Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Snuggles
Dec 3, 2012

Tbh some of us (Pick) use this website more than others and I feel that I am unfairly subsidizing picks posting. Unless some kind of fee by post usage is enabled were basically instituting a forced welfare state of posting.
Give them to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Claim to have ASMR because you get a tingle feeling when you get a hair cut

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

got any sunglasses?

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
Wear a fedora ironically and make sure to explain that it's ironic

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

do you have a letterman jacket OP?

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

OP do you have a flat brim hat? one of those ones you buy at the mall?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
only call women ladies at all time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

always LEAVE UR DOOR OPEN op and play mario kart all the time!

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT MY AP WIRE PHOTOS
remember to peacock

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
have u read the game, because u should OP

Stormfang1502
Jan 26, 2003

The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he's on.
Sell weed at cost.

Or set up a glory hole.

Maybe combine the two.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I hear cool dudes eat watermelon with mustard

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

smook

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
listen to miley cyrus

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009

Stormfang1502 posted:

Sell weed at cost.

Or set up a glory hole.

Maybe combine the two.

sir that's called a trap house

you put money through a hole in the door/window and weed comes out

if you're lucky it'll be a dick to suck hth

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

one easy-to-remember tip: your opinion on everything is that it's terrible. liking stuff is for suckers.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
drink/do drugs

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT MY AP WIRE PHOTOS
be a homeless guy who buys alcohol for minors

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

go to 7/11 and buy some scratch offs and stand there and scratch them off and then buy more and do it again and again for like hours and you'll meet lots of people!!!

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Style your hair in a cool style, say the sort of things a cool guy would say, when you are near a wall, casually lean against it.

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!
Do you have any Dragon Ball Z shirts? People who like Goku are cool. :unsmith:

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

punctuate every sentence with "bro," "brah" or "dude"

Dr. Snuggles
Dec 3, 2012

Tbh some of us (Pick) use this website more than others and I feel that I am unfairly subsidizing picks posting. Unless some kind of fee by post usage is enabled were basically instituting a forced welfare state of posting.
Jesus all of your guys advice sucks. Its pretty clear none of you are even remotely cool, or guys.

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
listen to cool music, drive a cool car, and be nice to the ladies and ask how they're doing and stuff. i know a cool guy, it works for him.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
keep posting in gbs, you're already cool OP

5-HT
Oct 17, 2012

get into underground music scenes, make some friends there, get laid, stop giving a poo poo about what other people think. hth.

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

having an anime avatar would help, op

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!

Aferisan posted:

Jesus all of your guys advice sucks. Its pretty clear none of you are even remotely cool, or guys.
That's so not cool, bro.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
do deadlifts

Kombotron
Aug 11, 2011

Aferisan posted:

Give them to me.

be not fraid of anything

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Smoke weed.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
Be gay

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
Have you always wanted to be the cool guy, who always seems to do the right thing? Or are you yearning to be the cool girl, who flows through life with ease and grace? If you think about all the people who you think of as cool, you'll find that they have several characteristics in common: they're all confident, unique, and generally on friendly terms with everyone; there's no reason you can't be like that yourself. There is really no true universal definition on how to be cool, but here are some guidelines to get you started.

1 Don’t just think about it — do it. It’s all very well to read books and blogs about self-improvement, but you have to actually get out there and apply the theories that resonate with you. Do it! It’s scary but so, so invigorating. Who knows who you’ll meet and what they might be able to offer you? (Fun, intellectual stimulation, a pony ride, a job…)
Be a person of action, not a person of ideas.
Of course, thinking things through before jumping the gun is a great trait. But thinking things through and then not doing anything won't get you anywhere.

2 Don't be needy. Remember cool people are not needy or desperate, unwaveringly. Instead, try to solve problems yourself whenever you can. If you are not needy, people will want to help you or will ask for your help. This quality attracts people. Neediness is a big turn off unless you're really in a tight spot. This doesn't mean you should act invincible; just don't beg people for help, act like you can't be alone, or expect others to fix your problems.
Friendships are great, but don't act like you'll die if you have to spend a Friday night alone. Getting some alone time is great, too.
If someone hasn't called you back, lay off. There's no need to follow up with annoying text messages. Give people their space and they'll respect you more.

3 Be yourself. It will be something that other people will look up to. You are unique, and you don't need to join a clique. Make your own friendships. Being cool is being yourself in an outgoing way, even if you are quiet but not sullen and passive aggressive. Don't try to be like anyone else by copying someone else's moves or act, although trying out those acts is fine but if you do that on a regular basis, its going to come out as fake because its not a part of your personality and you are trying to be something you are not. Live life for who you are. Don't lose sight of yourself or your morals. Being cool isn't about changing who you are, its about being confident enough to let people see how awesome you really are.
If you don't let people see the real you, then what's the point? Being able to be yourself and to have people appreciate you is the coolest thing of all.
Own your personality. Your bad habits, your good things, your looks, your voice.....anything which belongs to you. Own it and don't apologize for what you belong to you to anyone even if it is bad or you don't like it about your self. Remember we are all humans and we try accept each other despite all the flaws and qualities we have, why not accept yourself as you are the most important person to you in the world.
Write a list of all the goals you are aiming for. What essentially makes you cool is your identity. Try to find your talent - sports, music, art, whatever. People will notice your passion and respect you for it. You can also learn new skills and meet new people by trying new things.

4 Practice self-disclosure. The more you disclose yourself the better you understand yourself. Self-disclosure is both the conscious and subconscious act of revealing more about oneself to others. This may include, but is not limited to, thoughts,feelings, aspirations, goals, failures, successes, fears, dreams as well as one's likes, dislikes, and favorites.
Self-disclosure happens slowly. Don't tell the first person you meet at a party all about your personal life or things will quickly go south.

5 Be friendly, but not excessively eager. Everyone loves someone who is outgoing, but nobody likes someone who is overly excited. Many people find someone who is overeager to be annoying. Try not to force yourself on people. Smile and strike up a conversation, but make sure you know the line between friendly and obsessive. When you meet a new person, take it easy, even if you think you're friend soul mates.
If you're too eager to hang out with a new person, then it might look like you don't have any other friends.

6 Be a good conversationalist. Everyone loves someone who knows what to say at the right moment. Don't dominate the conversation. You don't need to share a similar story at every setting. Just listen and comment briefly on the other person's story. Most of the time, it is much better to be sort of quiet and analyze the conversation, enjoying the humor of your friends and being a good listener.
Be a good listener. Remember the golden rule; Always try to make the other person feel important and do it sincerely and genuinely. when you listen to people it not only makes them feel important but also helps to become a good listener and improves your focus.
Most people want to talk about themselves. If you keep the conversation concentrated on others, then people will love to talk to you. Then wait for the right moment to make a comment, usually to great result. However, if you come up into the middle of a quiet group of people, it is better to take a Tony Stark approach.
Be playful! Joke around with them. Making fun of people is fine, but make sure that you know the limits on it and that the people you're around are the kind of people who know you're kidding.
You can give someone a friendly compliment, but don't gush to the person about how amazing he or she is for half an hour.

7 Refrain from using too many colloquialisms. This may make you appear as "fake" or unable to grasp your respected language. Speak normally, clearly and confidently and if you feel it is necessary adopt a more formal register and use polysyllabic words. However do not go overboard as this may make you appear pretentious, this being just as bad as seeming fake.
Finding the right balance in your speech is important to making you seem intelligent and somewhat sophisticated in the presence of your peers.

8 Use humor. Cool people always use humor and ease in any situation. They don't get annoyed and angry, and no matter how many bad things happen to them, they don't take it too harshly; they make jokes about it. They have excellent emotional awareness and they don't let bad emotion affect them, they have awesome emotional control and understanding.
Learn how to laugh at yourself. Being cool doesn't mean being perfect, and being able to find humor in your moments of clumsiness and discomfort is the defining hallmark of being cool. People will not only respect you for it, but they'll like you for being human, just like them.
You can be cool and you can be too cool. People who are too cool take themselves too seriously to laugh at a goofy, obviously silly but funny joke. Don't be that person.

9 Speak up. Observe people who are "cool"; they usually speak confidently and clearly, at a good pace. They don't chatter rapidly, pause, say uh, um..., or mumble. They say what they mean, and mean what they say. Be confident in your word and don't let anyone try to change it. If you state your opinion and people disagree, don't worry.
You said what you felt and people will respect you for that, unless you say it knowing it will offend someone. However, make it count. Don't shout out your opinion just to be heard. Make sure it's relevant, and be ready to back it up soundly.

10 Keep your "cool". The very definition of cool is being calm, composed, under control, not excited, indifferent, and socially adept. Many times, cool people are those that don't get excited about things, that don't always have to talk, unless they have something cool to say. Learn how to deal with people. Don't get angry or frustrated. Being cool is natural. It's easy to do. Be confident.
Often times, the people who strive the hardest for coolness are sabotaging themselves by trying too hard. People like people who don't try, but are still successful. How does that work? One of the secrets of being cool is that, when one is just between trying and not trying at all, things just fall into place.
Take a deep breath. Being cool is all about being relaxed and comfortable in any circumstance. Don't lose your cool. If you feel yourself about to lose your temper, or burst into tears, or lose control in any way, take a deep breath and excuse yourself. Stay calm.

11 Don't use bad behavior to get attention. There are many people who take up smoking, drinking, bullying, and other bad habits. Most often, this comes from negative reinforcement. After doing something bad, a person may be "rewarded" with attention. "I can't believe he did that!", people will say. It is easy to misinterpret attention as popularity, even if it's for doing something wrong. If you want to be cool, you need to know your limits.
You should never substitute negative attention for really being cool. Most of the time, the people who have bragging competitions about law-breaking and bonging beer do not fit into the category of cool. If a group of people doesn't like you for who you are and the lifestyle you've chosen, move on.
Don't do drugs.:siren: Real cool people know how to be cool without the influence of drugs and alcohol.
Don't smoke- it won't make you cool- it will make you smell bad. Other smokers won't notice the bad smell because they smell the same way. When you smoke you will most likely hang out with other smokers, and this limits your selection of boyfriends and girlfriends because most non-smokers hate the smell of smoke and won't want to be around you. Don't judge smokers- just don't take up a habit you will eventually pay someone to help you quit.
Never argue. When you're cool, arguing is always canceled. You realize winning an argument is pointless. When you know you're right you just know it. You don't need to waste time, effort and energy by attempting to persuade someone who hasn't seen the things you have seen.

Tips for gooons!
  • Be respectful of others. Do not be argumentative and overbearing if you feel others are wrong. Everyone is entitled to his/her viewpoints no matter how varied they are.

• Change your attitude - if you have a negative attitude change it. Cool people always have a positive attitude. No one likes a negative person. When people get to know you and see that you always have a positive look on things even when things are not going your way, they will enjoy your company.

• Being vain to the extent of narcissism is not cool. But on the other hand, personal magnetism often uses humility and acceptance/agreement, appreciation, of mutual enthusiasm or joy over: a genre of music, a like belief (like a faith), self-denial and charismatic leadership.

• If being picked on is your worry, know and understand that showing yourself affected by it is precisely what separates the coolest from the others, and take this as a chance to actually be perceived as cool. Know that who you are in your core is not determined by others, especially if they don´t truly know you. Be happy with yourself as you are, since there is nothing really wrong with you in your core.

• Don't just wait for someone to ask you to hang out. They're waiting for you. Invite them over. And be prepared. Don't have them come over and you can't find anything to do. It's a real turn off for your friend, and they won't want to come back again.

• Remember to be calm and collected. This means don't get over excited, don't be annoyingly loud and don't be clingy.

• Don't be shy. But also don't be a loud mouth. Act chill and be yourself. Be social. Go out have some fun and meet new people.

• Learn to read people and be patient when sharing an opinion. Understand that whatever you say to someone or give advice, that is just your opinion. They either accept it or reject it, there's no need to force them to understand. Just make sure you know what you're talking about.

• Don't base your coolness on making others seem uncool. You'll make more enemies than friends that way. People aren't going to worship someone who bosses or beats them around all the time. They'll be scared maybe, but they won't respect you.

• Always stick up for people, and don't bully others, because to be cool means to be liked by everyone, including those who are not as socially high-ranking as yourself.

• Some people are not the people that would be a good influence on you. You can "be cool" without being a part of the most popular group.

• Get out there. Do stuff. Be active. Join a club. Do something. The more you get out there instead of hanging around at home, the more you can socialize with people, and have fun.
    Find a way to love learning. The coolest people do a lot of really cool things.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Aug 28, 2014

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp
my friend once told me... 'the secret to being cool is doing everything slowly.'

he was right

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
stay in school

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

literally all of the above

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Kyrie eleison posted:

my friend once told me... 'the secret to being cool is doing everything slowly.'

he was right

Very true when you pull your dick out

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax
Don't like things that a significant amount of other people like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stormfang1502
Jan 26, 2003

The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he's on.

Kyrie eleison posted:

he was right

Ahh...the McCounehey Theory.

• Locked thread