Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
The same reason you can still Passage of Golubria as a Formicid; it doesn't block inter-dimensional movement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Running a KoNe with 14 Air, 15 Evo, 13 Staves and 12 Short Blades, is a lajatang of elec worth replacing either a quick blade of elec or a staff of air?

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Putting a permanent teleport trap inside a runed vault is very uncool. Just encountered a huge vault in Depths:3 with a single runed entrance yet all the big threats inside managed to get outside...? (The vault had windows so I could tell there was a deep elf high priest and a golden/iron dragon inside.)

Can Of Worms fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Jan 29, 2015

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

apple posted:

I know how to code, but I'm

lazy

Without having looked at the code, if you could somehow replace Hells with whatever's used for sprint map generation it doesn't sound too bad to implement the "hellsprint" idea.

Just have the gates bring you directly to the 7th floor; that's probably straightforward.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Be prepared to take off that ring with Fire in case frost giants or other ice-elemental threats appear. If you want a noisy tactic, let the guards close in on you a bit, read immolation, kill one and watch the sparks (and chunks) fly :haw: (note that you'll want the rF+++ if you do this.) Dropping some Bros in will help as well, although do this *after* the immolation tactic if you use that. Make sure you have a way to kill vault wardens, especially if they appear and your LOS is blocked (pick up a wand of cold/fire/draining if there are any around.)

Drop those potions of brilliance by the way, you're following Trog; you don't need no fancy drinks that make you smarter.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

I was playing a FoAK and entered Elf:3 wearing MR+ scale mail, at which point I realized I didn't actually need anti-banishment equipment. :downs: In the end, the most dangerous thing in Elf was a dire flail of holy wrath and a glaive of freezing tag teaming me (and infinite MR means I couldn't banish them :saddowns:)

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Haste, Repel Missiles, Apportation, Animate Dead, Blink, Swiftness, Summon Butterflies are all solid spells to pick up and easy to learn (aside from Haste.)

Edit: Animate Skeleton, not Animate Dead. Animate Dead is also good but 3 levels higher than Animate Skeleton.

Can Of Worms fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Feb 4, 2015

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

code:
Sonja, Nessos and a skeleton come into view.
Nessos shouts! Sonja shouts!
Nessos gestures wildly while chanting.
Nessos seems to speed up.
Josephine, a zombie and a skeleton come into view.
drat, Crawl. Almost got banished too.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Geez, are centaurs supposed to be able to use wands of lightning? Ran into one that took out half my health in one shot (and of course the fucker exhausted all its charges :argh:)

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Fizbin posted:

How long do most gifting gods take? Sif seems to start giving books after about 4-6 floors worth of experience. I suppose it would be a lot slower for hybrids though.
Sif only starts gifting at 6*. For comparison, Trog and Okawaru both start giving ammo at 3*, Vehumet starts at 1* (although of course his early gifts are not great compared to his later ones), Yredelemnul starts gifting undead at 3* and Nemelex can gift decks as early as 0*.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

My Formicid cleared Lair, Orc and Dungeon and still hasn't found a single shield. not even a buckler. :negative:

LogicNinja posted:

...how much effect does INT+9 have on spellpower compared to an enhancer (Archmagi)?

Learndb says:
code:
(Spellcasting/2 + 2*avg school skill) * INT/10 * (1.5 ^ enhancer count).
Now halve the part over 50, halve the part over 100, halve the part over 150, and plain cap at 200.

Can Of Worms fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Feb 10, 2015

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

No, I banished him and then corrupted the vaults. :v:

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Hmmmmnope.
code:
The -11 chain mail of Subjectivity {rN++ MR+ Str+3 Slay-4}
On the other hand, I picked up Dark Maul. I've been training Maces. I have Spectral Weapon castable. :getin:

Edit:
code:
_Donald hits you but does no damage. You are electrocuted!
_You block Donald's attack.
You flatten Donald like a pancake!!!
Donald is almost dead.
Your spectral weapon hits Donald!
You kill Donald!
Edit2:
code:
_You draw out your weapon's spirit!
You hammer the fire dragon like a gong!!!!
You kill the fire dragon!
_Lugonu accepts your kill.
You crush the two-headed ogre like a grape!!!!
You kill the two-headed ogre!
The two-headed ogre hits you with a giant club!
_The two-headed ogre hits you but does no damage.
You completely miss the two-headed ogre.
Your spectral weapon hits the two-headed ogre!!!
You kill the two-headed ogre!
Lugonu accepts your kill.
You crush the ogre like a grape!!!!
You kill the ogre!
_The hill giant closely misses you.
You beat the hill giant like a drum!!!!
You kill the hill giant!
_The mottled dragon misses you. You block the mottled dragon's attack.
You closely miss the mottled dragon.
Your spectral weapon hits the mottled dragon!!!
You kill the mottled dragon!
You bludgeon the ogre mage!!
The ogre mage is severely wounded.
Your spectral weapon hits the ogre mage!!!
You kill the ogre mage!
:stonklol:

Can Of Worms fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Feb 13, 2015

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

My formicid stumbled on a Vehumet vault with randart robes...
code:
the -4 robe of Shadows and Fog {MR- rCorr Int+4}
-1 robe of Complete Protection {-Cast rElec rC+ Str-5 Int+6}
-4 robe of Feasting {rElec rC- MR+ rCorr}
They were also all cursed.

Edit: Gambled against Frederick and died, rip.

Can Of Worms fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Feb 13, 2015

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Good job, necromancer dude.
code:
 The necromancer gestures at the troll simulacrum while chanting.
_The troll simulacrum is filled with an inner flame.
You impale the troll simulacrum!!
The troll simulacrum explodes!
You hear a sizzling sound!
The fiery explosion engulfs you!
You hear an explosion! You hear a sizzling sound!
The fiery explosion engulfs the necromancer.
The necromancer dies!
The fiery explosion engulfs the naga simulacrum.
The naga simulacrum melts!
The naga simulacrum vapourises!
_You are engulfed in roaring flames.
The troll simulacrum is engulfed in roaring flames.
_The troll simulacrum vapourises!
The ogre simulacrum is engulfed in roaring flames.
_The ogre simulacrum vapourises!
The naga simulacrum is engulfed in roaring flames.
_The naga simulacrum vapourises!

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Victory number 3! :toot:
code:
 Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup version 0.16-a0-4013-gd591273 (webtiles) character file.

1402087 wormsofcan the Shatterer (level 27, 252/256 HPs)
             Began as a Formicid Abyssal Knight on Feb 13, 2015.
             Was the Champion of Lugonu.
             Escaped with the Orb
             ... and 3 runes on Feb 17, 2015!

The game lasted 08:54:32 (102783 turns).
Lugonu is great. Bend Space and Enter the Abyss almost make up for no access to blink and teleport while Banish and Corrupt make grabbing the Slime rune a cinch.

This run went particularly well by giving me 3 weapons to handle a wide variety of situations: a great mace for general battles, an antimagic eveningstar for lichs and orb of fires and a demon whip of distortion for escapes. Highlights include finding a heal wounds wand in the abyss, forgetting to pack resist mutation for the Abyss and gaining... Robust and Brown Scales from a neqoxec as a result:haw: and finding a rF+ ring... then an artifact rF+ MR+ ring... then another artifact rF+ rN+++ MR+ Dex+4 ring. I found 3 great rods, but ultimately didn't really use them that much. I might have blasted some enemies that were a bit over the curve for me with inaccuracy and shotgunned some orcs with scattershot but that was about it. I think I ignited a group of guards in Vaults once and that was the extent of ignition.

Sadly I can never take back my previous FoAK splat and win a spectral Dark Maul formicid... :negative:

Mr. Lobe posted:

Found a phial of floods in a general store that was inert, while I had an inert phial of floods in my inventory. Now, they both go inert at the same time after recharging. I'm guessing this one's a bug.

No, that one's intentional. Devs thought multiple evokers was more on the no-brainer side so now there's no point carrying multiples; they all empty simultaneously.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Playing an FeBe makes me appreciate how useful wands of random effects are as a substitute for throwing rocks and grabbing an monster's attention. Sure, occasionally I might accidentally haste or polymorph the enemy and make them more dangerous but that's why I stay on the edge of LOS!

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Benly posted:

even a crimson imp, probably the least useful imp, is still better than a rat or bat and more durable than a quokka.
Until it blinks away from the battle :v:

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

On a more serious note, there is an actual small margin than makes Call Imp worse than Small Mammal, and that is that they are evil/necromantic. Good gods (including TSO, who supports summoning based gameplay) forbid the spell and Fedhas makes black imps hostile. Not sure how Dith interacts with crimson imps.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

IronicDongz posted:

That's rad though. Just burn a consumable or two to kill it and get an early FDA hide maybe.
Polymorphed monsters revert to their original form on death so you can't get hides this way, sadly.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Brannock posted:

CanOfWorms is doing a great job already with those three new tiles.
Get excited for a new bone dragon soon???

and I'll probably mess around with the other dragons when I have the time.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Internet Kraken posted:

Most of the other dragon tiles look really good though. Only ones I think need to be changed are iron dragons and golden dragons. They have dumb dopey heads.
Golden, Iron and Pearl dragons are the ones specifically on the tiling block. I agree that the other ones are good for now but I do have an idea to improve them slightly. That can be put off for later though.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Some draconian doll drafts, if anyone wants to chime in their thoughts! The little mouth things are some ideas I'm playing around with; they might not stick around for the final version.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

The wings are separate files (draconians are glued together from various pieces currently) and these still aren't finalized/pushed yet so you'll have to live with draghoagians for a while longer.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Crawl 0.16: FoCK^Ru

Colour posted:

If anyone want's to join my team for bad players (I won twice last tournament), I'll be starting team You Go Zig, I'll Gozag
1. Colour (switch971)

Sure, I'm game. (wormsofcan)

Can Of Worms fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Mar 6, 2015

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Wow, my orc wizard took on a tormentor by himself* and killed it. Go Grimold!

*May have had help from some dragon skeletons.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

This is disgusting, I found 3 scrolls of acquirement in the Slime:6 loot, and then I found
code:
the ring of Life {SustAb Str-1 Slay+6}
to replace
code:
the ring of Poeshi {Ice rPois Slay+5}
solving my rF vs slaying problem. Absolutely disgusting.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

New iron and pearl dragons are in! :toot: Although the iron dragon reminds me of something...

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Ferrinus posted:

My thinking was: since what am I playing an AK for if not wielding a distortion weapon safely, and since distortion has a flat effect rather than scaling with the damage you do, and since I'm a formicid, I want the fastest two-handed weapon possible, which is (I believe) a dire flail.

I have, right now, an unenchanted dire flail that I could just ask Lugonu to bless, a +3 vampiric eveningstar, an unenchanted great mace that I could instead get blessed, and the +10 vampiric flail I'm using at the moment.
Two enchant scrolls is enough to make the eveningstar better than the flail (although you can keep enchanting it of course.) For distortion, from my experience there are really 2 reasons to use it: The instakill from the banish proc, or the ability to blink/tele enemies away. In either case you just want the effects to proc so you might want to consider a demon whip despite the one-handedness. The extra damage is nice but there's a ~35% chance that banish/blink/tele procs which makes it less meaningful in the long run.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

kaschei posted:

Distortion is no reason for a Formicid to use a one-handed weapon. The reliable damage from using a great mace over a demon whip is worth way more than increasing the frequency of distortion procs.
Yes, but in that case I think you're better off using a great mace of freezing/crushing or possibly even a unbranded well-enchanted great mace if you don't have access to brands. I don't think distortion is a good brand to rely on for damage since a few effects just get rid of your target.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

You always get one of Snake and Spider, so Ignite Poison will always ruin at least one Lair branch.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Mid-december of last year, according to the commits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

I Love You! posted:

Edit: Clearing literally every branch without finding a single source of Haste is loving infuriating, did they cut that spell from .16 or something?
Haste only appears in one book now (Enchantments). The other book that had it, Wizardry, was removed.

• Locked thread