Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Bucnasti posted:

I hope this is a gag, but it fits right into UA.

I've read about that, I believe it was actually a performance art satire on the Orthodox Church.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

The part where Disney is literally the government of the area it's on the land of is kinda weird, though! Like, all law enforcement except for highway patrol and deputies on road traffic stuff are handled by private Disney security. Which is not required by law to share documentation with anyone; there's been court cases upholding this when people wanted to get more information about their son who was murdered on Disney land. Legally, Disney doesn't run the place - the Board of Supervisors does, which is elected by the landowners of the area. There are exactly five landowners, who each own a small undeveloped patch of land. The rest of the land is Disney or public highways. These five landowners are all senior Disney employees, and they are all on the Board of Supervisors.

Florida is weird.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

MadScientistWorking posted:

No the worst part about Rifts rules is the missing rules.

I dunno, the parts of Rifts where there are rules seem like they could only be improved by vanishing.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Sorry, man, but "this sword gives you +1 to hit things" was never cool. It will never be cool. It's just a number. They weren't cool in AD&D.

E: Flat numeric bonuses will always be less cool than "this sword does a thing" or even "this sword gets a conditional numeric bonus under these conditions" - doing things and conditionals at least try to give some sense of history to the weapon - it exists for a purpose, it has a story.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Tulul posted:

So I have been kicking around a game based on Southern Bastards and Justified; a game about small, hosed-up southern towns, sort of a new-Western thing. I live in the near-South and I've spent some time in the methier parts of Tennessee, so I'm not entirely bereft of personal inspiration, but I'm looking for more media to consume for ideas. Any good suggestions?

True Detective is probably a good thing to look at.

E: Late to this party.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Slightly Lions posted:

I haven't heard of this. What's so bad about it? I'm assuming from the name it's probably Orientalism.

I believe that's the one with the Bioware romance rules.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

This whole 'sell an RPG in a box to non-RPG people' thing isn't new, of course. My parents have an old Alfred Hitchcock's How To Host A Murder box in their basement, possibly never used. (Neither can remember.) How to Host a Murder was basically a packaged murder mystery LARP thing from the 80s, apparently they're still in business. They were never marketed towards RPG players.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Effectronica posted:

Don't be embarrassed because I'm pissed off at people right now.

Well, someone has to be, for some reason you aren't embarrassed by the absolute poo poo you've been posting.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Davin Valkri posted:

Why yes yes it is let's talk about that instead who's your favorite I like Makoto and Rei

Which one is the one who tries to swim in any pool of water greater than ankle deep? I like that one.

E: And the answer to that is "do any of those shows about this exact thing except they're cute girls in a club instead of cute boys have a plot?"

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Everything I've ever seen about Ironclaw (and Jadeclaw) suggests to me that it's totally benign and not creepy. Which is cool, really, talking animal people are pretty neat on their own.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Guinefort was a French greyhound, and while locally declared a saint and martyr, was never recognized by the Church. Despite that, she retained devotees until the 1920s or so.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Technically, I didn't finish so much as just stop, of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Man, I'm not gonna stop you.

• Locked thread