Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

Looking forward to seeing this guy unable to walk and drooling on himself in a decade or so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

MJBuddy posted:

I hate Goodell. Oh boy do I.

That said was he actually allowed to do anything here? I thought he was handcuffed by the CBA? Or was that just his excuse?

I think the utter brilliance of the two game suspension (which was we know was almost immediately followed by year long suspension for weed) has pretty much put him into a corner.

I for one am absolutely loving the reaction to this. Even fat old frumpy dudes in my office are talking about it and are pissed, almost no one has been talking about the games yesterday which is great.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
As I understand it ravens fans were simply following the teachings of Our Lord Jesus which indicate one is to be forgiven one's trespasses and also something about not sparing the rod, this whole thing is basically spanking for Jesus but more aggressive.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Belcher's incident was worse but it was also more tragic so you can't expect so much vocal anger about it. Every NFL team has employed comparable to Rice, in fact San Francisco has a Ray McDonald who just did near the exact same thing as Rice. The difference is we have a very upsetting video with Rice so it makes sense for people to be a little more upset.

If details about McDonald's incident are published and he gets a similarly ridiculous treatment from the league/fans/team then I'll probably be even more pissed off than I was about Rice and the Rice thing was enough to kill most of the interest I had in pro football. That being said I don't know what the rest of the NFL fanbase would do, probably nothing.

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I just think it's yet another case of TFF having blinders w/r/t their own team vs any other team, and pointed it out. It was funny to me.

I wasn't making a case for anything else, but several people refused to see any similarity - including a dude that's a lawyer irl (lol). And here we are.

dig UP stupid

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

this is blocked at my work for some reason, what is?

• Locked thread