Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Avenging_Mikon posted:

September 11.

WWE is having a PPV that day so that's arguably worse (except people will probably attend and watch the PPV)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Blasmeister posted:

I love it, being inducted into the HoF only to gently caress off right after. Wonder how that acceptance speech will go :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlclUwqDo3s

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Thauros posted:

http://grantland.com/features/tna-professional-wrestling-dixie-carter-jeff-jarrett-wwe/

Lengthy article up at Grantland about TNA's written by someone other than the Masked Man.

quote:

“This is one of my favorite things,” she says, walking toward a psychedelic painting. “When we had our first issues with Jeff Hardy,” the TNA daredevil who has struggled with drug and alcohol abuse throughout his career, “he did this painting called The Charismatic Apology.”

I'm still amazed at how easy it is to vacillate between despising Jeff Hardy and wanting to tousle his hair because he's five.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Dixie Carter is so nice, like a mom. TNA is like a family.

the mom from Carrie

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

"Oh AJ, darlin, you're going to New Japan? THEY'RE ALL GONNA LAUGH AT YOU! THEY'RE ALL GONNA LAUGH AT YOU!"

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

SlothBear posted:

Any chance havok ever goes to nxt?

The taint of TNA won't be easy to wash off but I suppose. From her perspective it's probably better to ride out whatever short time TNA has left since she's booked way stronger there than she ever would be in WWE/NXT.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Bigass Moth posted:

Yeah I also have no clue who is in that picture or why it is in any way relevant to anyone.

thats a lady named havok who just debuted for tna and she's married to sami callahan whos a dude in nxt and wwe put her on tv when she came to an nxt taping because lol that's a fun and ruckus thing to do poo poo on a stick ketchup wraps

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Endorph posted:

ring ka king wasn't amazing or anything but unlike TNA it was actually fun to watch. there was some decent wrestling on there, too.

I will never stop loving Scott Steiner terrorizing frightened Indian fans. It was like the first hour of Slumdog gone horribly right.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

skaboomizzy posted:

I think Bram wore a shirt with the Ascension logo on it to the ring on this week's Impact.

It wasn't this shirt? Even still he's using the same logo which is TNA as hell.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Chinston Wurchill posted:

The single review on that page made me chuckle.

ahahahahahahaha I'm going to waste the whole afternoon reading TNA merch reviews.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

KungFu Grip posted:

The eye of horus isn't owned by anyone, so I don't see what the big deal is.

It's not a big deal but nonsensically trading off the gimmick he had in WWE (when he's ostensibly playing a completely different character in TNA) is pretty low-rent.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Blasmeister posted:

Thank you, TNA, for making secret Santa so much fun

I seriously think a good chunk of their merch sales hinge on this kind of thing.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Needs More Ditka posted:

I'd just like to point out that they have a logo for tnaondemand.com at the bottom of the page. The domain has now expired and any one of you can own it for the low, low price of you guessed it, $9.99

Come on MRT, your time is now.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Put the Spike TV logo on a briefcase and put that fucker on a clevis.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

To be honest I don't think anyone cares enough about TNA to be outraged. The apologists on TNAsylum and TNAMecca will handwave it away somehow but anyone who would honestly be mad enough at that to stop watching, already stopped watching.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Codependent Poster posted:

Josh is going to host "Are you For Real?" with Puppet Dixie and Eric Young.

The TNA version of this has more mileage than Impact itself so they'd do well to run with it.

Honestly I love this kind of signing because, like Brodus, it forces the Meccasylumers to twist themselves into knots to defend guys they were bashing three months ago.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

So is WGN going to give TNA the more hours of TV that Dixie apparently thinks they need to stave off 'dying on the vine'?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

WGN would have to be the stupidest company alive, stupider than TNA, to pay more than Spike did for the rights, which means that after UTA takes a cut they're going to be losing money like mad. WGN might inject some funds here and there to keep their new property afloat but that's hardly sustainable.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Luigi Thirty posted:

There's a bunch of Bozos. The one most people know, Bob Bell, original Chicago Bozo is dead. The 1980s and 1990s Chicago Bozo is 62.

CM Punk looks great for 62!

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Grendels Dad posted:

I like this game.

Then Jeff Hardy came in

Then Tito came in (and nobody cared)

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

"the new L!VE TV's name was changed to Babeworld to reflect the channel's gradual change of focus towards "adult material"."

It's the TNA of networks, all right.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

If IGF can put together an Angle/Sapp match that'll be worth it even if Angle dies after.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Angle is busted up but I think he could still have a great match, especially against Daniel Bryan who has gotten good matches out of Kane.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Cardboard Box posted:

i think the problem is more kurt passing a physical than being able to have a good match with daniel bryan

Of course. But if the match took place on a barge in international waters...

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

You guys are gonna look real dumb when Kurt wins a gold medal in 2016.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I think anything Angle could ever potentially do in WWE, in or out of the ring, would be to put over existing talent. Rusev, Bryan, whoever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

If anyone cares, here's the Google Play link to the e-book (which I just bought).

• Locked thread