Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a narcissist?
Yes
No
Maybe
View Results

• Locked thread
paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
well that and supporting the spartan occupation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Costello Jello
Oct 24, 2003

It had to start somewhere
No, this is dumb. The reason the averages have changed is not because there are more true narcissists, but because more parents coddled their kids and told them they were always great instead of the average little shits they really were.

I didn't read this thread to see if anyone else said this already because my mom told me I was better than you.

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007

Inferior Third Season posted:

Oh my God, a 12.2% jump of a nebulously defined parameter over a 26 year span, and plotted in a purposefully misleading manner. Better start making bold proclamations about the psychological state of millions of people.

But but... look at that SPIKE!

SWEET JESUS THAT'S loving STEEP

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
im a bougie nintendo baby who doesnt care about a hard days work and have opinions about what the world owes me. and i vote.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
decadence, yo

Costello Jello
Oct 24, 2003

Baby boomers are the worst generation, and they just keep getting worse because almost everyone becomes a shittier person when they get really old.

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
i work hard to be kind and caring where it is needed

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

DiHK posted:

Some poo poo rear end local news program said that Millennials now count for folks up to age 36. I used to count for a tail end gen Xer. This is utter bullshit. loving vainglorious turds need to keep their jam covered hands off my loving identity. :getout:

im sorry theres no such thing as a millenial who likely got blown while george h w was in office

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Costello Jello posted:

Baby boomers are the worst generation, and they just keep getting worse because almost everyone becomes a shittier person when they get really old.

logans run was a utopia

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i think the silent generation is actually the worst

its like an entire demographic of fat guys in stained tank tops sitting on the couch with a beer getting insanely furious at the news

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
Narcissus was a Roman athlete, likely a wrestler, from the 2nd century AD. He is best known to history as the assassin of the Roman Emperor Commodus, by whom he was employed as a wrestling partner, and personal trainer in order to train Commodus for his self-indulgent appearances in the Colosseum as a gladiator. In the year 192 AD he was recruited by several senators, led by Praetorian prefect Quintus Aemilius Laetus, to assassinate the emperor.
On December 31 of that same year, Commodus's concubine and conspirator Marcia admitted Narcissus into Commodus's bedchamber. Commodus was supposedly in a drunken stupor after Marcia had poisoned him and Narcissus proceeded to strangle his master in his bathtub or, according to Herodian, in his bed.

gorki
Aug 9, 2014

Avalanche posted:

But but... look at that SPIKE!

SWEET JESUS THAT'S loving STEEP

standard weapon of the powerpoint assassin imo

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I'm in a glass house and I throw stones because

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

shiksa posted:

im sorry theres no such thing as a millenial who likely got blown while george h w was in office

No poo poo.

I didn't get a bj till clinton's first term, but I did get stoned/drunk while watching the first Iraq war. P sure I am still not a loving millennial.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Ron Paul Hype Man posted:

Narcissus was a Roman athlete, likely a wrestler, from the 2nd century AD. He is best known to history as the assassin of the Roman Emperor Commodus, by whom he was employed as a wrestling partner, and personal trainer in order to train Commodus for his self-indulgent appearances in the Colosseum as a gladiator. In the year 192 AD he was recruited by several senators, led by Praetorian prefect Quintus Aemilius Laetus, to assassinate the emperor.
On December 31 of that same year, Commodus's concubine and conspirator Marcia admitted Narcissus into Commodus's bedchamber. Commodus was supposedly in a drunken stupor after Marcia had poisoned him and Narcissus proceeded to strangle his master in his bathtub or, according to Herodian, in his bed.
You'd think he could have just gotten a choke in their wrestling practice sessions and not let go, seems a lot less convoluted than poisoning.

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth

paranoid randroid posted:

i think the silent generation is actually the worst

its like an entire demographic of fat guys in stained tank tops sitting on the couch with a beer getting insanely furious at the news

my grandpa was insanely cool cause he somehow worked full time and cleaned and cooked when he was home. my grandmother literally did nothing but look pretty all day lol.

my depressed druggy mother always complained how her life wasn't like that and im like uhh i dont think that's possible anymore!

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

it would be cool to make the relative amount of money a person made at a technical job in 1960 but still be single

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
actually upon googling the term i found that silent generation refers to the depression era folks and NOT the awkward half-geneartion between the boomers and their parents. so it is not the silent generation that sucks.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

THS posted:

it would be cool to make the relative amount of money a person made at a technical job in 1960 but still be single
What would that be in today's wages?

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

ArbitraryC posted:

enough to buy a house and raise three kids and not have the wife work but not have the wife or kids

idk im not a social scientist (scientologist)

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

ArbitraryC posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l91ISfcuzDw

Costello Jello
Oct 24, 2003

I like how modern medicine has extended life for almost all diseases, including heart disease, so now we all get to die a horrible death of cancer.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
it's cool that
lol if
yeah, because

Costello Jello
Oct 24, 2003

lol if your post gets immediately followed by dorks

Ghaz
Nov 19, 2004

only 90s kids will remember this :laugh:

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

THS posted:

enough to buy a house and raise three kids and not have the wife work but not have the wife or kids

idk im not a social scientist (scientologist)

haha i love u

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

paranoid randroid posted:

actually upon googling the term i found that silent generation refers to the depression era folks and NOT the awkward half-geneartion between the boomers and their parents. so it is not the silent generation that sucks.

actually the silent generation is still poo poo because they're pretty much these people

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
like say what you will about millennials, but at least we aren't a bunch of insanely racist white ppl

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

420DD Butts posted:

actually the silent generation is still poo poo because they're pretty much these people

that's just southerners, generation's irrelevant. well, maybe millenial white southerners are less poo poo, but doubtful. the people a generation before them were burning black people at the stake, blinding them and cutting their fingers and hands off for fun. they made postcards and everything

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Smith_%28lynching_victim%29

i'm the 'justice'

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

420DD Butts posted:

Sometimes after hearing so many "sounds like communism to me" jokes you forget that people actually said stuff in the past that we use as a parody now.

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
in the history books it will just say whatever the bastard generation before millenials are called caught the brunt of the internet

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

ArbitraryC posted:

Sometimes after hearing so many "sounds like communism to me" jokes you forget that people actually said stuff in the past that we use as a parody now.

who's calling it parody? pretty soon obama's gonna promote himself to generalissimo and assume dictator powers, that's common knowledge

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
the words 'unfiltered' and 'damaging' and 'goatman' will be used. there will be period-rpgs and noir fiction

hovis rock
Mar 2, 2005
Im not a narcissist im just better than everyonr else!!!!!!!!!!!! lol :P

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Stoic Commie posted:

the words 'unfiltered' and 'damaging' and 'goatman' will be used. there will be period-rpgs and noir fiction

i multiclassed into autistic

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Stoic Commie posted:

homestuck is the greatest literary work of our age

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Generation X's response to the issue.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

ArbitraryC posted:

Only if you're white

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

420DD Butts posted:

just look at all those glorious purebreds

• Locked thread