Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
eviews

I played a few hours of the alpha/beta and it was a shooter and sometimes i found a new gun that did exactly what my old gun did only a little better. Playable but boring as heck. Why is this a gaming event?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
its halo borderlands and gamers are retarded

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

cool avatar

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

i played the beta and i liked how it felt like halo but with loot. it was like borderlands if borderlands wasnt bad. i played pvp with friends and it was cool. i am looking forward to the game a lot.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

elf help book posted:

its halo borderlands and gamers are retarded

Halo 1-3 are ok and borderlands 2 would be ok if it wasn't so long but taking two games and putting them together does not make a totally unique gaming experience game of the generation 5/5

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Supposedly there's going to be wide open areas to explore, but I never dive into an MMO on it's first year.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The game has a billion dollar budget which is mostly for marketing

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene
Ok, I'm guessing this isn't a troll and will explain it.

1) Take Borderlands (Already an epic as hell game to paly with your pals)
2) Now imagine its epic as gently caress and made by Bungie who basically created the Modern FPS.
3) Put your boner in your waistband already and go preorder this bitch!

(Yes I will be buying and palying, but only when the PC version realeses)

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
1. Bungie made it and for some reason Halo is considered a good game
2. Game reviewers still don't understand that console shooters are bad
3. Seriously console shooters are really bad

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

Hoodrich posted:

2) Now imagine its epic as gently caress and made by Bungie who basically created the Modern FPS.

1. any game is fun to play with pals
2. marathon is tite as balls and halo is good too, and i like oni a lot.
3. i tried this but my waistband just slips down and i get arrested

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Hoodrich posted:

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

i think goons are overhyping it, as they tend to do with basically everything.

if you didn't think the beta was that great OP i doubt the release will be that much better

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

DoubleDonut posted:

1. Bungie made it and for some reason Halo is considered a good game
2. Game reviewers still don't understand that console shooters are bad
3. Seriously console shooters are really bad

Halo is a good multiplayer and usually single player game and its only major flaw, single player aside, is that it's on consoles. Farewell.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

It's because ps4 owners are starved for games and latch desperately onto whatever they can get

The same thing happened with titanfall. People are just louder about destiny and will play it for longer because more people own ps4s than xbones

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
maybe its something wrong with me, whenever there's a huge hyped game the press and "gamers" are going nuts about i always fail to see why it's so great. Bioshock infinite, the last of us, and now destiny are all kind of middling? except bioshock infinite thjat was a huge turd and i regret paying full price.

I mean TLOU was a cover shooter with well produced cutscenes yet critics held that thing up like it was the drat lion king and went LOOK! LOOK AT THIS ART! THIS IS THE PINNACLE OF GAMING AS A MEDIUM! when it was just a regular old game done better. cover shooter with cutscenes. doesn't even tell its story in a way that only a game could do.

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

Overbite posted:

maybe its something wrong with me, whenever there's a huge hyped game the press and "gamers" are going nuts about i always fail to see why it's so great. Bioshock infinite, the last of us, and now destiny are all kind of middling? except bioshock infinite thjat was a huge turd and i regret paying full price.

I mean TLOU was a cover shooter with well produced cutscenes yet critics held that thing up like it was the drat lion king and went LOOK! LOOK AT THIS ART! THIS IS THE PINNACLE OF GAMING AS A MEDIUM! when it was just a regular old game done better. cover shooter with cutscenes. doesn't even tell its story in a way that only a game could do.

except destiny isn't out yet? are you really this retarded

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

Hoodrich posted:

yes

it doesnt matter if its out, the beta wasn't fun. they don't release a time limited demo and strip all the good things out.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Overbite posted:

i know what you mean, i thought TLOU and bioshock infinite were both extremely overrated games. i dont understand why either of them gets praised as much as they do.

that being said, i'm enjoying destiny on it's own merits. i didnt even care about it until i played the beta, which i thought was fun and cool. goons are definitely overhyping it because as someone else noted neither next gen console has a quality selection of games yet.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Hoodrich posted:

Overbite has been posting stupid, gay, dumb, skeptical mild-tempered "ownages" of games for about 7 years now.

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene
bioshock infinite is one of the worst games ever made and the last of us is a console only gears of war game. idk where you are reading that theyre so great unless you are literally browwsing ign or wahtever

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Hoodrich posted:

bioshock infinite is one of the worst games ever made and the last of us is a console only gears of war game. idk where you are reading that theyre so great unless you are literally browwsing ign or wahtever

He doesn't understand that pubbies (i.e., Not Goons) are generally easily satisfied morons, due to him being a dysfunctional clown.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
One of these days I still wanna play Bioshock infinite when I can get the base game and DLC for 7 bucks in total.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

Wormskull posted:

Overbite has been posting stupid, gay, dumb, skeptical mild-tempered "ownages" of games for about 7 years now.

i had a good 3 years there. i'm happy with that

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Hoodrich posted:

actually a lot of people really liked tlou. recently, the playstation 4 thread (following that thread is my shame) broke into a multiple page discussion about how Freaking Epic and Deeply Win the story in tlou is.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Deeply Win.

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

The Taint Reaper posted:

One of these days I still wanna play Bioshock infinite when I can get the base game and DLC for 7 bucks in total.

ill be impressed if you can make it past like 20 minutes, its very very awful and they butchered the cobmat from the first 2 games

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Wormskull posted:

He doesn't understand that pubbies (i.e., Not Goons) are generally easily satisfied morons, due to him being a dysfunctional clown.

goons overhype the poo poo out of sub par at best games too

see: alpha protocol, gone home, anything by team ico

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

see: alpha protocol, anything by team ico

Nintendo, platinum, loving IOS card games....the list goes on.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

peak taint reaping

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

DoubleDonut posted:

peak taint reaping

Wonderful 101 was just an average game and they only latched onto it because the Wii-U had next to nothing out at the time. People had a ton of issues with Okami and Viewtiful Joe 1 and 2. Not a whole lot of people liked Bayonetta.

It fits the list.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

The Taint Reaper posted:

Wonderful 101 was just an average game and they only latched onto it because the Wii-U had next to nothing out at the time. People had a ton of issues with Okami and Viewtiful Joe 1 and 2. Not a whole lot of people liked Bayonetta.

It fits the list.

Oh taint reaper, you so crazy

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Only platinum/clover game I have not played is God Hand. But Capcom is in the throngs of their next gen HD re-releases so I'm going to wait and see if it gets picked.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
It's by an established developer and established publisher and has a large marketing budget.

It'll get 9s and 10s and sell five billion copies.

The Taint Reaper posted:

It fits the list.

omg shut the gently caress up

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

is your wife cucking you trant reaper

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

The Taint Reaper posted:

Only platinum/clover game I have not played is God Hand. But Capcom is in the throngs of their next gen HD re-releases so I'm going to wait and see if it gets picked.

Don't worry, not a whole lot of people liked it, like Bayonetta. I mean, IGN gave it like a 2/10! Clearly not taint-worthy.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

The Taint Reaper posted:

It fits the list.

reminder: the reaper played the wonderful 101 on very easy mode and cant draw unite gun or whip

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Silver Striker posted:

reminder: the reaper played the wonderful 101 on very easy mode and cant draw unite gun or whip

No I can draw, it's the wii-U pad which can't recognize it. poo poo has the hardest time recognizing the hammer.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

The Taint Reaper posted:

No I can draw, it's the wii-U pad which can't recognize it. poo poo has the hardest time recognizing the hammer.

you also complained about needing to flail desperately to make motions work for the wii controllers so I think you should see a doctor about your motor skills

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

The Taint Reaper posted:

only a poor reaper blames his taint

or something like that

• Locked thread