Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Jenner posted:

If great hero big brother is supposed to kill every magical eye ninja and this makes him great than isn't he a failure because he did not kill Tobi who is a magical eye ninja?

This is a universe filled with failures. The biggest ones are the people who somehow manage to die and stay dead. Like one of the good guy ninjas.

Spoiler edited out. My bad, again.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Feb 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ChorpSaway posted:

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO maybe don't just drop stuff like that! Rules state no spoilers in the thread and I'd like to keep it that way. Thank you.

Wait, that's a spoiler?! I thought that was long since done and skipped over for this game. My bad.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ChorpSaway posted:

Yeah but what if like... instead of seeing things with magic eyes, they were able to smell where their enemies were hiding and copy their techniques based on the scent of their attacks?
What if they were magical noses instead? What if Orochimaru wanted to steal Sasuke's nose for its incredible sensory ability? Makes you think.

God, the Michael Jackson jokes would never stop in that case.

Neruz posted:

Pretty much this; the entire Naruto story turns out to have been driven by magical bullshit from the start; the source of the magical bullshit doesn't really matter.

I'd be down with magical pose bullshit.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

TwoPair posted:

This should be an actual stated power. Not like, a thing that just happens over the course of the story, I want it to be his Sharingan.

I saw something like that in an episode of Black Dynamite once.

"Okay now look here turkey. Black Dynamite only likes to say things with his mouth once and on the third time Black Dynamite starts talking with his fists."

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

You guys joked about it a lot at the beginning of the video but I'd totally be down with Naruto Xenoverse with a bunch of ridiculous bullshit What If scenarios.

Rock Lee comes back from Hell looking like Akuma and just roundhouse kicks three bosses through a mountain.

Man, what a dumb way to start a new page.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

FractalSandwich posted:

Bad Good story horribly executed, decent game, good LP. Thanks to you, I'm marginally less out of touch with post-Dragon Ball Z children's cartoons bad anime that isn't Inuyasha than I was six months ago.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'd love it if in twelve years the Naruto name is just floating around free for anyone to mess with if they want beyond parody and then someone takes a crack at it and makes a reboot that's more interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Hahaha, Naruto is one of the biggest series Shonen Jump has ever had. It's not becoming public domain anytime soon.

Yeah, I meant to frame it in a way that's just 'man it'd be cool if this happened' not that I was expecting it to work out that way.

• Locked thread