Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I like football and I've grown to like college football, but I don't have a college football team. Who should I root for this year?

I'll probably just take up the flag of whoever first responds to this but no Alabama, Florida State, or Maryland. Nick Saban is an rear end in a top hat, I don't want to be a bandwagoner and the terps moving conferences just bugs the hell out of me for some reason. I'm just so used to the ACC :shurg:

If you like defense, MSU. If you like offense, Oregon or Auburn. If you like anthropomorphic trees, Stanford.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Oh if you're into cool rear end old man coaches you can join me on the KSU bandwagon, there is lots of purple and it is sick as hell, beatin up on cupcakes and them dirty Jayhawks and (hold on let me check this spreadsheet) Mizzou I guess? Also you get to periodically make UT fans real sad so that kinda owns

There's also South Carolina for old man cults of personality

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Orgeron wasn't part of the Carroll coaching tree and as such I don't think he ever had a real shot at the job

Sash! posted:

Counterpoint: everyone wants you to win because it's hilarious when it happens.

K-State has cornered the market on being plucky while also being somewhat competent at the footballing (and also it has silly rivalries like the one where Nebraska rubs KSU's nose in pee) and that is why I like them

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Oh whoops

Anyways yeah they probably should have at least called Chris Petersen to see if he'd maybe consider leaving his job

• Locked thread