Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Lurking beneath the water
The future Immortal awaits

Team Anasta
Problem description: The right audio channel is perpetually quiet, like it's at 10% volume. Balance still "works" but it's really either quiet or really quiet. Happened randomly.

Attempted fixes: Obviously first checked the balance settings in the Windows 7 Sound control panel thing, everything is alright there. Tested different headphones/speakers, different outputs (front panel/rear), different sound cards (Onboard and a XONAR DGX have the exact same issue) and also tried different outputs on that, as well as checking to see if anything is weird with the driver's own balance stuff. Uninstalled drivers (completely, with driver removal, manually in the case of the XONAR since it left a few files) and tried updated drivers.

Recent changes: A motherboard change, though it worked for a while after that happened.

--

Operating system: Windows 7 X64

System specs: Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming 3 with i5-4690 and 16GB RAM, R290X

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

This is a really, really weird problem. I don't think it's hardware since I tried so many different configurations with no change. Drivers are unlikely too since they were cleaned out. Anyone have any ideas? Some kind of obscure Windows 7 setting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Lurking beneath the water
The future Immortal awaits

Team Anasta
After repeated fiddling around it seems to work okay now. Not even sure what was done to make it work.

• Locked thread