Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
Correction!

Raptor's special can re-aim the ball in any direction, including behind your original swing! Very tricky, and very good for cheaping out the shadow match in Raptor's challenge mode.

That's something else you should mention, to maybe interest people who think the multiplayer is dead. There's a single-player challenge mode that plays a lot like Smash Bros. Classic mode (that is, round 1 of you vs. Raptor, round 2 of you vs. Switch, Round three of you and Switch vs. Raptor and Sonata, etc.) hidden away under "Extra" in the menu. There's even a unique boss at the end! (It kicked my butt.) The difficulty is pretty much like facing the CPU opponent in the flash prototype, so really hard with bouts of dumb luck carrying you through.

I don't know if you knew, since you said you cut down the gameplay section a bit, but something I think new players might like to know is that a neutral swing (even in mid-air) can be charged to give more speed to the ball on hit, without adding 1 for a normal swing or doubling for the smash hit. Just let go of the arrows and hold down the button.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
With regards to the boss, it's more that it was my first time facing him, I had no continues left, and he kept using his special without having a full bar, the cheat. Caught me off guard too many times. I haven't gotten back to him yet.

And fair enough on the swing overload.

Average Bear posted:

Wait doesn't Super Smash Bros. have pong in it now?

Color TV Game 15, actually. Yes, it has pong, this is a different pong though.

• Locked thread