulagDolls, Mills, GulagDolls, Your Personal Muse
Your Personal Muse (0): Somberbrero, Somberbrero

Not Voting (7): bowmore, Ernie., Hal Incandenza, King Burgundy, Magnus Gallant, Pinterest Mom, Your Personal Muse

With 16 alive, it's 9 votes to lynch. The current deadline is August 29th, 2014 at 9 p.m. EDT

Little less than 2 days left, still lots of time left but we are in the home stretch!

So those two votes on Bowmore were both supposed to be on Opop. Theoretically, Opop is in the lead right now with 4 votes if that is ever fixed. DHD and Taste should probably try re-voting.

For meta reasons, I'm willing to consider Opop. Honestly, his posting seems nice and helpful and present in this game and if this was the first game I'd been in with him I'd think he was town. But I've been in a couple of games with him now and this is actually out of the norm. Normally he is unhelpful, lurky, etc. So something is making him post differently then normal. I don't think he is any less busy given his dropping of one of his planned games. :shrug:

My number one lurker target Tearshed has been replaced by PinMom. Are you scum PinMom? :)

Next lurker on my list is Bowmore. I hounded him in the X-men game for his unhelpful posting and he turned out to be town. Given his RL excuses in the thread I guess I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for the moment, but I'd really like to see some something meaty when he gets in front of a real computer tomorrow. If his current posting continues as it is though, I'd be willing to vote for him before the end of day 1.

On the other vote leaders, I'm still feeling like Ernie is seeming towny other than that one brief combo of posts I found unusual. When he was scum in another game I was in with him he seemed far less helpful. It feels like he is trying to find things in this game. Taste I have no idea on. He's fooled me before and he certainly isn't doing anything helpful for town in this game. I guess I'd lean scum on him. On Mills, although he is doing some unhelpful gimicky thing with his posting, he has at least stated his reasons for voting how he is and although I don't agree with them, they seem reasonable. I guess I'm leaning town there for now.

---

Hey Hal, since I see you are around right now, do you want to weigh in with your thoughts at the moment? You haven't really contributed much this game yet and I know you can do it.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Somberbrero posted:

heyyy rarity why didn't you give you money away here?

I don't think anyone asked her for it. I recall telling her to pick someone she thought was super town, but maybe she didn't think anyone was.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Meinberg posted:

I think it's very rude that you think I'm a ghost.

Bowmore's continuing lack of content and even failing to change the nickname related issue bothers me.

Yeah, I'm still down to vote Bowmore if he doesn't come through with his promised posting tonight.

But I'm confused by your comment on the nickname change, is that on him to do?? If so, can you tell me how to check my own?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Meinberg posted:

If you log into Votefinder, you can find your player profile on there, and have the option to remove any aliases/nicknames you've accumulated.

Ah, so I'd have to create an account/etc? I'll continue to hope I don't end up with something stupid like what happened here then.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Somberbrero posted:

Magnus said Ernie was town based on two posts he quoted without expanding at all on why he thought those posts made Ernie town. YPM called him out on it and he still hasn't responded. I think Magnus is scum faking content. Go take a look and then come back and vote him, it's like two pages ago.

I find his not coming back to respond to be a bit scummy, in the same way I find all people without as much time to invest in internet games to be scummy. But the post itself seems ok to me. It probably helps that I kind of agree with him. I wouldn't have used those particular posts of Ernie's, nor would I have posted them without explanation, but I'm leaning town on Ernie.

If Magnus hasn't come back and made a good showing before the end of the day, I guess I'll reconsider.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Somberbrero posted:

I think Ernie is town too but I don't see what Ernie's alignment has to do with Magnus Gallant's post.

Uh, that was pretty clearly outlined in my post. I agree with the point of his post(which is about Ernie's alignment, in case you are having reading difficulties), just not how he made the point.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Mills posted:

yawn

toast

Hi Mills. Do you still think Meinberg and Ernie are scum? Any other reads?

Do you like butter on your toast? Or due to your location do you do something weird like Marmite?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Somberbrero posted:

You do not see the issue with coming to the right conclusion the wrong way?

here

I think that Meinberg and Pinterest Mom are town based on these posts!

Why?

Because let me get back to you. Someday.

Hahaha, that is cute, but the posts he quoted had content unlike the ones you are using as your example. I do see the issue with coming to the conclusion the wrong way, but I'm not sure he did. Now that he's back I'm sure he'll give us his reasons.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Mills posted:

Ernie

Vegemite

I'm starting to change my mind about Mills.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Kumbamontu posted:

You changed your mind about someone's alignment because of a disgusting Australian food?

Hahaha, no, honestly I thought he hadn't answered me and just read his post as more noise. But I guess I'm supposed to puzzle out that his answer to my question is that he only thinks Ernie is scum and he has disgusting taste.

Fair enough.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Rarity posted:

I'm going to bed now but for the record I'm still happy with my vote on Taste

We have a little under 24 hours to deadline now.

I think I'll join you on Taste for now, I'm leaning scum on him too.

##vote Tremendous Taste

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Mills posted:

Taste is town. I guarantee it. :shrug:

Can you explain why? I feel like you just think he is town because you are buds.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Same for you Ernie. :) I'd love to hear from both of you on why.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Sigh.

##unvote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Ernie. posted:

no, this is the towniest taste has ever played historically

usually taste will joke around and not bat an eye about coming off scummy for it

but here he is blatantly pro-town and there's no need for him to do it as a bad-guy

only as a good-guy changing his style

Can you show me the super town things he's said? I feel like all I've seen him do is hop around his votes with little reason and post his gimmick stuff.

• Locked thread