Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/475384/miyamoto-explains-nintendos-renewed-passion-for-the-core/

Really like what miyamoto is saying here. people have blamed nintendo for its casualness for a while now, but they forgot my man miyamoto was still around: the original game maker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Shigeru Miyamoto is quote, "Juggling Two Big Balls".

Zombie Squared
Feb 16, 2007

A CEO after my own heart.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
he ruined paper Mario he has yet to redeem himself in my eyes and in the eyes of millions.

Dec 26, 2012

"[These are] the sort of people who, for example, might want to watch a movie. They might want to go to Disneyland," he said.

"Their attitude is, 'okay, I am the customer. You are supposed to entertain me.' It's kind of a passive attitude they're taking, and to me it's kind of a pathetic thing. They do not know how interesting it is if you move one step further and try to challenge yourself [with more advanced games]."

hes right

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
guy invented mario. guy rocks.
gently caress i need a wiiu

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
T reap's right for once. What has Miyamoto done lately besides poo poo up Paper Mario

also I'm pretty sure RENEWED PASSION FOR THE CORE is actually just "oops it turns out that people who only wanted wii sports aren't going to buy another console"

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

checks sales, sees that only 30 year olds buy nintendo out of desperation to have something in common with their kids during saturday visitation.

steps to microphone

"please honor nintendo-san with much purchasing of adult content rated T for teenageru"

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

you'll notice if you read closely that casual gamers means story gamers.

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

DoubleDonut posted:

T reap's right for once. What has Miyamoto done lately besides poo poo up Paper Mario

pikmin 3

Dec 26, 2012

Famous TV Dad posted:

Soral
May 30, 2009

DoubleDonut posted:

also I'm pretty sure RENEWED PASSION FOR THE CORE is actually just "oops it turns out that people who only wanted wii sports aren't going to buy another console"

actually, t reap has literally never made a correct, good, interesting, right, entertaining, or otherwise worthwhile post in the entire history of his posting in the imp zone. i can see how you would be confused, but youre wrong for agreeing with him. nintendo is good and miyamoto is good & also reggie and iwata and occasionally sakurai and all the rest

but not sakamoto

Dec 26, 2012

never sakamoto

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
has Sakamoto ever done anything right on his own or has it all been riding Gunpei Yokoi's corpse's coattails

Zombie Squared
Feb 16, 2007

Soral posted:

actually, t reap has literally never made a correct, good, interesting, right, entertaining, or otherwise worthwhile post in the entire history of his posting in the imp zone. i can see how you would be confused, but youre wrong for agreeing with him. nintendo is good and miyamoto is good & also reggie and iwata and occasionally sakurai and all the rest

but not sakamoto

Would you rather support T.Reap or Sakamoto??

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Nintendo is for babbies and the Xbox One is very large

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

but video games are supposed to entertain you

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Endorph posted:

if you want passive entertainment read a loving book you casual

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Zombie Squared posted:

Would you rather support T.Reap or Sakamoto??

what if T. Reap....is Sakamoto?!

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

read one of the rich super mario bros cyoa books

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

LaTex Fetish posted:

if you want passive entertainment read a loving book you casual

i don't even get what passive vs active means, it's not like im leaning forward in my seat actively engaged in mario 35353

i lean back and relax and hit the jump button

Zombie Squared
Feb 16, 2007

The Sharmat posted:

what if T. Reap....is Sakamoto?!

Please... Don't funk with my heart...

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Look guys entertainment much like fun is a word with no meaning and

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Famous TV Dad posted:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also story games own

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
i want to maybe watch a movie or go to disneyland but not in games

is that what he means or does he just hate people who maybe watch a movie at the theater or go see their fav princess at disney because uh

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Isn't Nintendoland just a virtual disneyland anyway

mixed messages miyamoto

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Endorph posted:

Isn't Nintendoland just a virtual disneyland anyway

mixed messages miyamoto

actually, mom, it's a game, for gamers

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Soral posted:

but not sakamoto

if you think Paper Mario Sticker Star was anyhing but a goddamn disappointment you're wrong

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

DoubleDonut posted:

if you think Paper Mario Sticker Star was anyhing but a goddamn disappointment you're wrong

its cool

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i played sticker star and enjoyed the experiment in being an item based jrpg and also i now love wiggler

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

Endorph posted:

i don't even get what passive vs active means, it's not like im leaning forward in my seat actively engaged in mario 35353

i lean back and relax and hit the jump button

if you don't understand the difference between holding down the LS while a dude talks to you for 15 minutes in Last of Us vs navigating a complex obstacle course in mario then you are already lost.

Soral
May 30, 2009

DoubleDonut posted:

i understand you might be disappointed in a video game but that doesn't mean you should say things you might later regret, such as "i agree with taint reaper"

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Famous TV Dad posted:

if you don't understand the difference between holding down the LS while a dude talks to you for 15 minutes in Last of Us vs navigating a complex obstacle course in mario then you are already lost.
they're both challenging to get through

Soral
May 30, 2009

Endorph posted:

lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Endorph posted:

lol