Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
Luca Jaeger - HP 29/29 | ER: 83%

That touches a nerve!

"I'm still human, you stupid gently caress!" Luca shouts in annoyance. "Just...a bit of a weird human! And the only reason I'm here right now is because some idiot kid blew out my eardrums!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Mitsue "Schwarzschild" Hasegawa - ER: 74%

"Can't say the same for myself, I guess." Mitsue shrugs, then turns at the intruders.

"If you're not with Kamishiro, what y'all doing here?" This whole thing isn't quite part of her job, but she would rather not let these kids hurt her employer if possible.

devilmaydry
Sep 3, 2012

I only take special jobs, if you know what I mean.
Scene 4A: The Burden of Demons Scene: Kamishiro Building, Top Spire
Luca “Finding Truths” Jaegar, Mitsue "Schwarzschild" Hasegawa

"How are you human Mr. Man in Black? Genetically, do you think you count as human? Culturally? The things humans make can't do poo poo to an overed, so all of us don't take human threats nearly as seriously. You might be closer than me but you still aren't really human."

"Are you done entertaining these two, Mr. Wagner?" A young girl wearing a peculiar necklace says as she steps onto the rooftop through a new dimensional gate.

"Oh! Is playtime over?" The young girl said as she got up. George stays on the ground though, keeping his eyes on the two overeds.

"You two wanna run along now or are you gonna stick around?" George says. The air around him starts becoming more and more menacing for some undiscernable reason.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD

Luca taps his gun. "Yes, and yes, and I've got this here." He watches the girl with the necklace come in with a raised eyebrow. Some half-remembered history lessons come in. "And what're you working on with Planner over there?" Maybe it's his newness, or just his attitude, but the oldest Renegade on the block doesn't scare him too obviously. "Is this some kind of ten thousand eight hundred year old conspiracy? Do I have to run you all in?"

Davin Valkri fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Dec 5, 2014

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Mitsue "Schwarzschild" Hasegawa - ER: 74%

"I actually agree with Yankee here." Mitsue says, clearly unable to tell blonde people apart. "Buncha dumb kids playing adults, can't even answer why they're here and why I shouldn't run them through."

devilmaydry
Sep 3, 2012

I only take special jobs, if you know what I mean.
Scene 4A: The Burden of Demons Scene: Kamishiro Building, Top Spire
Luca “Finding Truths” Jaegar, Mitsue "Schwarzschild" Hasegawa

"Alright, LET'S START!" The young man shouts savagely. Both Mitsue and Luca suddenly feel like they're next to a giant beast, ready to kill them in an instant. Then, a burst of pure darkness surrounds him and explodes outward, hitting both Luca and Mitsue with such force as to send them unconcious.
Ra'id "Ex Machina" Belcry, Josephine "Steel Nerves" Wainwright, Sofia "Catalyst" Liu-Vostrokova, Jan "TigerMAX" Smith, Eadan “Cleena” Callaghan

Event in Oblivion

From the top of the Kamashiro Building, all of you see an explosion of black lightning. At the same time, a dark sphere extends out, surrounding the building as it crumbles as well as the surrounding area.

Strangely, you can't hear such a gigantic building collapse in on itself, until that darkness goes through the Dimension Gate at the top of the building. Then, it begins to cover the entire city of Kariya. As you find yourself engulfed in it, the sky goes dark with the only source of brightness left being the sun.

That's when you hear the deafening sound of the building crumbling... It's also when a strange feeling of something irreversible beginning hits you...

There is a deafening silence, the sound of the city or the wind has stopped completely. the only one that breaks it is Ordnance.

"So it begins." She says with a slight tinge of sadness.

I should add that all non-overeds in the city, including inanimate things, are completely frozen in place

devilmaydry fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Jan 17, 2015

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Jan "TigerMAX" Smith - HP: 34/34 E: 76%

OwlJan doesn't make it halfway home before that strangeness overtakes the city. She falls from flight, not from a blast, but because the wrongness of it has caught her so off-balance. She bounces once, twice, and lands as Jan once more to watch unearthly lightning erupt from the Kamashiro building, its collapse, quiet as a nightmare. The obsidian sphere, exploding from it, consuming all but the Sun. When it comes for Jan; fast, far too fast--she scrambles backwards on her hands and feet, wishing desperately for her father's speed as she tries to regain her footing. It overtakes her, she holds her breath--and nothing happens. "Holy moley," she sighs, beathing heavily, leaning up against a lampost. She sends a quick text to Josephine once she's caught her breath.

pre:
Hey JoJo--u c that crazy blk thing that ate the city?

Oh, and a voice in my head said red eyes wants them to back off? idk ttyl
And then she turned into a sparrow and flew towards what used to be the Kamashiro building.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

"Wait, let's start wha--THE HELL?! AAAAAAGH!"

Luca doesn't even have time to get his hand down to his holster before he goes down like a flour sack.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
Josephine "Steel Nerves" Wainwright HP: 2/31 ER: 54%

"Oh poo poo." Josephine reaches out into EM frequencies and... there's nothing. No one's calling the police, no one's texting family members, there's not even background static. There's just nothing. Which means there's no systems she can piggyback her messages through, which means she can't contact anyone who isn't already right here. That would be fine if a building didn't just blow up right in front of them with people on top of it. That makes things complicated. Yeah, complicated. Let's go with that.

"Machina, you better know what the hell just happened." Her eyes dart between Ra'id and the wrecked building. She should go. She should be going over there right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
Sofia "Catalyst" Liu-Vostrokova HP: 5/29 | ER: 84

Sofia doesn't wait for explanations. She starts heading for the damaged building immediately.

• Locked thread