Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

DJExile posted:

Looking back on it, this honestly was a fun and somewhat creative gimmick.

Joseph Park, Esquire was great until the Bound For Glory series derailed the Park/Bully feud before the logical end of "Park reveals himself to be Abyss and then crushes Bully Ray".

But that's just the story of TNA (outside of the periods where everything was terrible non-stop): "They had something good going, but then they screwed it up."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Aries winning the title was proof that TNA had no idea what they were doing.

v The finish to Lockdown 2012 was because of the story, which was "James Storm let his hatred for Roode get the better of him, and as a result he failed to win the title". He took an extended leave of absence specifically for that reason. This is fine if it leads to "James Storm beats Roode in the main event of the biggest show of the year to get the title". Instead TNA happened.

rare Magic card l00k fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Sep 18, 2014

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

coconono posted:

I haven't watched TNA in a while but do they really have anything that tops the spectacle of Cena/Lesnar? Or Sheamus/Cesaro for that matter?

Cena/Lesnar is a rip-off of TNA's top feud, TNA vs. Death.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Thauros posted:

What happened with BfG and W-1? I read the results of what may be the last set of tapings in the spoiler thread but didn't come across anything about the Korakuen show.

It's looking very likely that Bound For Glory is going to be like their One Night Onlies.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

DJExile posted:

I think so. I vaguely remember something about either Beer Money or the Dudleys (I wanna say it was Beer Money) competing for the NJPW tag belts and something getting hosed up.

I think the Dudleys dropped the IWGP Tag belts to the British Invasion against New Japan's wishes.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Shine posted:

Accidentally posted this in the Twitter thread:

So basically TNA has recorded shows for November which spoil the result of their upcoming signature PPV, which is being held in a country where every wrestling fan who cares to go to a TNA show will have read up on the spoiler? Neat.

Not only that, but said fans are extremely likely to complain if anything affected by said spoilers shows up in pre-spoiler form.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I'm pretty sure we pay attention to TNA to laugh at their failure to be anything but themselves.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Pope Corky the IX posted:

No, she thinks they need a second show. Seriously.

There was a time when TNA was looking for an hour show devoted to either the X-Divison or the Knockouts, and it would've been completely justified.

Then Hogan came in.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

triplexpac posted:

At first I thought you got Golddust's rat's name wrong, but then I remembered :lol:

Oh good I wasn't the only one.

I blame mentioning the christmas tree, since Black Reign was in that match, and he had Terri Misty.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

James Storm, Curt Hennig.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Tato posted:

Oh I'm sure he'd lose. I just don't think I've seen a Kurt Angle main event style match in the past 7 years that doesn't involve multiple finisher kick-outs starting at minute 10 in the match, leading to multiple stolen finisher kick-outs in minute 12.

Hey now, he had a match with the retired road agent Road Dogg that only had Mr. Dogg kick out of one (I think) Angle Slam!

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Well now I can't wait for my hardcover copy to arrive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

The biggest pop was probably either Christian winning the title and fans swarmed the ring, or the announcement of signing Kurt Angle. It's been a long, long time since I've watched either of those, so I don't know if they were smaller reactions than I thought.

• Locked thread