Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Whipped Buttcheeks
Jul 25, 2007
Chairborne Ranger
gently caress you all, ich bin Heim ins Reich. Time to slay some kebabs and drink beer. Europe army best tolerable army.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whipped Buttcheeks
Jul 25, 2007
Chairborne Ranger

Kaliber posted:

What the gently caress... Anyone know about what the gently caress to do if you get married in Hawaii 2 months before you PCS and the Army won't let you command sponsor your spouse cause it's less than 90 days out from PCS and they won't amend your orders to include her so you get the her flight paid for, and HHG, TLA, and DLA at the married rate?

Looked up the reg and it states Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and other states are excluded from having to command sponsorship dependents who are bona fide from the states but Schofield's MPD refuses to put her on without a command sponsor. Am I hosed and going to have to pay for this move out of pocket because I didn't ask the army for permission for my local wife to live here?

I know this is late, but don't trust MPD to be right about anything. I had a similar issue here in Europe. Not even the department head knew what he was talking about. I and some old retiree from a different department--surprise surprise, the only guy who bothered to have a copy of the reg on hand--had to educate the MPD director on what should have been a basic function of his job. If your situation isn't cookie-cutter perfect, they really don't know what the gently caress to do and will just try to deny you out of hand.

• Locked thread