Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
We definitely should have cut him, another instance of John Harbaugh being loyal to an idiotic fault.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Santheb posted:

Ravens fan from work when asked on this:

"That bitch probably deserved it."

She's a woman.

Conclusion: Ravens fans are about as awful as their shithole city.

Hope he gets his case re-opened or cut from the Ravens or something. This guy doesn't deserve to play football anymore.

Like your loathsome fanbase is so much better.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Codependent Poster posted:

ESPN has a blurb by Lester Munson on the page about this saying that prosecutors nor the NFL can punish Rice more than they have for this.

So the league can't extend his suspension or anything, because they'd get sued and lose.

The Ravens could cut him, but I don't know if they could suspend him or anything.

We should do whatever we can to ensure he never plays another down for this team. Even if that means taking a nasty cap hit.

We should pretty much Chris Benoit him for a while.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Kirios posted:

I'm sorry Kawalimus but as long as Ray Rice is celebrated and playing for the Ravens I'm going to root for them to lose every game. It's insulting that he's being supported the way he is by the team (Less so the fans, fans are dumb and will cheer for a rapist as long as he wins football games).

lol I don't really blame you. If I were a new non-baltimore fan right now I wouldn't cheer for them either, but they're still my team and they were there before Rice and they will be after Rice, which is hopefully soon. But I don't mind who cheers for or against the Ravens for any reason it doesn't bother me any.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I hope Ray Lewis comes out and tells the Ravens they need to get rid of him.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Kirios posted:

I just hope the Ravens do the right thing and punish him properly, or cut his rear end after the season. Ravens fans don't deserve having to root for a team that employs a man like this.

I wouldn't go that far as there's lots of Ravens fans like myself really disgusted by it all. But I wouldn't object to even some sort of punishment to the Ravens if they don't do anything as an organization, even if it just means putting Rice on IR or some crap like that. Just like I said make sure he never plays or is associated with the team again. Chris Benoit him.

I just can't believe the NFL didn't do more than what they did having seen this video. Did they think this would never come out or something?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

FeedingHam2Cats posted:

You want them to hang him??

No in WWE they basically never mention him and pretty much pretend he never existed. That's what we need to do here.

Sorry if that came out unclear I forget that not everyone follows that.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Kirios posted:

I don't know if you guys are being completely serious or not, but he meant he wants the Ravens to completely ignore any existence of him.

Still, it's probably not the best comparison to make.

It's the best thing I can think of. When the Benoit thing first happened WWE did a sort of tribute show to him like they did with Eddie Guerrero. THen when more details came out Vince McMahon came on the air and said "we're sorry about that, we will never mention that man's name on the air again" and that was that. We basically need Bisciotti and/or Harbaugh to do that with us and this situation.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Also come and encourage fans to not wear Ray Rice jerseys to games or in public.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

OneWhoKnows posted:

49ers release LaMichael James - I wonder if Baltimore gave him a call?

Our Superbowl hero. drat right I want him here.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

See I told you so about John Harbaugh.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I still say the worst thing the Ravens organization has ever done is steal that guy's logo.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

FuzzySkinner posted:

Baltimore could have likely have had the franchise that was awarded to Jacksonville, if not for one man...

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/1993-12-01/sports/1993335145_1_david-modell-lerner-art-modell

A reminder that Modell is a POS.

Baltimore was never getting awarded an expansion franchise. Made no sense to put one there.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Because..?

People in Baltimore forget this and it is incredibly infuriating.

Well like it says there 26 of 28 owners were against it not just Modell. The Colts got really bad support in their last years though you can't blame the fans since Irsay was a horrible owner and person. And Baltimore is a small city stuck right in the middle of three of the biggest football markets there were, the Eagles, Steelers, and Redskins. In a generation or so the whole Baltimore market would have been swallowed up by those three. If I weren't biased I would 100% vote against putting a team back in Baltimore.

Remember Paul Tagliabue telling us to take our money and build a museum. They were not putting a team here, period.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

FuzzySkinner posted:

Yep, and he told Al Lerner to not bother with it any more. (He would have been the owner of the future Baltimore franchise).

Al Lerner also helped fiance the move out of Cleveland. He wound up the owner of the "New" Browns in 1998.

e: Could be fair that there's the possibility of a conspiracy here. Art very clearly wanted that Baltimore Stadium deal for himself though.

Never knew all this! Really interesting stuff. I still would have probably voted against a team in Baltimore if I were an owner.

• Locked thread