Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nimmy
Feb 20, 2011

Soon young Melvin.
Your time will come.
6 month vacation from Garrison life at KAF wooo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nimmy
Feb 20, 2011

Soon young Melvin.
Your time will come.

JDAMS CURE PASHTUN posted:

Uhh KAF is garrison life.

:(

We were told it's been dismantled a lot

Nimmy
Feb 20, 2011

Soon young Melvin.
Your time will come.

Aximus posted:

Get to ride on a bus for about 24 hours tomorrow so I can enjoy good ol' Fort Polk for the next month :suicide:

I just got back. It has somehow got even shittier.

Nimmy
Feb 20, 2011

Soon young Melvin.
Your time will come.

psydude posted:

Unsurprisingly, despite ACUs being banned for travel, I still see people who are clearly not returning from a deployment wearing them at the airport.

I see so many PVTs in uniform. They made us leave AIT in civilian clothes, so I know those fuckers know better.

Nimmy
Feb 20, 2011

Soon young Melvin.
Your time will come.
I guess now that I think about it, I have shared the airport-to-post shuttle with all kinds of infantry E-1s in uniform and no unit patch.

Nimmy
Feb 20, 2011

Soon young Melvin.
Your time will come.

stevenolson88 posted:

Got tasked as the investigating officer for a FLIPL yesterday. All the investigations were already done, but I had to do the final report. In short, a soldier received a call from his wife saying there was a fire in their garage. He comes home and finds a large portion of his TA-50 in flames. But that's it. Just his TA-50 was burned to a crisp. And the incident happened 9 months ago. What the gently caress am I supposed to do with this?

Find him not liable for anything? Look out for your soldiers!

Nimmy
Feb 20, 2011

Soon young Melvin.
Your time will come.

Justin Tyme posted:

Do IET soldiers get a SHARP class upon entry? I can't remember but I don't think I ever did. You'd think that would be a day 0 requirement, telling Joe that DS Biggus Dickus can't gently caress you under threat of chaptering you out and if you report them nothing ill will come of it.

My first week was almost entirely SHARP/EO/Everything in the Army classes and the whole company getting smoked for someone falling asleep in one of these classes.

Nimmy
Feb 20, 2011

Soon young Melvin.
Your time will come.

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

some dorklord who showed up for a couple months talking about how he was finished with ait or whatever but then he never left and got orders to be cadre bitch or something weird. all his stories were dumb bootcamp horseshit but cranked up to 11, so he was most likely a lying piece of poo poo. had enough knowledge that he was possibly in at some point, but id put money on him showing up to basic and getting kicked out for being a nonhacker

thankfully he stopped posting, we can only hope due to a brutal suicide

100% was a basic training medboard or some retard who got caught breaking the TRADOC rules and was waiting on an Art 15 and chapter.

Nimmy
Feb 20, 2011

Soon young Melvin.
Your time will come.

Ashmole posted:

Is it a rule that if you're in the 101st that you have to be a loving rear end in a top hat? Seriously never got along with someone from that unit/who deployed with them.

By the time you've gone 4 consecutive summers without watching your kid play soccer because of field training and/or deployments you start to get a little bitter. The commanders at every level try to uphold the same morale crushing bullshit. "We're the 101st, we have to do more."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nimmy
Feb 20, 2011

Soon young Melvin.
Your time will come.

Geirskogul posted:

We just got a SPC in our unit (ASMC national guard unit) that once, in the long past, deployed with the 101st, and has the patch. Whenever someone tries to talk down to him or correct him, even if that person is an E6 or something, he turns a bit, puts his left palm against his right arm, and taps the loving deployment patch. And he gets corrected a lot, because this is his first loving drill with us. Also, he has longer hair he gels sideways like brad pitt in inglorious basterds.

I have never, ever wanted to punch somebody in the face more than this loving guy.

Sounds like he doesn't even have Air Assault wings. Remind him that he would be lower than many E-1s in the actual 101st. There have been times when they would make SPCs stand at the far left of their rank because everyone else in the squad was AASLT qualified. Never seen it with an NCO, but it wouldn't surprise me if it happens.

E: Wait, it's one of those assholes who wears the patch because he shared a FOB with some 101st unit? Oh gently caress those guys.

Nimmy fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Sep 29, 2014

• Locked thread