Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
System now has games

it's a true exclusive, no PC or any other system ports coming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxIfnDo3imA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

*smiles sex offenderishly*

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Dragon Quest is also appearing on the PS4.

Rejoice for the second age of RPGs is upon us.

Abysswalker
Apr 25, 2013

The Taint Reaper posted:

pretty sure the ps3 is a different system

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

So are there gonna be differences between Part and 4 versions? BC they could just sell one digital version and run it on both.

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
is it more japanese hitler youths murdering themselves to defeat satan/god or what

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

matrix ripoff posted:

is it more japanese hitler youths murdering themselves to defeat satan/god or what

They already murdered hitler in persona 2

Grakdesh
Jul 21, 2005

High-functioning otaku.

matrix ripoff posted:

It's a Persona game

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

The Taint Reaper posted:

System now has games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxIfnDo3imA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yThfdrdFL8

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

and it is finally decided for me which of the next gen systems i am getting, sorry sunset overdrive

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Iggy Koopa posted:

and it is finally decided for me which of the next gen systems i am getting, sorry sunset overdrive

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

what kinda game is persona series?

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
it's anime, but for some reason it's anime that goons don't hate

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
a system doesnt have games until those games actually exist, op

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
*persona walks into a bar full of goons with its hands up* wait! wait! i'm one of the good ones! don't hurt me!

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Real hurthling! posted:

It's an RPG.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

anime dating sim with dungeon crawls

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

matrix ripoff posted:

it's anime, but for some reason it's anime that goons don't hate

goons actually fuckin love anime they just say they hate it so the cool kids will let them sit at a table near them

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Real hurthling! posted:

It is the most Japanese game

I say this only having played Persona 3 FES but really

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

StandardVC10 posted:

It is the most Japanese game

You have not played Project Diva, sit back down child.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
project diva f and persona 4 golden are the only reasons to touch a vita

I can't wait to spend an extra $400 to play a turned based anime game at 60 fps instead of 30. You did it atlus.

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

Liquid Penguins posted:

project diva f and persona 4 golden are the only reasons to touch a vita

I can't wait to spend an extra $400 to play a turned based anime game at 60 fps instead of 30. You did it atlus.

proejct diva f seriously what the gently caress is wrong with your brain

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Hoodrich posted:

proejct diva f seriously what the gently caress is wrong with your brain

its called love

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
the song where the twins are playing with the dreamcast 2 and the song where miku is playing phantasy star online 2 are the best parts.

thank you sega for pandering to me

edit: http://youtu.be/s2TKGF_14xY?t=31s

Liquid Penguins fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Sep 1, 2014

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

Real hurthling! posted:

very basic dungeon crawling, ok crafting for power/customization, huge focus on NPC interaction (that affects the crafting), slight life sim management (have to deal with passage of time)

I might be wrong I only played a bit of it since I don't like interacting with NPCs too much (also the reason I still didn't play more of recettear.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Real hurthling! posted:

one part anime dating sim one part corridor dungeon grinds one part card crafting basically the perfect blend of a lot of bad things alchemically transforming into something people like for some reason. idk, it's just another weird thing to me.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

program666 posted:

very basic dungeon crawling, ok crafting for power/customization, huge focus on NPC interaction (that affects the crafting), slight life sim management (have to deal with passage of time)

I might be wrong I only played a bit of it since I don't like interacting with NPCs too much (also the reason I still didn't play more of recettear.

thats pretty accurate

i like persona, however, it's definitely not something everyone will enjoy. you have to have a relatively high tolerance for visual novels because that's a huge portion of the game

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

persona is the best series because it let us read posts where people whine about anime dating sims and fanservice and then ask why more games like persona 4 golden don't come out on the vita

that's every post in the vita thread

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

The numbered SMT games are way better than Persona as a series after 2 because they lack the weird dating mechanic/social link stuff.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib
people are already starting to get mad that the default protagonist will be a teenage japanese boy

Grakdesh
Jul 21, 2005

High-functioning otaku.
I liked persona 4 because the time management stuff and the dating sim stuff had to be strategically balanced along with the dungeon crawling. I also like that all of the songs are in English but you have no way of knowing that unless you look up the lyrics.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Endorph posted:

persona is the best series because it let us read posts where people whine about anime dating sims and fanservice and then ask why more games like persona 4 golden don't come out on the vita

that's every post in the vita thread

there is a lot of hypocrisy for sure but there are definite levels of anime creepy and persona 4 golden is on the lower end of the scale. it's just that most games people freak out about in the vita thread are also on the lower end.

theres really gross stuff out there that people openly admit to liking in other threads

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Effectronica posted:

people are already starting to get mad that the default protagonist will be a teenage japanese boy

To be fair though the protagonists in 2 were way cooler especially in Eternal Punishment; it was refreshing to see a protagonist other than a 15 year old.

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

Widestancer posted:

The numbered SMT games are way better than Persona as a series after 2 because they lack the weird dating mechanic/social link stuff.

I'll never forget all my friends in Inaba. Persona FTW.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Effectronica posted:

people are fuckin retarded

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Widestancer posted:

agree 100%

Widestancer posted:

To be fair though the protagonists in 2 were way cooler especially in Eternal Punishment; it was refreshing to see a protagonist other than a 15 year old.

yeah since they're dead set on the high school stuff it seems i'd at least like them to play around with maybe a teacher as the main character? idk it'd be nice to see a different take on it

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Widestancer posted:

yeah but they've hit on a winning formula with high school and dating stuff and they don't want to have the crushing depression associated with college in japan, so it's gonna have s. links and star a 15-16-year-old

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Widestancer posted:

same, but opposite

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Effectronica posted:

yeah but they've hit on a winning formula with high school and dating stuff and they don't want to have the crushing depression associated with college in japan, so it's gonna have s. links and star a 15-16-year-old

You'd think a series like this would want to explore that crushing depression given the cultural reflection it's been known for :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Silver Striker posted:

agree 100%

yeah since they're dead set on the high school stuff it seems i'd at least like them to play around with maybe a teacher as the main character? idk it'd be nice to see a different take on it

these are still niche games, with persona 4 selling a little more than half a million, smt iv a little less, strange journey a quarter of a million... they don't want to endanger a winning formula too much and their main market is still japan. only the devil survivor games have done better in north america

• Locked thread