Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Gutcruncher posted:

But what did they claim? Just a simple "Late fees done exist, lol jk" or was it shitloads of fine prints that said 'by the way thats a lie, idiots'

Gypsum is right, I heard it get called something else but it was like $1.25 or something to let you get away with keeping the movie for three weeks instead of just one

you were still boned to the tune of the cost of the movie if you kept it for long enough though, like say two months or more

(i worked there for six years and helped it get turned into a family video)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Lamebot posted:

anyone get to go into the secret swank room in the back where you can play all the games? it was totally real

swank my rear end, it had a single bathroom right next to the candy storeroom and our customers were too retarded to use it properly so it was employee-only

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

is it true its super easy to shoplift in a blockbuster

let me put it like this: there was a pretty serious blind spot where we couldn't see jack poo poo from the registers because all the movie shelves were in the way for the entire six years I worked there. when I brought up the idea of a mirror like you might see in a Walgreens or something the manager shrugged and said it would cost too much, conveniently ignoring the cost of every few weeks getting several movies stolen in the oh-so-surprising locations hidden from view

god, and now I remember how when we got the scare talk from the district manager we were told we were in the top 5% worst performing stores lol

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Wait wouldn't it have made more sense to just put empty cases on the shelf and then have like a thing of library-type shelving that holds the actual stock? Then you could put that behind the counter.

we did that for games, I don't think there would have been room for the second big metal drawer at our counter plus that would add like 20-30 seconds to the transaction for every customer

• Locked thread