Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
How much do you think the music DLC will cost stateside? I want to groove a battle to Never More and Memories of You as soon as possible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Excels posted:

How much do you think the music DLC will cost stateside? I want to groove a battle to Never More and Memories of You as soon as possible

Probably at a similar pricepoint to the JP release (200/300 yen), so probably $3 per pack.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Probably 2 bucks per pack except special packs like PQ and P4G music which will cost 3 bucks. They're already 200 yen and I don't expect the exchange to have us lose money for when it comes out in a few days because it's loving Arc System Works.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

No "Sun" :(.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah, Sun is in the game. It's in a DLC Pack for P3P with Wiping All Out and Soul Phrase.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Sep 25, 2014

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Wow, there's a lot of music in this game.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Beef Waifu posted:

Yeah, Sun is in the game. It's in a DLC Pack for P3P with Wiping All Out and Soul Phrase.

Cool, I should have read the second link better.

And yeah that's a ton of music.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

http://shoryuken.com/2014/08/28/famitsu-reveals-exclusive-color-palettes-for-persona-4-the-ultimax-ultra-suplex-hold/

look at all these awesome palettes we don't loving get. i bet you those are all on the NA disc too and will just remain inaccessible, forever.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
We're probably getting those palettes as DLC or free DLC.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Excels posted:

http://shoryuken.com/2014/08/28/famitsu-reveals-exclusive-color-palettes-for-persona-4-the-ultimax-ultra-suplex-hold/

look at all these awesome palettes we don't loving get. i bet you those are all on the NA disc too and will just remain inaccessible, forever.

Well, we got all of the BlazBlue magazine/blu-ray colors/stages/songs as DLC for the US version, something that the Japanese PSN didn't even get,so don't give out hope just yet.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

He said "totes adorbz"

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

S-Alpha posted:

Well, we got all of the BlazBlue magazine/blu-ray colors/stages/songs as DLC for the US version, something that the Japanese PSN didn't even get,so don't give out hope just yet.

DLC these days just gives me a headache. Buy our magazine and we'll let you access this portion of the game data! Shop at our store and WE'LL give you access to a DIFFERENT piece of game code, all included on the disc you already paid for! But you can't have both, this ain't a charity motherfucker

WilltheMagicAsian
Dec 11, 2011

There's also a P3 Aigis lobby avatar code in one of the magazines. She has a ribbon instead of a tie.

Margaret having a full screen AOA and a full screen sweep is kind of nuts. Although the AOA is always a cross up unless you're in the corner so it's not hard to block.

You can convert off an almost full screen sweep with 214 A+B which is kind of crazy too.

WilltheMagicAsian fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Sep 26, 2014

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

Not having to wait a million years for the European release is pretty neat. That said, I already preordered the American version on videogamesplus, gotta have them tarot cards and Teddie blow-up doll bop bag. :getin:

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Sep 26, 2014

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

WilltheMagicAsian posted:

There's also a P3 Aigis lobby avatar code in one of the magazines. She has a ribbon instead of a tie.

it's really a shame most people don't even know how important that ribbon/tie is to aigis, since her origin story First Mission was only released as a (japanese) mobile game.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
DLC pricing was posted on Atlus's website.

http://atlus.com/p4au/dlc/

$1.99 for most things. A few things are $2.99 or $5.99 for the full pack. The P4A story is $10. The "Navigation Set B" is $24.99.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

quote:

Makes powerful boss versions of the characters available to play as.

NOTE: Boss Characters are unavailable in certain modes.
NOTE: This content can be unlocked normally through gameplay.

so you can just buy Unlimited versions for every character now. neat

Excels fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Sep 26, 2014

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's every story from the first game.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mueXK7stvOg

There's the unboxing video

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Excels posted:

so you can just buy Unlimited versions for every character now. neat

You can also get them by beating that character's Arcade Mode.

Boss Yukiko is pretty nasty; throws three fans for every B, has Fire Boost 9 at the start of the match, and a rapidly regenerating Fire Break. That also means she gets an unblockable Radiant Phoenix right at the start.

Also Boss Yosuke can use Hurricane Meteor whenever.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

can i play as golden elizabeth

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Update on DLC pricing, the characters will be $4.99 each. Not $8.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/09/26/persona-4-arena-ultimax-dlc-prices-revealed-north-america/

This sort of shocks me since its ArcSys works. Here, also have a trailer for Margaret.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wh2jvb-q21g

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Sep 26, 2014

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I wouldn't be surprised if Atlus USA stuck their hand in on the pricing their given they are hellbent on the U.S. fans not being left behind Japanese ones in releases.

Forest Thief Pud
Dec 26, 2011

ApplesandOranges posted:

You can also get them by beating that character's Arcade Mode.

Boss Yukiko is pretty nasty; throws three fans for every B, has Fire Boost 9 at the start of the match, and a rapidly regenerating Fire Break. That also means she gets an unblockable Radiant Phoenix right at the start.

Also Boss Yosuke can use Hurricane Meteor whenever.

It has to be on Risky mode, thought that's not really a problem since the AI is pretty stupid and very beatable even on Risky. The problem with unlocking them legitimately is that it's a bit of a time sink, so I'd rather just pay the small money upfront rather than deal with trudging through arcade mode 20+ times.

Speaking of Boss Mode, Boss Maragret is unsurprisingly silly and dumb, with j.D during into a 3 way shot that murders, Hassou Tobi becoming an unblockable, and Mediarahan now full healing her and (probably) doing jack poo poo to the opponent's health on top of all the usual stuff.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I assume "unavailable in certain modes" means you can't bring them online?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

I assume "unavailable in certain modes" means you can't bring them online?
If it's anything like the unlimited modes in BlazBlue, you can't use them in ranked matches, but they can be used in player lobbies if they're specifically enabled. Sometimes people make 'unlimited rooms' for laughs, and you can use them against friends if that's your jam.

Forest Thief Pud
Dec 26, 2011
Yeah, that's pretty much the case, so long as the person making the player room has turned them on. The only other way to play as the boss characters is to do Versus mode.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Excels posted:

DLC these days just gives me a headache. Buy our magazine and we'll let you access this portion of the game data! Shop at our store and WE'LL give you access to a DIFFERENT piece of game code, all included on the disc you already paid for! But you can't have both, this ain't a charity motherfucker

DLC is loving bullshit. You know what would make me really excited about this game? If all the characters/songs/whatever were just part of the game. You know, making the best game they can instead of doling it out $3 dollars per track. I aint buying any DLC.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Endorph posted:

If it's anything like the unlimited modes in BlazBlue, you can't use them in ranked matches, but they can be used in player lobbies if they're specifically enabled. Sometimes people make 'unlimited rooms' for laughs, and you can use them against friends if that's your jam.

Perfect, that seems to be the best way to handle it.

Is there gonna be another SA tournament around release like for P4A? Someone put that together and streamed that, who was that? Because that was cool

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

The_Frag_Man posted:

DLC is loving bullshit. You know what would make me really excited about this game? If all the characters/songs/whatever were just part of the game. You know, making the best game they can instead of doling it out $3 dollars per track. I aint buying any DLC.

Marie and Adachi are free the first week (you can 'buy' them even if you don't have the game), so if you don't care about the songs, the only thing you're missing out on is Margaret. Everything else can be earned through the game.

I'd have liked it if everything was part of the game too, but as far as microtranscations go, P4U isn't really that bad compared to some other games out there. I'll probably be getting Margaret and a few of the navigators myself.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

ApplesandOranges posted:

Marie and Adachi are free the first week (you can 'buy' them even if you don't have the game), so if you don't care about the songs, the only thing you're missing out on is Margaret. Everything else can be earned through the game.

I'd have liked it if everything was part of the game too, but as far as microtranscations go, P4U isn't really that bad compared to some other games out there. I'll probably be getting Margaret and a few of the navigators myself.

I'll be getting Margaret and that's it. As much as I love the music, paying for past tracks just makes me sad. They would've been unlockable tracks in the days before DLC. :smith:

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Chaotic Flame posted:

I'll be getting Margaret and that's it. As much as I love the music, paying for past tracks just makes me sad. They would've been unlockable tracks in the days before DLC. :smith:

They have to make their money somewhere. Be thankful two of the characters are free, I wasn't even expecting to get that much.

Forest Thief Pud
Dec 26, 2011

Chaotic Flame posted:

No, the tracks just wouldn't have been in at all, because fighting games generally don't care too much about music tracks beyond having one for each character and/or stage and maybe some special unique match-up themes in some games.

You still get a decent amount of tracks to choose from the get go anyways, and there's a good amount of stuff that they didn't have to put in there in the first place(Shin Mitsuo Tensei, Game, some of after school tracks from P3, post-battle victory music, the FREE DLC tracks they do offer, ect.)

Forest Thief Pud fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Sep 27, 2014

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Excels posted:

They have to make their money somewhere. Be thankful two of the characters are free, I wasn't even expecting to get that much.

They'd likely make money just fine. They're already selling what's essentially a (heavily) updated port of the original P4A for full-game price, as well as charging $10 for a story mode they already made money on. People give Capcom poo poo for their updates, but Super Street Fighter IV was only $40, and later updates were $40 for the whole disc and only $15 for a digital update. Though SF is more popular so they may have more leeway, I'm not sure. Either way it's a high price for something like this.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Please, buy Persona 4 Arena Ultimax

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAIi_sGtoe0

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The OP has been updated with writeups for all of the console characters now (Rise, Kenomaru, Adachi, Marie, and Margaret), I am also adding combo videos in the second post soon so keep a look out for it,.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
OP is fully updated, that's it.

It's over... forever, the game comes out tomorrow I hope everyone enjoys.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Hey you may want to add some things like how Europe is getting the game in November.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/09/26/europes-persona-4-arena-ultimax-fan-edition-tarot-cards-t-shirt/

Also they tweaked Score Attack a bit in Ultimax. First five matches no longer have superpowered/boss characters from what I've seen. Second half does, but not the first half. If you want, I can give you a list of every character's boss form gimmick.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Those are lower difficulties. If you play Score Attack on Hard or Risky every enemy is in boss mode; I should know as I fought a boss mode Labrys on Hard difficulty as the first fight and I wanted to die after she killed Minazuki in 1 Super.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Oh yeah, forgot to mention: There is no online lobby/arcade feature in the 360 version of Ultimax, according to Atlus USA's website.

http://www.atlus.com/p4au/mode/lobby.html (read the text below the third bullet point)

• Locked thread