Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
ESPN has been going full bore on this Rice/Goodell thing. Here's an article saying that Goodell has been permanently undermined by this situation: http://espn.go.com/new-york/story/_/id/11491161/even-roger-goodell-stay-commissioner-ray-rice-videos-legacy-tarnished

Jason Whitlock walks back his earlier articles and spends the rest of the article making GBS threads on Goodell and calls for his firing/resignation. Also a cringeworthy use of "epic" in the article headline: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11488363/jason-whitlock-latest-ray-rice-developments

I wonder if we'll get a new commissioner before the end of the year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

three posted:

If people really wanted to send a message to Goodell, the Ravens, or the NFL... it's really pretty simple. Encourage advertisers to drop them until Goodell is fired.

All it takes is big advertisers backing out and Goodell will resign. I guarantee it.

I'll start the Twitter campaign.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Crazy Ted posted:

Of this there is no doubt but IIRC he's also going to be real sensitive to domestic violence because didn't he once send flowers to a woman he knew who was going through some tough times and her husband saw them, thought she was having an affair, and murdered her? Or am I thinking of some other sports talk guy?

Seems like it :stare:

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Terrell Suggs, Dez Bryant, and Larry Fitzgerald (as well as any others) should have been punished just as "harshly" as Ray Rice was.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Hazo posted:

Yeah I was gonna post this. She straight-up confirms two horrible things that everybody already suspected:

- She has no memory of the elevator and is only describing the assault the way Ray told her to

And she refuses to watch the video:

quote:

I was over this, and I didn't need the visual. How was seeing it going to help me? I knew that would only bring me back there. After Ray watched it, I asked him not to look at it again, because I knew it was only the devil trying to come in and ruin how far we've come. I refused to go backwards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11974930/baltimore-ravens-say-tell-ray-rice-wife-janay-apologize-domestic-violence-incident

quote:

OWINGS MILLS, Md. -- The Baltimore Ravens are disputing the claim by Janay Rice, wife of released running back Ray Rice, that the team told her to apologize for her role in the February domestic violence altercation that left her knocked unconscious.

The Ravens' statement comes days after Janay Rice told "Today" that the team gave her and Ray Rice "a general script" of what to say at their press conference in May. She gave ESPN a similar account in a story published last week.

"After Ray informed the Ravens that Janay wanted also to speak at the event, I asked Ray on two different days if Ray wanted me to speak with Janay in advance of the press session. Both times, Ray declined and said: 'She's good. She knows what she wants to say,'" Ravens senior vice president of public relations Kevin Byrne said in a statement released Wednesday evening. "At no time prior to the May 23 session did we provide talking points, a script or suggested script to Janay or speak with her about the press event. We did not recommend or suggest to Ray or Janay that she apologize in any way."

• Locked thread