Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Benedick Cuckold posted:

the vaccine was a punishment for our inherently sinful human nature which led to the advent of sickness and infirmity into the world

This actually makes a complete shitload of sense, when put this way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Qvark posted:

Where I'm from the police will take your children and probably gently caress you up good if you hit your children. Makes u think

Spanking being outlawed b/c cops want a monopoly on violence

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Effectronica posted:

working-class parents are more likely to spank or beat their children because their main concern is that children obey but they don't give a poo poo if they agree with it or not

middle-class parents are more likely to use deprivation or confinements because their main concern is that children understand why the thing is wrong

these also correlate heavily with their children's likely working environments and the survival skills necessary

what i'm getting from this is that we can tell who grew up poor and who didn't lol

Ya but you left rich people out, is it that rich people are just further down a track prioritizing comprehension over obedience? My guess would be they let their kids do whatever they want but emphasize the importance of appearances, for example acting like a maniac and breaking poo poo at home is fine because we can just buy more poo poo but doing it at a restaurant is wrong

Quickscope420dad posted:

wait did that actually happen in arrested devlopment because i've watched every episode of it and i don't remember any of it

There is an entire running gag i wanna say midseries about how George would teach the kids lessons by hiring that guy with one arm to display the horrific consequences of small transgressions like not leaving a note

• Locked thread