Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
foetus66
Sep 6, 2003

splat happy.
I've had my kitten, Hector, for almost a month -- he was 12 weeks when we got him, which makes him almost 4 months old now. As of tonight there has been a large black cat named Gabriel (she has a collar) who has been yowling in circles around our ground floor apartment for about ten hours now. Hector, who always tries to escape, has gained a next-level fervor for getting outside that now requires what can only be described as "a process" for me to leave or enter the apartment, or really even open the door at all. He has escaped twice in that time, both of which consisted of Hector and Gabriel running down the street together, with me running after them in my socks and underwear trying desperately to catch him, and the two of them appearing very stoked to be together. Normally when he gets out I just walk over to him and pick him up. He is absolutely mad right now running back and forth between the windows as she runs back and forth between the same windows outside. She's definitely older -- I hesitate to call her a cougar though because she's black so let's just say puma. Either way, since she showed up he has been transfixed on getting outside. He bangs on the screen door like that one scene in The Graduate as she wails outside. He is not yet neutered and I have no idea how to tell if she is fixed, though if I did, it'd be an easy task because she is very sweet and affectionate. Rolls right on her back for belly rubs after about 5 seconds of petting. I dunno if that even matters though, but anyway I have some questions.

1. Is it possible she just smells him in here and is drawn to our apartment as a result of his raw manliness?

2. I have closed all the windows so they can't communicate verbally anymore. Is this cruel? I only ask because it sure feels like it.

3. Can I expect him to pay for the damages caused to all the plants he has knocked out of every window?

Really though, if anyone has any thoughts/advice/comments/anything thanks for weighing in.. because it's 5:30am and I think the neighbors are pretty annoyed.

foetus66 fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Aug 26, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006
Same story, different version.

I really doubt she is fixed, her behavior sounds just like a horny lady cat.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Sounds like they want to get frisky. I'd recommend getting him neutered at the earliest opportunity. Also, maybe tie a small note to Gabriel's collar asking if she's fixed, and briefly explaining the situation.

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006
Same story, different version.

To Whom It May Concern;

Your cat is a slut.

Sincerely,
CatDad Of An Impressionable Horny Young DudeCat

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Suspect Bucket posted:

Sounds like they want to get frisky. I'd recommend getting him neutered at the earliest opportunity. Also, maybe tie a small note to Gabriel's collar asking if she's fixed, and briefly explaining the situation.
And then a cutesy note comes back in the cat's collar, and a romance blossoms between the OP and the other cat's owner. Starring Meg Ryan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Slugworth posted:

And then a cutesy note comes back in the cat's collar, and a romance blossoms between the OP and the other cat's owner. Starring Meg Ryan.

What IS Meg Ryan up to nowadays? Aging gracefully I hope.

Wikipedia says she's alive and acting, that's nice.

• Locked thread