Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Nail Rat posted:

I don't think so. I'm sure they don't like what he did either(the union) but letting the league suspend him a second time for the same incident sets a legal precedent the union would not want to set.

Hopefully I'm wrong but I don't see the league even trying it for fear of the battle with the union.

I'm pretty sure they can reopen the case in light of new evidence and extend the suspension, thus not making it double jeopardy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dexo posted:

Nope, any lawyer worth there salt would be able to make the argument that the NFL saw that video and thus it's not new evidence. Since there are enough conflicting reports to make it so. Also the fact that they have said what they were told lines up with the events of the video.

Yeah, I was just going off of the assumption that they never saw the video. Obviously his lawyers would contest that, and it sure seems like they'd have a lot of grounds to base that on. But if they hadn't, then I think that gives them the right to reopen the case and not worry about double jeopardy.

• Locked thread