Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Codependent Poster posted:

Maybe Ray Lewis will surprise us all and actually shame Rice and the league and team for all this!
Something something forgiveness in the eyes of God, don't hate the player, hate the crime. I know Ray Rice, he's a good guy, he knows this is terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Nail Rat posted:

They literally can't because they already punished him for this incident. There's no way in hell the CBA doesn't have language against double-jeopardy.
They could. It would put all the pressure on the Union to try and defend its player and his conduct, and that would be a PR nightmare I feel

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Look, my wife already apologized, what more do you want me to say?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Cap wizard

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Abel Wingnut posted:

Rice sue the NFL/team or something else?
Contracts can be terminated at any time for any reason, I'm not sure what his case would be

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Wrap it up boys, justice was served, no need to examine the NFL's policies or anything or speak another word about it. Ray who? Just please watch the NFL on CBS this Thursday featuring an exciting player named Justin Forsett

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

No one is ever sorry about anything until they get caught. And then it's not even an apology about what they did - more so an apology about getting caught. "I'm sorry you saw me do that thing"

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Will Thomas @willthomasfox5 · 23m
From @HarveyLevinTMZ He's promising more coverage that could indicate #NFL cover up. #RayRice #RavensNation More at 10 &11 @fox5newsdc

That's crazy.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Whirlwind Jones posted:

If you listen to the actual interview with the TMZ guy he basically just says that "The NFL knew the video existed but didn't really care to watch it and turned a blind eye" which honestly isn't as egregious as having actually seen the video and then today releasing the statement that the had not.

Sorry but I don't think anyone's gonna get fired because of this.
They claimed to have some other stuff, so we'll see I guess. Not sure if they have someone on record from the police station, the DA, or whomever to say they supplied the NFL with video. Not exactly the greatest smoking gun - maybe they're still working on it.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Are the Ravens going to double down on 'we didnt see this second video'?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Kalli posted:

He made the owners an extra like $5 billion dollars with the last CBA

Is this really because of anything he explicitly did or just the natural curve of growth for the NFL that any empty suit could have generated?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Goodell is a giant piece of poo poo.

We don't know how it's possible for a grown woman to just collapse in an elevator. Maybe she had diabetes and her blood sugar was low. Anything could have happened until that second video was released, and boy howdy, were we as shocked as you. I know Ray dragged her out by her hair - that much we saw - but maybe her body couldn't be touched for reasons that a third video might illuminate us on.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Yep.

BREAKING: AP Source: Law enforcement official sent copy of Ray Rice tape to NFL executive in April

https://twitter.com/AP/status/509806406934204416

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Bigass Moth posted:

I can not fathom how the NFL thought this would never get out.
My extreme sense of jadedness describes it will go down like this: Unnamed Exec will fall on sword for indeterminate amount of money/fall back job and Roger gets to claim, "It was never forwarded to me! This guy acted on his own!" and the future refused to change.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

It's irrelevant if Goodell saw any videos or not. 2 games was a joke of a punishment and rightly shows the NFL is a joke when it comes to violent crimes. It shouldn't have taken a public outcry and leaked videos to take a hard stance on abuse. It's a very limited mindset from the top down and if it takes Goodell to go down for things to change, all for the better.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

quote:

Former FBI Director Robert S. Mueller III will conduct an independent investigation Ray Rice incident, Commissioner Roger Goodell announced.

Yeah this will help

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Kull the Conqueror posted:

They can't stop the entirety of mainstream media eviscerating their image though. I still say Roger is done.
They'll be loud and upset about Goodell until the next story comes while the investigation is 'on going' and nobody will care anymore because that's what this investigation is for. It's just a long term delay tactic.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

lol

quote:

Goodell also said he left the meeting believing that Janay Rice had become unconscious because she had fallen during the scuffle.

http://online.wsj.com/articles/roger-goodell-feared-backlash-in-ray-rice-investigation-1410463671?tesla=y&mg=reno64-wsj

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

James Brown really hit it out of the park.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Ray Lewis on NFL Countdown: "There's some things you can cover up and some things you can't"

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/46...20d.3S5EwEDaRH3

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Biscotti is a piece of poo poo

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

He's doubling down the 'second tape' 'we didn't want to make a ruling until we saw all the evidence', which kind of unofficially admits that they knew it existed and just didn't press to get it. Not that they really needed to see them to know what Rice did was awful

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Wow. Threw the NFL office under the bus. "How could the NFL not get that video"

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Uh-oh, just said he expected 4-6 precedent setting suspension after earlier saying he had expected 2 because it was the max penalty the league had given for domestic abuse issue before.
He's all over the place

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

"I don't work that hard any way, it's not like I'd be losing 60 hours a week"

Goddamn

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

"If we would have pressed hard enough, we could have gotten the tape. If we pressed hard on the NFL enough, they could have gotten the tape'

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Look, if this second tape came out earlier, Ray would have gotten like 6-8 games tops and nobody would care

but we didn't care enough to pursue it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Roger Goodell is serious about assault.

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell's Bodyguard Allegedly Assaulted NYC Photographer
http://gothamist.com/2014/09/29/nfl_bodyguard_photographer.php

• Locked thread