Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

i dont have very high hopes for it even though it is being directed by one of KyoAni's best directors. the actual light novel was written by the guy who wrote full metal panic so...

KyoAni hasn;t done anything good in years and its getting more and more depressing every season that they announce another 3 months of boring sci-fi romance or just plain old boring romance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

madmac posted:

I think Nichijou was the last thing they did I really liked, though there's a few shows in there I skipped completely. Hope is eternal, I suppose.

Yeah, and I liked that one stretch of episodes in Hyouka during the culture festival but it's been 3+ years then of mediocre to lame, even though of all of the stuff they just do looks so stellar. I'm looking forward to next time I can enjoy one of their shows again.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

darkgray posted:

Trailer for Urobuchi's new 3DCG movie thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExufsWmrMeA

It might just be because its on youtube but that animation looks extremely choppy and bad

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

but for reals. i think without shinbo and shaft the madoka animes would have been pretty mediocre.

Absolutely, which is evident in that the third movie is the best madoka media and it is 100% due to the visual construction and very little to do with urobochi's writing

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bakanogami posted:

I'm hoping the Inou battle thing turns out to be good. I read the first chapter of the manga a while back, and while I love the premise (kids get superpowers but then just have a normal slice of life show with them), the main character seems massively irritating.

I think I heard somewhere that Kill La Kill didn't make Trigger as much money as you might think? If that's so, they could be in hot water if something bombs, as a young studio. That's probably why they're doing an adaptation of an existing property in the bread-and-butter club activity SoL genre.

The trailer there makes me feel more hopeful, at least. The animation looks good.

Zorak mentioned that KLK performed poorly which seems crazy to me because of its apparent popularity stateside but maybe the Japanese market didn't love it and all that really matters are those blu ray sales. How did KLK end up selling in Japan?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There's gonna be a new GitS movie? Who's attached to it, same crew working on Arise?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I can't wait for Miku on letterman.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

first ep of amagi brilliant park is delayed until october 6th

Good. I hope it's delayed indefinitely.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Well, it's not Haruhi.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It was really awful in the first episode and if it's even worse going forward I'll probably stop watching it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Two more days until Miku is on Letterman.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Darth Walrus posted:

Yeah, given the depths of skeeze Trigger's staff are capable of when left to their own devices, having them do generic high-school harem bullshit honestly has its pros as well as its cons. Think I'll give this a shot.

I wish it was skeezier and everyone was wearing less clothing, but I haven't even watched it yet. just my hope is all

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ViggyNash posted:

the skeeziest thing to happen this episode was a single pair of jiggling boobs.

:mrgw:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They pretend to dislike it to seem cool and disaffected because that's an easier way to live than to try to come to terms with their bad taste.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

A Doomed Purloiner posted:

Don't forget K-On with all the members of HTT named after members of P-Model (and matching the same instruments for the most part).

whoa

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

icantfindaname posted:

That's Japan for you I guess. "Sexual harassment is hilarious" just seems to be A Thing in Japanese media, I don't think it's otaku in particular. I've been watching Haruhi and am pretty disappointed that a main character literally only exists to be sexually harassed by Haruhi for laughs

You should watch more than one episode of Haruhi then.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mitsuru is the most tragic character in the series

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

gently caress the new trigger show and I hope it sells gangbusters so the main characters in their next Real show have bigger tits.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Devil Tesla posted:

That doesn't sound interesting at all.

The first step to a supernatural comedy like Inou Battle is to relate what's going on to everyday life, and then make a clever twist on it. That's what made The Devil is a Part Timer so popular here, it really did convince you that an ambitious dark lord would gets weirdly into selling fast food, and it was funny to think about a fast food worker secretly being a dark lord. Oh, and it was really well made, of course.

Inou Battle has nothing like that, just a bunch of character quirks piled together without forming into anything worth watching, and it doesn't have anything on it's mind other than how to best beg for the audience's attention by piling up a bunch of previously successful things. I think the only reason it's getting any attention is Trigger's name and that it's not aggressively bad like other shows which try the same thing.

I don't like that the CR subs don't translate chuuni, and also I don't like the animation, the characters, the style or the story.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Namtab posted:

I am going to make a thread for the new Trigger anime tomorrow.

Good luck.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Waffleman_ posted:

Okay, what the gently caress. :nws: picture

Light novels are trash.

I hope trigger adapts it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Any word on when it's going to make its way to Chicago?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Genocyber posted:

I'll make a thread if someone gives me a good title.

Bahamut anime thread

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Can't wait for Cars 3 now, when all the cars will have big tits.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Robert Denby posted:

Do they really expect to repeat the success of "Space Dandy" several times per season now? That show did well in the US, but a lot of that had to do with it having the same director as the most critically celebrated (not to mention one of the most popular) anime TV series ever made, and it appealed to more than just a niche audience.

I imagine the cost of producing and airing a dub is minimal such that any remote success will make their money back for a product they did not have to produce.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Alder posted:

No idea but I wonder if they will keep the same studio and animation quality? Here's to 2015 for a fun series.

It's the same writer/director and staff supposedly, so hopefully yes.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They can't be laws because Parasyte has loads of gore. I'm pretty sure companies do that to artificially boost the Blu-Ray/DVD values.

Except for smoking, they don't show that ever I think.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Davincie posted:

I wouldn't know as I'm not retarded enough to watch even episode of the rape show

So you've only seen episodes 1, 3 and 5? Owned

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Paracelsus posted:

There's tons of smoking in anime. Smoking doesn't have the stigma in Asian countries it does in the US; nicotine-stained teeth can be considered a mark of prosperity.

Yeah sorry I meant under aged smoking

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mercrom posted:

Potsticker what's your opinion on the hilariously contrived harem antics in ADTRW's anime of the year 2013 The Devil is a Part Timer.

that show sucks and so does ADTRW

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's no Kanon (2006), that's for sure

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

WitchFetish posted:

I'd create one, but I'm pretty sure I'd get insta-banned.

Let this guy make his thread.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Phobophilia posted:

In hindsight the chuunibyou anime was a piece of boring poo poo for people who want to date retards

Hello.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Darth Walrus posted:

So what was the last one? Or are we allowed to talk about it?

The Kill la Kill thread which you're allowed to talk about now because everyone is fine with getting horny of it now that a few months have passed

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The OPN video is nothing at all like MEMEME except for that both of them have music and visuals in them.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

icantfindaname posted:

True story, I visited the desk of my campus's anime club at the club fair and it was covered in KyoAni merchandise and bishoujo figurines, so I pretty much went :yikes:

Please sign me up for that anime club

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Phobophilia posted:

grouchio is now under my protection i shall protect him from the anime ironiposting cabal

Same.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Myriad Truths posted:

It's nice to see that he's advanced from merely rehashing trite visual novel plots and is now rehashing trite light novel plots as well.

Looks like I'm going to have to kick your rear end

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Cake Attack posted:

what else involving blood rushing to a certain part of the body occurs because of sexy anime guys/gals

huge rock hard boners

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

:nws: http://animatorexpo.com/carnage/
Studio Khara made another short. Make sure to hit EN and enable subtitles.

How many of these are they making anyway

edit: Also there's some info on mememe.

they planned it for 30 with one video being released a week. They announced it a little over a month ago I think

• Locked thread