Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013
I have gradually become more and more disillusioned with the west - our obsession with material goods, working for a paycheck and ridiculous human rights legislation. I've been involved with political groups for a few years now in an attempt to "change the system from within", but it's not working.

My political views aren't exactly mainstream - I would consider myself a Communist Nazi, which is like a normal Nazi but with a heavy emphasis on agriculture. Since I'm not around many people with similar views to myself in America, this leaves me little choice but to defect to North Korea.

Does anyone have any first-hand experience of defecting? How did you do it? Did you enjoy it? Are you still there? Do they train you in digging irrigation ditches or should I take a course before I go?

My rough plan is to fly to South Korea and make my way to the border. Is it quite easy to run across the border or should I take a flag? Would a white flag of surrender me the best thing, or a North Korean flag to show my allegiance? Should I attempt to buy one of those fetching grey suits BEFORE I go or will the North Koreans supply me with one? (I am obviously taller than your average North Korean but they must have tailors.)

What about when I'm there? Will I be worshiped as a god, sent to teach North Koreans the evils of Ford and Coca-cola? I obviously want to do my fair share of farming as well, but most of my experience is in carrots and I've heard the North Koreans mainly eat grass, which I've always found quite easy to grow anyway so it shouldn't a problem.

My main question though is this: If I don't like it what is the notice period to go home? A week or a month? Will they fly me out or do I have to organise that myself?

Any help is appreciated, from former/current defectors or just anyone with an interest in the subject :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Throwdini
Aug 2, 2006
spread my pussy

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

as far as i can tell you're already defective, op

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
They will probably not believe you, tell you that you are CIA, then execute you for trumped up charges of dissidence.

:choco:

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

have fun being tortured all throughout the last 18 months of your life

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

asian men will electrocute your genitals until you die

Dr Strangepants
Nov 26, 2003

Mein Führer! I can dance!

scalded schlong posted:

the only way i can cum

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
do it and post a update thread

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
cool im sure you will be accepted with open arms later

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
you will probably become a famous movie star who plays an evil American general in every film

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

scalded schlong posted:

nice username/post combo

Office Commando
Mar 23, 2005
The Invasion from Within

LifeSizePotato posted:

as far as i can tell you're already defective, op

this+im gay

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
Isn't one of the current american prisoners a sperg who went there, ripped his US passport so he could join the revolution and now is

begging anyone who would listen that he wants the hell out ?

InterceptorV8
Mar 9, 2004

Loaded up and trucking.We gonna do what they say cant be done.

Miltank posted:

you will probably become a famous movie star who plays an evil American general in every film

500 grams of rice a day for him and his family!

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
DPRK might not be the best idea.
They aren't all that great with agriculture either.
However, just going to the border isn't that great a plan.
2 mile wide, patrolled demilitarized zone, lots of landmines and such.
You'd want to join a tour group for Panmunjom.
When hey get you down near the blue buildings, you are going to want to try to run between them.
ROK guards will possibly be positioned near the corners of the blue buildings and you're going to have try really really hard to get past them. Speed will be your best option.
On the other side of this boarder/sidewalk...

Will be the 3 North Korean guards. They may, or may not let you cross.

You're other option is to become marginally proficient at professional basketball.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

hang out with those nerds or these dudes?

not even close imo

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

south korea is better imo

Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013

Decebal posted:

Isn't one of the current american prisoners a sperg who went there, ripped his US passport so he could join the revolution and now is

He was most likely some sort of traitor. Or maybe he was givin a mission to return to the west and spread the world of the Revolution.

Miltank posted:

That doesn't sound too bad, but I'd really prefer to just be a normal farmer. Of course I'd be willing to do anything the state asked of me.

mookface posted:

do it and post a update thread

I intend to. Does anyone know what the internets like in NK? I obviously don't need top of the range speeds, but fast enough to watch BBC iPlayer and access the CNN website + browsing SA should be plenty.

DiHK posted:

They will probably not believe you, tell you that you are CIA, then execute you for trumped up charges of dissidence.

Why would the CIA have a presence in NK? One the one hand they're a unified, non corrupt society, so the CIA wouldn't be able to turn people against eachother like they can in the rest of the world. On the other hand, why would the western hegemony want to send it's best agents to a place where they could learn about other ways of thinking?

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007

Decebal posted:

quote:

Melissa Morris, 24, who went to high school with Miller, recalled him being "very quiet but extremely intelligent." She said the two worked on a class project together, which was the last time they interacted.

"He did not speak a single word to me the entire time we did the project," she said. "He was not your typical high school student."

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

shiksa posted:

hang out with those nerds or these dudes?

not even close imo

That's one slick rear end uniform.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Miltank posted:

i'd defect if i got this deal living in nkor is p sweet if you're rich as hell

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I dont think you are being serious. Plz b serious and go there and then you will die.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

Who is this ugly rear end beat poetry sjw motherfucker
Good I'm glad he's gone

WilltheMagicAsian
Dec 11, 2011

You know you can just fly directly to North Korea, no crossing borders required. You'll have to figure out how to escape from your North Korean guide though. Hopefully they will not shoot you.

Try flying in pretending to be a retired NBA player, they seem to be welcome there.

WilltheMagicAsian fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Sep 5, 2014

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

if you escape from your guide your guide will be shot, as will his family

Psygnosis
Jul 30, 2003
Make sure to keep posting after you get to the glorious republic of north korea

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Tell me more about Juche.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i support you op, follow your dreams

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

scalded schlong posted:

if you escape from your guide your guide will be shot, as will his family

Outing a secret traitor is a good way to start in NK, imo.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Tell me more about Juche.

it hasnt been juche since the fatty kim I days, its all about the songun now

Only Slightly Bent
Jul 6, 2013
Don't listen to the naysayers, faith in the Great Leader will let you persevere.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
you must present them with the severed genitals of at least three capitalists* to prove your dedication

*yours and two others

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

DiHK posted:

Morkyz IS CIA

I just said that so when NK does a background check and find SA they'll really really trust him

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
What is Carmen Electra like in bed, OP? Is Scottie Pippen as stuck up as he seems?

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

good

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
i want to go to nk cause I'm 5'3" and i want to know tall privilege just once in my life

take grown men for piggyback rides and toss cars and poo poo :krad:

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com
hope you like eating boiled rat, op. b/c that's all they got over there for meat.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
well OP since you're plat they're gonna need to poke around inside you skull; see what make you such an awesome poster.

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe
enjoy all the kimchi and rape.

but especially the rape.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
Start with China and work your way into NK that way.

• Locked thread