Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
do you regret your purchase? is there any good reason to own an ipad? do you ever use it for anything productive/work? or is it just an expensive outlet for your blatant and mindless consumerism so you can play candy crush?

tia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
so basically you're poor

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
no mines stolen

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
it's great, would buy again

Miss Cheggs
Mar 22, 2007

i literally won my by filling out a mandatory survey at work but if i could go back to the time before i had one? i probably wouldn't buy it

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

i can never find a use for tablets. i use my phone for portable web browsing and whatever and if i need to do real things, i have a laptop

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

i;m gay

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

how about :

why do you somehow not think you look like a total idiot when you're using it to take a picture?

e:

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i have a chromebook

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Dr. Eldarion posted:

how about :

why do you somehow not think you look like a total idiot when you're using it to take a picture?

this is definitely tru and i am astounded i see people do this when i go to a celtics or sox game

just like

not an appropriate place to bring a tablet

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
lol a 3g phone hahaha

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i got one for free from work and i never use it. i dont really have any use for something in between a laptop and a phone

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Lichy posted:

do you regret your purchase? is there any good reason to own an ipad? do you ever use it for anything productive/work? or is it just an expensive outlet for your blatant and mindless consumerism so you can play candy crush?

tia

reminder that op lives in Russia and is desperately trying to get out of the country
good luck with that

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
i mean i can somewhat see the appeal of the new mini models as a sort of a portable notebook(but then why would you use it instead of an actual notebook in, for example, a lab, where stuff can get spilled and your fingers are covered in acid/alkali/toxic poo poo all the time), but why anyone would get the full size version is absolutely beyond me

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

with the larger iphones coming out, i think people will land on phablets as their non-laptop devices

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Lichy posted:

i mean i can somewhat see the appeal of the new mini models as a sort of a portable notebook(but then why would you use it instead of an actual notebook in, for example, a lab, where stuff can get spilled and your fingers are covered in acid/alkali/toxic poo poo all the time), but why anyone would get the full size version is absolutely beyond me

old people

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Lichy posted:

mom

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

LifeSizePotato posted:

with the larger iphones coming out, i think people will land on phablets as their non-laptop devices

ya i got a lg g3 w a 5.5 inch screen and its pretty dong

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
You see when you're v rich you have to spend money or else the economy goes stagnant because so few hold such a large percentage of the cash. If I were to stop buying iPads, bad dragons, and warhammer men the whole world economy would grind to a halt.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

yeah my phones p big and i think im covered as far as needing a touchscreen device. not much point in going bigger

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
i pads are cool the y are expensive and cool people use them

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
the commercials are really hip

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
and then people try to introduce ipad based classes in schools for kids, like there was an ipad band performance in a private school in an english town where i lived, and just the concept of buying several hundred pound devices to let children tap them for music absolutely kills me

they also sounded loving awful

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
My mom took an ipad class at the Apple Store at the mall.

I was mortified.

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
I want everyhting I have on my iPnone, but just 4 or so times bigger, with all the same apps, for no reason.

Am I unhappy I have what is actually just a large iPhone, which I already own anyway, and now have the same apps twice, just some of them larger for no good reason?

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
ipads are cool because mac invented tablet computers

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Rocks posted:

i;m gay

same

Wolfman Nards
Apr 5, 2011

LifeSizePotato posted:

i can never find a use for tablets. i use my phone for portable web browsing and whatever and if i need to do real things, i have a laptop

you can do all your laptop poo poo too except anything with microsoft office, photo, video or audio editing, and use a fraction of the electricity to do it. even then, you can at least start some projects and then finish it on a real computer.

and wait for anroid L and the new nexuses to come out before purchasing a tablet. i'm not going to tell you to buy AAPL products. go to yospos for that

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Wolfman Nards posted:

you can do all your laptop poo poo too except anything with microsoft office, photo, video or audio editing, and use a fraction of the electricity to do it. even then, you can at least start some projects and then finish it on a real computer.

and wait for anroid L and the new nexuses to come out before purchasing a tablet. i'm not going to tell you to buy AAPL products. go to yospos for that

im not really sure the miniscule difference in electricity consumption justifies the large supply chain required to construct an ipad especially in light of the restrictions on what you can do mentioned

also foxconn

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
I like my ipad and my iPhone, I had an android once and it sucked balls

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

jackyl posted:

youre gay

Kelfeftaf
Sep 9, 2011
No. It's great for reading books.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

jackyl posted:

THS posted:

youre gay

Think Thin!
Sep 17, 2006
they're p. good for books i pdf

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

THS posted:

youre gay

No androids are gay and also poo poo

Wolfman Nards
Apr 5, 2011

a starwar betamax posted:

ipads are cool because mac invented tablet computers

thought that was lenovo because i remember it being a big deal during the 2010 or '11 CES, but wikipedia says it was the Archos 5 in 2009 and iPad didn't come out until 2010. ipads are nice though, don't get me wrong, but so are SD card slots

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

jackyl posted:

No androids are gay and also poo poo

try a windows phone it owns

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

THS posted:

I could get behind that

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

THS posted:

actually i suppose if you were to somehow demolish the ipad's ios and put windows 7 on it instead it would be pretty useful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
iMgay

• Locked thread