Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
Luca Jaeger - HP 29/29 | ER: 38%

"Ha ha, that's funny. No it isn't." Luca frowns. "Right, back to the archives, then."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devilmaydry
Sep 3, 2012

I only take special jobs, if you know what I mean.
Scene 1A: Orientation Location: The International University of Enviornmental Information
Ra’id “Ex Machina” Belcry, Luca “Finding Truths” Jaegar, Eadan “Cleena” Callaghan

With that, the orientation has ended and each person goes there seperate way to investigate "Red Eyes", or any other issue that they might deem important...

Alright, 1A has essentially ended and your next post should be in a different scene, either seperate or together. Make either an Info or Knowledge roll that seems applicable in IRC and I'll point you in a direction that makes sense. Depending on your roll, of course.

"I just wanted to make sure we're on the same page here... I won't lie here, I got some dangerous acquaintances right now so having an overed like you and Mitsue'll be helpful for keeping me in the know and them in check. Anyway, I need to go now. Your driver should be there soon."

With that, Shotaro hang up and left Sofia to wait. A few minutes later Mitsue enters the parking lot on her motorcycle. She can't shake the feeling she was followed by Jan, but she lost track of her renegade student while she was driving...

Jan, Josephine, and Mitsue can enter the scene however they want now. Don't forget to increase your encroach again though!

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
Luca Jaeger - HP 29/29 | ER: 38->48%

"Right, time stops, high speed, artifacts in any way involving the renegade...should be a reasonable parameter set."

[18:26:11] Knowledge Roll (Mind) for where to go next...
<Davin_Valkri> !r 7xx10
[18:26:12] <Krysmbot> Davin_Valkri, (10, 9 7 6 6 6 6)(5) = 15
[18:27:25] <Davin_Valkri> As for Encroach
[18:27:29] <Davin_Valkri> !r 1d10
[18:27:40] <Krysmbot> Davin_Valkri, 10 = 10

"So if this...'impulse' works as I understand it does, then Red Eyes can't be acting alone...someone else must be doing the...time stopping...hum...I need to see these corpses myself. Where are the victims being held...the morgue here, okay. Need to go there."

Davin Valkri fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Sep 18, 2014

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Cleena ER: 39% -> 44%

"That sounds better than what I had in mind," Cleena comments. "We should hurry! You never know how long you have before someone dumps the thing in the river."

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Jan "TigerMAX" Smith - HP: 34/34 E: 39% -> 41%

Hopping on a motorcycle might have stopped a normal student, or even a normal Overed, but not TigerMAX, the Hero of Justice! A motocycle is bound to the road, but Jan's fixed-gear is a tool of justice and flimsy bonds such as gravity and reason strain and snap when tested by a hero of her caliber. She pumps the pedals and rides straight on at a wall--and rides right on up, straight to the top. From rooftop to rooftop, she tails the shady teacher, texting directions to Josephine along the way.

Jojo!
She totally tried to ditch me!
That's a total baddie move.

She's heading towards Kariya Central Park now, I think.

Normally, a Hero would shy away from such an unherolike behavior as bike-riding from rooftop to rooftop and texting. But being a Hanuman, it wasn't all that hard and she was in pursuit of a baddie, so it was important.

Finally, she arrives at the park and stashes her bike, ready to pursue the mysterious Ms. Mitsue Hasegawa. As soon as Josephine arrives.

Gained 2 encroach.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Mitsue "Schwarzschild" Hasegawa - ER: 32 -> 35%

Ugh. Mitsue thought she made a clean getaway out of school with her bike, but Smith is drat relentless. Still, no way that kid could have caught up with her in the highway. This vespa of hers is too good to lose to some highschool girl. That's a promise.

"Oi, oi, oi!"

After flying across the streets in record-breaking speeds, she turns her bike to the side the moment she enters the parking lot. Her bike goes too fast for regular brakes to do any good. Instead, she plants a Chimera-enhanced boot against the ground, skidding wildly across the asphalt until she stops right next to her client.

Mitsue checks her watch. Thirty minutes since she left. Right on time, then.

"Heya." She says, taking off her helmet and giving the lady a wink. "Guess I'm drivin' ya around for today."

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
Sofia "Catalyst" Liu-Vostrokova HP: 29/29 | ER: 38

Sofia watches her guide arrive, noting the aggressive deceleration. She doesn't flinch even as Mitsue pulls up close.

"Just so." She bows slightly. "I am Sofia Liu-Vostrokova, known as Catalyst. Nice to meet you." She walks over to the bike. "Chimera? I would assume that or Black Dog biomechanical enhancement, given the stresses you put on your foot without apparent damage."

"We should begin immediately. I wish to get ahead of events if possible."

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
Josephine "Steel Nerves" Wainwright HP: 31/31 ER: 36->43

I'll meet you there.
Don't do anything until I get there.

Something weird's going on here. Josephine saw the two of them roar out of the parking lot, and it doesn't matter how fast Jan pedals, there's no way in hell that she could keep up with that motorcycle. Not when she gets onto the main roads and can really let loose. Could be a set-up... if Jan was in any way the kind of person who would set up a trap in the first place. She's just an enthusiastic fourteen-year-old, not some kind of mastermind. An enthusiastic fourteen-year-old that can keep up with a motorcycle on a fixed-gear...

No, no, no. Josephine can't keep focusing on that. Not right now. She can just ask later. Right now, she just needs to call a cab.

---
The cab driver looked like he had a million questions when he pulled up. A wad of yen made sure he never asked them. This trip is strictly business and Josephine would like to keep it that way. He picks her up at the school and drops her off a block away from Central Park. No asking why a student like her is out of class. No sidelong looks at her arms. No wondering why she cringes at every intersection. Strictly business, nothing personal. All Josephine can do now is buckle her seatbelt and hope she doesn't miss anything important...

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Mitsue "Schwarzschild" Hasegawa - ER: 35%

"One of those, yeah." Mitsue pops off a spare helmet from the back of the bike's seat and hands it over to Sofia. "Just call me Mitsue. Pretty sure the boss already handed you my profile, so..."

She revs up the engine again.

"Where ya wanna go?" Mitsue edges forward, to give room for Sofia to sit behind her. This Vespa fits only one and a half people, and barely at that. "Sorry, been meaning to get a new bike."

devilmaydry
Sep 3, 2012

Scene 2A: Investigation Location: The International University of Enviornmental Information
Luca “Finding Truths” Jaegar, Eadan “Cleena” Callaghan

As you two approach the morgue, found in a special clinic behind 7 different kinds of access points of varying security levels in a restricted part of the university, the morgue doors open and you see a young girl leave. You almost bump into each other, in fact.

"Excuse me." With that, she takes a hurried bow and rushes towards the exit of the morgue.

You can make out a terrible shredded corpse on a open table. It looks like it's the latest victim of these killings. You can't seem to find the mortician anywhere, though.

You'll have to get closer to examine the body.

Scene 1C: Just Business Location: Kariya Central Park
Sofia "Catalyst" Liu-Vostrokova, Jan "TigerMAX" Smith, Josephine "Steel Nerves" Wainwright, Mitsue "Schwarzschild" Hasegawa

With Sofia and Mitsue together, it was time for them to get underway and introduce Sofia to the Kariya underworld

All you guys need to do is roll to find info about a good place to gather information about what's happening in Kariya. The term "Just Business" makes sense so the scene won't change, just the location. Alternatively, you could discuss where to go for a bit so Josephine can catch up, or try to locate Jan.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Jan "TigerMAX" Smith - HP: 34/34 E: 41%

Wait, what? Chimaera? Black Dog? But those are Syndromes--does this mean that Hasegawa-sensei is an Overed? Whatever is going on, Jan Smith is in over her head, so TigerMAX has to step up! She straps on a bright red pair of diving goggles and a domino mask to disguise her face. Holding her phone out, she weighs her options. Things are getting tense, she fires off a message.

Hey, Jojo

Can I trust you?

Strange how Jan in her mask and goggles looks like she has red eyes...

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Josephine "Steel Nerves" Wainwright HP: 31/31 ER: 43%

First Jan follows Ms Hasegawa all the way to the park, even though she should have been left in the dust. Then she starts asking about trust. What is her game? It must be serious, if she's asking her about it now. But it can't be serious, because this is Jan we're talking. "Three's Company fangirl" Jan. "Air guitars along with the radio" Jan. This is not someone who keeps secrets. But now she's asking if she could share her secrets with Josephine, and that's a scary thought. But for now, all she can do is answer the text and wait for the taxi to go the last few blocks...

Why wouldn't you trust me?

(Josephine wishes she could say yes. She really does. Trust is just the only thing a Wainwright can't afford.)

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Luca Jaeger - HP 29/29 | ER: 38->48%

Unfortunately, Luca's Renegade-powered brainpower doesn't extend to his hearing. He's nearly bowled over by the--third? Is she seriously the third?!--hyperactive young woman he's seen all day! "Hey!" he calls out in a stereotype old man voice. Then he sighs and pushes open the morgue door. "Let's just get on with it. I'll find his personal effects, so would see if the mortician left any notes before we do our own analysis?"

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Cleena ER: 44%

Cleena has little such trouble managing to dodge the young woman.

"Of course! I'll handle the electronics." She walks over to the nearest computer and cocks her head as she mulls through the files with her renegade. "Paper records should be around here somewhere, but I imagine it should all be on one of these."

Using electronics master.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Well, you know, we're following baddies. Gotta know that you've got my back and stuff.

Jan takes out the last part of her costume--a crescent moon patch to disguise her jacket, covering up the NO MOON lettering. She sighs, trying to not let the excitement overtake her as she waits for Josephine.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Luca Jaeger - HP 29/29 | ER: 48%

"Good eyes. Now, his effects should be in a locker near the body..."

And I will use Ultimate Appraisal, possibly combined with Profiling, to make my own conclusions.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Ohhh. Of course that's what she meant. That's a load off her back. Josephine can't help but smile as she replies.

Wouldn't be following you if I didn't have your back.

Cab's stopping. I'm almost there.

---

Josephine rubs her arms as she steps into the cold December air, out of habit more than anything. Now she's just got to find Jan and... Okay, her bike's there... Which means Jan is over there... whichmeansHasegawaisoverthereohshitohshit

imhere

Josephine waves in Jan's general direction from the shrub she's dived behind. She doesn't actually have her phone out, but she probably just shoved it back in her pocket after sending that last text.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

I'll grab you

And with that message, Jan darts out from her hiding spot and grabs Josephine. "Shh, stay quiet, Jojo!" She hushes her, hefting her friend clear off the ground and dashes back into cover.

"That was close. They're just over there--conspiring! And trust me, Jojo, it's serious stuff. That's why I asked if I could trust you, and because now you know my secret." She stands, hands on her hips, showing off her costume; which to be fair is mostly just the red goggles and domino mask with a moon patch for the back of her jacket. "I'm the superhero known far and wide-" She bends her fingers like claws and slashes and kicks about in an obviously-rehearsed manner. "TigerrrrrrrrMAX!" Jan strikes a pose, with one 'claw' held high. "Raised by wolves and then experimented on by aliens only to be bitten by a radioactive Thunder God, TigerMAX is the true Hero of Justice. My roar strikes fear in the hearts of villains everywhere, rawr!"

Jan is sooooo cool. Reminder: This is her theme

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

"Pfffthahaha"

Okay, so she probably shouldn't laugh in Jan's face. But what else could she do? Everything is so tense and then she just goes and does that and it's all so ridiculous and-

Wait. She just laughed out loud next to some sort of secret conspiracy meetup. poo poo.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Sofia "Catalyst" Liu-Vostrokova HP: 29/29 | ER: 38->42

Sofia accepts the spare helmet and begins strapping it on. "It will suffice. My precise destinations are uncertain. Certain apparently unrelated data points and trends I have detected in media and industry reports. I am however not familiar with the area. I am looking, metaphorically speaking, for canaries. The people and places that would provide the first indications of things going wrong. In particular things involving Overeds."

Helmet secured, Sofia climbs onto the bike right behind Mitsue and puts her hands around the courier's waist so she won't fall off. "Also it appears you were followed by some juveniles. It seems likely you know each other, and that you have some level of authority over them. It seems unlikely to be siblings, based on phenotype, unless you are adopted, which I put at a low probability." Sofia tilts her head slightly. "You teach?"

Using Advice on Mitsue for her roll to figure out where to go. Provides +4 dice and -1 Crit.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Mitsue lets out a long-suffering sigh. Can't believe they followed her all the way here.

"Actually, I was adopted. Also, more of a substitute, but close enough for analysis, right?" She knows of these types. Super-genius heads or something. "I had to skip outta detention duty for this."

She raises her voice to anyone else pretty much within earshot.

"AN' I TOLD A PAIR OF GIRLS THAT IF THEY STEPPED OUTTA THE ROOM THEY WEREN'T GONNA GRADUATE TILL THEY'RE FORTY!"

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

"Yeah? Well, we're not the ones who skipped class to meet some ex government spook! Yeah, how about that?" Josephine pushes her way out of the bushes to face the two women head-on, sticks and leaves clinging to her hair. It's nothing but false bravado, like a cat arching it's back, but she's not going to run scared now.

"Yeah, bet you didn't know I heard that little call, did ya?"

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

"You heard my call?" An arch on her eyebrow. "And ya followed me, 'cause..."

There's a few moments of awkward silence.

"GAHAHAHAHAHA!"

...And then Mitsue throws her head back in laughter. Loud, boisterous laughter.

"Hahahaha, you kids watch too many movies." She jerks a thumb at the woman holding on to her waist at the moment. "Yeah, I made that call on short notice. Sofia-chan's got a busy schedule and not a lotta free time. I had to ask someone else about my blind date, you know?"

devilmaydry
Sep 3, 2012

Scene 2A: Investigation Scene: Kariya, The International University of Enviornmental Information, Hidden Morgue

Cleena looks through the morgue files and picks up the morticians report. Some snippets stand out in the abstract near the end, summing up all the technical details.

It looks like the victim had been constantly torn at and gnawed upon while being kept alive due to their natural healing factor. The bite and tear marks throughout the body were done by a human mouth, and slabs of skin had been taken off throughout. Then, an efficient blow to the back of the head pierced the skull and scrambled the brain of the victim.

The mortician had concluded from the savagery of the damage inflicted on an already disabled enemy, combined with the efficient lethal blow, was probably due to extended torture for an unknown goal, an impulse, or a mix of both.

As Finding Truths examines the person's personal effects, he finds wads of cash and a bag full of black pills. A drug dealer perhaps? Aside from that he also finds a cellphone, although it's irreparably broken. If you're lucky their might be some data on it... Maybe tyou could even hack into that phone's account.

The unknown man's clothes are torn to shreds as expected. Finding information on that will be difficult...

Scene 2D: Damage Control Scene: Kariya, The International University of Enviornmental Information, UGN Branch Office
Ra'id Belcry

As Ra'id puzzles over his predicaments, his phone starts ringing. The caller ID identifes the person as Mitsuo Kurashima. He shouldn't even know about this number... even if he did he wouldn't call unless he had good reason to, likely because someone was going to pay him.

What could such a highly skilled back-alley doctor used by so many people on either side of the law be calling you about? Either way, you should probably pick up the phone.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

A heroic laugh rings out across the parking lot. A strange figure tumbles from the bushes and springs to her feet. "Your lies cannot stand up to the light of justice, evildoers, for I am the hero known far and wide, TigerMAX!" Her voice sounds strange and distorted, grand and cosmic, almost musical. She slashes and poses, as she did before, for Josephine. "I've been here the whole time and I know that excuse is as flimsy as the shadows that evil likes to hide in!" she lets out another triumphant hero's laugh, "Ha-ha!" driving her fist into the air. "My sources tell me that you left in the middle of work for a blind date--and that your friend, Sofia-chan is using an alias, Catalyst. That's a total baddie move, she's obviously some kind of villain that you're conspiring with. And..." She makes a show of adjusting her goggles like a hammy TV detective. "She called you a Chimaera. Which means this is all pretty serious, huh?"

She points an accusing finger at the pair, "Reveal your evil plot or face the Claws of Justice, evildoers!"

Yes, when she's TigerMAX, she sounds like Frampton's Talking Guitar.

I Am Fowl fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Sep 20, 2014

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Sofia "Catalyst" Liu-Vostrokova HP: 29/29 | ER: 42

Sofia tilts her head again, considering the scene from a new angle. Then she walks over and slips an arm around Mitsue's waist. "Your students have very active imaginations. 'Spook' is certainly a creative way to describe my former employment. Did you really skip class to meet me? That is sweet of you, but I could have waited if you were busy."

And that's when 'TigerMAX' pops out of the bush. Sofia sighs. "You claim my use of an alias is a signifier of immoral character, but you introduce yourself under one. I think there is a flaw in your reasoning."

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Sep 20, 2014

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
Ex Machina - HP: 32/32 | ER: 33% -> 38%

<Krysmbot> TransientPeople, 5 = 5 / Encroach increases by 5!

"Belcry speaking." The phone hadn't rung twice before Ex Machina had reached forward and picked it up. "Dr. Kurashima. What do you need from the UGN?"

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

"Isn't that just lovely." Cleena wanders over to Luca, a look of disgust plastered on her face. "It says our fellow here was being eaten alive. And skinned. Slowly. I'm curious as to what he did to deserve that." She pulls at her chin anxiously. "Did you manage to find anything?"

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Josephine rubs her temple as Ms Hasegawa explains herself. Guess it's false flags all the way down today. So what if she's dating some rogue Overed? (Probably one of those Neumanns, actually. Sounds just like the boss when he starts explaining things.) She doesn't seem actively scummy, they'll probably get along fine, it's all relatively above-board. Guess she should probably apologize for interrupting. Lord knows it's hard enough to find a date in this town as it is.*

"Alright, I guess I overreacted. Just stay out of UGN business, alright? It's not something you want to get involved in." Josephine steps forward to shake her teacher's hand...

Then Jan starts talking in a guitar's voice. Could be an autotune app, could be Hanuman poo poo. Hanuman would explain how she kept up with Ms Hasegawa, at least. And now she's yelling about aliases and threatening her teacher while it's still obviously her and it's all so dumb and-wait, did Jan just say Ms Ex-UGN called Ms Hasegawa a Chimera? God drat it.

"Oh I'm going to have to lie so much on this week's report..." Josephine groans and cradles her head in her hands.

(*Josephine's opinions on the Kariya dating scene may be colored by all the creepy otaku who think cyborgs and limbless girls are hot.)

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

"Unfortunate, but not unexpected," Luca mutters as he goes through the locker with a stolen pair of plastic gloves. "My, my, drugs and money...maybe our killer has a sense of justice, only executing his tortures on those they think deserve it...cell phone is...busted...but the SIM card seems...well, we can clone it, so let's take that out..."

He turns to Cleena. "Well," he begins as he holds up the bag of pills. "I have a theory as to why someone would want to torture a man to death. It might have to do with these. You have refined senses, yes? Have you seen...or smelled...these before?"

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

"Or or or - " She snatches the card out of his hand and begins sifting through the data on it. "I could just read it right now and copy it later."

"I can't say I've seen those before, but let me at least get the scent." She grabs the bag of pills in a similarly pushy manner, opens it up, and takes a whiff.

Hound's Nose and Electronics Master.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

"Yeah, Sofia-chan sure said 'chimera'." Mitsue raises an eyebrow at Jan (though doesn't mind the Russian getting cozy at all). "Why's that so important to you?"

Mitama fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Sep 21, 2014

devilmaydry
Sep 3, 2012

Scene 2A: Investigation Scene: Kariya, The International University of Enviornmental Information, Hidden Morgue

"Those pills are a drug called Black Abyss. There's millions of yen worth of the stuff in that bag. They're powerful renegade stimulants."

It was then that someone new entered the morgue. "Did anyone ever tell you not to rifle through people's stuff?"

As Cleena pokes through the phone's remaining data she learns the users name had been Sawao Hasekura. She also is able to find info on the person's last few calls... one that sticks out as the last call made is to someone Sawao had listed as Captain. It looks like you now have this "captain"'s phone number, whoever they are.

"This Ra'id Belcry? I got told by my patient to call you and tell you that 'Dragon Breath has something important to tell you'. She's pretty banged up though. She's sleeping right now... So do you wanna transfer her to someplace else or come here and talk to her? I finished treating the most serious injuries but she won't be able to move around much for a month, at least."

devilmaydry fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Sep 22, 2014

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

"Um...Well..." TigerMAX's indecision sounds strange through the talkbox effect and she scratches her head. "She said, 'You musta been a Chimaera or a Black Dog to stop like that, or else your ankle vould have gone kablooey!' and then you said 'Yeah, something like that, also, I am up to no good!' " She imitates the ne'er-do-wells with the shocking accuracy of her Hanuman heritage. Pointing a finger at the two, she declares, "That means this is serious! An Overed is like a living tank so when one turns their powers to evil purposes it is always the concern of the heroes like TigerMAX! So, what was it really that was so important that drew you away from your duties as an educator and who is this woman?" She strikes another pose. "Tell me, or I'll be forced to use...force!"

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

"All the time," Cleena quips back with a smile. "Who might you be?"

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Okay, that's a lot of drug money here, Luca thinks. Either the drug's freakishly uncommon (likely) or there's a ton of demand for specialist renegade drugs (less likely). Sawao Hasekura..."Captain"...Yakuza? Were they into drug trafficking? He turns and suddenly notices someone dressed as a morgue doctor storm into the room in a huff. "Probably the mortician, or his assistant," he says in a stage whisper to Cleena. "I'm guessing you and your department are confused about the recent rash of killings in this fashion?"

Davin Valkri fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Sep 22, 2014

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Sofia raises an eyebrow at 'TigerMAX.'

"So you know about Overeds. And you mimicked our voices perfectly. Hanuman, then. And something else. Tiger - Chimera? Yes, that would fit. And your friend must be an Overed as well if you're speaking so openly." Sofia nods to herself. "My name is Sofia Liu-Vostrokova. I have no wish to fight you. I would, actually, like to have your input on certain things. For certain reasons, I think that potentially troublesome events may occur here in the near future. If I find out more, I may be able to determine their nature and help minimize any damage. In return, I will answer those question I am able to without endangering others."

She turns to Mitsue. "If you will allow, we can begin here then. I wish to find out more about Overeds in this city and now I have three locals immediately available. But not out here of course. Is there somewhere we can have privacy and also get something to eat or drink? It would be preferable to standing where anyone could hear us."

Sofia looks around as she speaks, just to make sure no one is staring too openly. "Besides, unless things are done differently in Japan, you are supposed to buy someone you ask out something nice for your first meal together."

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

"I am?"

A beat passes. Mitsue clears her throat.

"Oh! Oh yeah, I'm totally on top of that. Right. Yep. Ahem."

After a moment to reassess the kids (two Overeds in her class?), she narrows her eyes on them again. "Looks like you girls just got lucky. How about we forget about school for today, then? I'll treat y'all to Moa Burger, and we'll be right glad to talk 'bout all our 'evil plots'. At length."

Mitama fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Sep 22, 2014

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

"Not all of them. They seem a little young for that," Sofia deadpans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

"That's right! You got it in one!" Jan claps enthusiastically. "She's pretty sharp, huh, Jojo. I didn't even know that you were an Overed, that's amazing!" Beat. "Wait, are you an Overed, Jojo?"

• Locked thread