Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Retail Slave posted:

Is Mickie James still an active wrestler? What I wouldn't give to have Paige bring her in, storyline-wise, and have her and AJ try to out-crazy each other every week. But this won't happen, because WWE hasn't given a poo poo about any woman not named Stephanie McMahon since Trish Stratus retired.

They obviously give a poo poo about the Bella Twins!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pariah Rex
May 31, 2011

If I help you now it sets a bad example to my fans.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Uh, why?

Please let Brock win at NOC. Please God,

Up until now I've really been pulling for and sticking with Roman Reigns because all things point to that he might actually be the guy they replace Cena with. But tonight has me not believing.

Cena is going to beat Lesnar and be the only main guy right up A)He Dies in the Ring or B}Vince Dies. And even if Cena dies in the ring Vince will just close up shop the next day.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Bard Maddox posted:

Positives: John Cena won that was good. Roman Reigns had good continuity.

Negatives: Nothing everything was good.

I like having a positivity patrol, it makes me smile even when I'm seriously bummed.

Strangely I suspect I'm on the PP too, seeing as how I almost always agree with Foochs in some way.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Cena owned all your faves.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

After tonight's showing I predict he best we can hope for is a gently caress finish for Lesnar.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Daniel Bryan posted:

Cena owned all your faves.

Remember last year when Cena was in an elimination match vs. The Shield and eliminated two of them and was about to make the third tap out before the rest of The Shield interfered and caused a DQ? This was technically The Shield's first loss as a team as none of them had been pinned at all in 3v3 matches.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting
You know a Raw's done well when you have three pages in half an hour.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

i hope john cena beats lesnar clean at noc

Pariah Rex
May 31, 2011

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Remember last year when Cena was in an elimination match vs. The Shield and eliminated two of them and was about to make the third tap out before the rest of The Shield interfered and caused a DQ? This was technically The Shield's first loss as a team as none of them had been pinned at all in 3v3 matches.

Don't forget that all that took place in literally less than 90 seconds.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Cornwind Evil posted:

You know a Raw's done well when you have three pages in half an hour.

You wouldn't get any posts if it was dull. This one was actively offensive enough to rant about it.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I think for NOC Cena is going to have a better chance but still lose in order to make Brock a little more mortal since we can't have every PPV from now to Wrestlemania be him killing his opponents (fun as that may be I think the crowds would get tired of it by TLC)

Pariah Rex
May 31, 2011

Do not even ask posted:

i hope john cena beats lesnar clean at noc

It's happening, so congratulations I guess?

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Daniel Bryan posted:

Cena owned all your faves. Get over it.

I actually have never really cared about the Wyatts; they felt too one dimensional and didn't have enough depth for long term development.

I'm pissed because Cena should be portrayed as a shaken warrior who is about to go into the hardest fight in his life and in all likelihood is going to lose, but god damnit he's not going to just walk away. He's going to make Lesnar EARN that championship. Cena shouldn't be wrestling, he should be doing UFC style interviews and workout montages. Then on the go home show he finally wrestles against...I don't know...Slater. And DESTROYS him. Tears him to pieces, because it's about showing Lesnar that he can dish it out and destroy just as much as The Beast.

and yeah, that's kind of what happened during this Raw, except you don't do it 2 weeks from Summerslam in Cena's first appearance back.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Bigass Moth posted:

Let me repeat myself from earlier, RAW opened with a legend's panel that talked about how John Cena may or may not beat Lesnar, then Cena himself came out to say he would do it, then the show ended with him singlehandedly destroying one of the hottest heels in the company and then his brand new best friends helped him destroy the rest of the heel stable. In between a bunch of jobbers jobbed, the Dust brothers had a pointless heel turn that will not work, Nikki Bella got mic time, and we were reminded that Dean Ambrose won't be on tv for at least another month.

did something happen after he destroyed the Wyatts? Because I only saw him destroy the Wyatts.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
I forgot Raw was on tonight and I didn't get to see whether John Cena, his confidence shaken, took the first step on the long road to recovery from the savage beating he received at Summerslam

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Tonights main event was loving wretched in every single sense of the word. Jesus Christ just loving awful.

TEGGS
Nov 21, 2004

Spoony Bard!

This means Ryback won't be on TV for awhile. That doesn't make me feel better at all. :(

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 32 days!

Retail Slave posted:

2) Is Mickie James still an active wrestler? What I wouldn't give to have Paige bring her in, storyline-wise, and have her and AJ try to out-crazy each other every week. But this won't happen, because WWE hasn't given a poo poo about any woman not named Stephanie McMahon since Trish Stratus retired.

It won't happen not because WWE doesn't give a poo poo about women wrestlers (they don't, of course), but because Mickie (reportedly) had a fling with Cena years ago that ended so badly they had to put them on separate shows before they finally cut her loose.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Renaissance Spam posted:

I actually have never really cared about the Wyatts; they felt too one dimensional and didn't have enough depth for long term development.

I'm pissed because Cena should be portrayed as a shaken warrior who is about to go into the hardest fight in his life and in all likelihood is going to lose, but god damnit he's not going to just walk away. He's going to make Lesnar EARN that championship. Cena shouldn't be wrestling, he should be doing UFC style interviews and workout montages. Then on the go home show he finally wrestles against...I don't know...Slater. And DESTROYS him. Tears him to pieces, because it's about showing Lesnar that he can dish it out and destroy just as much as The Beast.

and yeah, that's kind of what happened during this Raw, except you don't do it 2 weeks from Summerslam in Cena's first appearance back.

Umm what you're describing with Slater is exactly what happened tonight with the Wyatts.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Solomonic posted:

I forgot Raw was on tonight and I didn't get to see whether John Cena, his confidence shaken, took the first step on the long road to recovery from the savage beating he received at Summerslam

the road to recovery is paved with german suplexes and vicious clotheslines

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Solomonic posted:

yea you missed it. He really showed his new strength by doing the exact thing he did a couple months ago. You wouldn't believe how much different it looked!

Pariah Rex
May 31, 2011

Solomonic posted:

He was perfectly fine and then destroyed all three Wyatts with incredible ease.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

did something happen after he destroyed the Wyatts? Because I only saw him destroy the Wyatts.

Yeah, this would work better if they weren't hot heels *before* Cena beat them three...four times.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

sportsgenius86 posted:

Who are hotter heels at this point? Rusev? I love the man but his gimmick is literally "America bad Russia good"

Orton never gets any sort of reaction unless he's openly antagonizing one guy

edit: I'm not saying that the Wyatts are the company's top heels. I'm just pointing out how poo poo the company's heel booking is.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Daniel Bryan posted:

Umm what you're describing with Slater is exactly what happened tonight with the Wyatts.

Did you read the last sentence?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

where was Randy Orton

Pariah Rex
May 31, 2011

TEGGS posted:

This means Ryback won't be on TV for awhile. That doesn't make me feel better at all. :(

He probably got too many cheers last week in Vegas so they have to keep him off screen for a bit to make sure it doesn't happen again.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
When Brock wins at NOC I will be so loving relieved.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I'm currently watching WWE Network (haha on me) and I'm reminded that even loving Hogan put over King Kong Bundy like a monster before he squashed him.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

oatgan posted:

where was Randy Orton

he was busy making GBS threads in every raw gdt poster's gymbag

D Lambent
Jul 28, 2014

Pariah Rex posted:

He probably got too many cheers last week in Vegas so they have to keep him off screen for a bit to make sure it doesn't happen again.

The sad thing about this is that it is completely and totally plausible.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

That, however, is not plausible.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

DeathChicken posted:

I'm currently watching WWE Network (haha on me) and I'm reminded that even loving Hogan put over King Kong Bundy like a monster before he squashed him.

John Cena has done a very good job putting Brock Lesnar over like a monster so

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I will hope alongside you.

Sadly unlike for SummerSlam where I was PRETTY sure Brock would win, this time I'm pretty sure it's going to be Cena's 16th win and the next 4 months will mean nothing.

Actually make it 8, because Thrice in a Lifetime!

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

The way things are going, I expect an I Quit match where Brock is beating him and then says "SAY I QUIT JOHN" and then loses on a technicality because they would be dumb enough to think that would actually keep Brock strong by not really losing even though it would just make him look like a big retard and not accomplish anything at all.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

ZZ Top on Raw at least gave us Meltzer attempting to describe a pearl necklace in the WON.

Pariah Rex
May 31, 2011

sportsgenius86 posted:

The way things are going, I expect an I Quit match where Brock is beating him and then says "SAY I QUIT JOHN" and then loses on a technicality because they would be dumb enough to think that would actually keep Brock strong by not really losing even though it would just make him look like a big retard and not accomplish anything at all.

Don't let WWE creative see this post.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Pariah Rex posted:

Don't let WWE creative see this post.
We have to find the mole in PSP quick get a bunch of petri dishes, a sample of everyone's blood, and a hot wire!

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Do not even ask posted:

he was busy making GBS threads in every raw gdt poster's gymbag

how many psp posters own a gym-anything?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

RacistGuidingLight posted:

how many psp posters own a gym-anything?

you can carry multiple magic card boxes in a gym bag so probably at least a few

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Brock should go all retro and shoot on Cena at NoC. Stretch him like Stu Hart and then quit the company.

• Locked thread