Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Parmesan Basil posted:

gently caress the Ravens real loving hard. Suggs is still on the team. Ray Lewis has a loving statue that shoots loving fire. Ray Rice is still on the team. Just drop that whole loving organization into the loving ocean already. I don't know how you can cheer for them in good conscience.

I'm Hitler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Nail Rat posted:

Well they did give him a standing ovation yesterday.

That wasn't yesterday that was at a preseason game or a practice thing or some sort of event many weeks back

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Kirios posted:

I'm sorry Kawalimus but as long as Ray Rice is celebrated and playing for the Ravens I'm going to root for them to lose every game. It's insulting that he's being supported the way he is by the team (Less so the fans, fans are dumb and will cheer for a rapist as long as he wins football games).

Kawalimus is already rooting for them to lose every game so they can draft "star power"

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Codependent Poster posted:

Maybe Ray Lewis will surprise us all and actually shame Rice and the league and team for all this!

He probably will in that godawful sounding hyper dramatic preacher voice he loves to speak in

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Kawalimus posted:

I wouldn't go that far as there's lots of Ravens fans like myself really disgusted by it all. But I wouldn't object to even some sort of punishment to the Ravens if they don't do anything as an organization, even if it just means putting Rice on IR or some crap like that. Just like I said make sure he never plays or is associated with the team again. Chris Benoit him.

You want them to hang him??

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Kawalimus posted:

No in WWE they basically never mention him and pretty much pretend he never existed. That's what we need to do here.

Sorry if that came out unclear I forget that not everyone follows that.

Oh I know, I was being facetious

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Spermy Smurf posted:

Too bad the Ravens play the Steelers next week. I was hoping the fans could really give it to the Ravens.

Instead they'll look like hypocrites since their QB is a rapist.

It's in Baltimore anyway

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

DangerKat posted:

San Francisco also has noted piece of poo poo Chris Cook on the roster.

uh and Perrish Cox

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Jesus, by Peter King standards that's practically "I'm mad as hell, and I'm not gonna take it any more" territory.

Also, what did Chris Cook do? I need another reason to hate on the Niners secondary aside from Perrish Cox.

charged with trying to strangle his girlfriend in 2011

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

three posted:

There are many cultures where women are not considered equal, as well. You don't have to look hard for them.

For example, this one, where it's still common for people to say "she probably had it coming" reflexively

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Wait so Howie is saying she's a piece of poo poo because she married the dude who punched her and knocked her out

it's pretty cool how people are villainizing her for simultaneously being a victim of violence and also for wanting to move past it

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Burger Trench posted:

Wait, what? This is a thing teams have?

The Puppy Bowl posted:

The Ravens are a freakishly religious organization. If you listen to a lot of Harbaugh presses you'll hear about how god is so great to allow for the game of football about once a month. It's really awkward.

Literally every professional sports franchise in the United State of America has one

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

The Puppy Bowl posted:

That doesn't change my perspective. It's cooled off a little since Lewis left but I'd wager that John Harbaugh beats his bible more than any other head coach in the league.

Andy Reid, Marvin Lewis, and Lovie Smith, for example, are big time religious folks and it shows

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

I'm unsurprised

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

cucka posted:

Goodell is hosed, the Ravens are hosed. This is insanity.

What sort of action, precisely, can be taken against the Ravens organization in this instance?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

CharlestheHammer posted:

I don't think so, only because Ray isn't very good.

The relationship he has with the ownership is really baffling.

He had one bad year behind a horrible offensive line and his jersey was a high seller. There was reason to think among the Ravens' organization that he would have a huge bounceback season and make a lot of money for the Ravens. Then all this happened, of course

• Locked thread