Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

jsr v2.0 posted:

This game is so fuckin rad.

But does anyone have any advice on how to handle Latch? Once he grabs the ball with his hold, he just spits it straight forward and it moves way too fast for me to actually bunt/hit back. Is there some sort of trick to this? I figure Raptor or the Robot could probably hang on a wall, but I play mostly Candyman, and I just get wrecked by it.

In 1v1 Matchmaking, my last 7 games have been against Latch. Goddamn Gators, ruinin everything.

Latch cannot parry when using his little ball spitting dealy, so if you just stand right in his face and swing at the right moment, he has no counter aside from hoping that it takes long enough for for him to regain control. He spits the ball out when the bars on the bottom of the screen charge all the way, and is stuck for around half a second or so.

Be aware that he can also spit it in a few other directions, and he can also bunt it from instead of shooting it, which is also pretty easy to punish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread