Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

DarkstarIV posted:

Samoa Joe is fat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

quote:

Nobody cares about Vince Russo at Spike TV. Nobody cares or knows who he is.

God that's great :allears:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Looking back on it, this honestly was a fun and somewhat creative gimmick.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Chokes McGee posted:

HE'S A FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT rear end

-Scott Steiner, pretty much every second of every year

I've seen tons of interview videos of scott out of character and it still takes me a second to get adjusted to hearing him talk normally. It just sounds so unlike him.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

BGrifter posted:

I like to imagine him in character 24/7.

ARE YOU READY TO SELL A HAMBURGER TO THE BIG BAD BOOTY DADDY???

BIG POPPA PUMP IS YOUR HOOKUP, HOLLA IF YOU NEED ME TO PASS THE MILK

I remember someone years ago once said they saw Hogan give a speech somewhere and he kept accidentally slipping back into character and even caught himself, saying "why am I talking like The Hulkster?" or somesuch.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Dixie Carter vs. Dignity

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

ayn rand hand job posted:

Didn't TNA gently caress over NJPW in this manner once?

I think so. I vaguely remember something about either Beer Money or the Dudleys (I wanna say it was Beer Money) competing for the NJPW tag belts and something getting hosed up.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Great White Hope posted:

I think the Dudleys dropped the IWGP Tag belts to the British Invasion against New Japan's wishes.

That sounds right. I know they wanted the belts on the Dudleys and they wound up getting dropped to someone else.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

i want josh matthews to do the suicidal ref show thing again

maybe with earl hebner

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yuriy posted:

Kurt Angle has a wrestling background, I'm not sure if he's ever done any striking in his life but he's spent the last decade being dropped on his head

He supposedly did some MMA training a while back, but that might have just been as a workout more than trying to get into a promotion. I know he talked about trying to get into... I wanna say UFC, but that might have just been the standard Kurt crazy talk.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

aaaah, there we go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

rovert posted:

For the revised edition of Death of WCW the dedication has been changed from Hunter and Stephanie to Dixie and Bob.

that's goddamn incredible

• Locked thread