Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord
It seems like it was only yesterday when it began, but The Flash Tub is now 10 Years old Congrats, Shmorky! :waycool: Hate him or love him, Shmorky's made some weird and wonderful cartoons. Let's post our favorites! Also, when it's possibly, try to link the .SWF file directly for full-screen action! (cool PC kids only)

Game Genie Music Entry #2
One of the first. I never forgot this and later drew it when Shmorky asked for Uncle Pep-Pep's Doodle Tim art:

Furious Famicom human being
This is probably inspired by The Angry Video Game Nerd. At the time, I don't think everyone realized that this internet reviewing thing was going to expand into a genre.

The Kansas City Worldskippers vs. The Soviet Communauts

President Jake
Has that special Flash Tub "holy poo poo is this even funny?" creepiness I love.

Cat Videos

The Man with Generation Loss

Dingo Pictures presents James Cameron's Titanic

Le Pac-Man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
Super Metal Cop

Probably the best of the music video Flash tubs for having a really catchy song, non-music bits (in the fashion of some of the most respected music videos) and hilarious visuals. I'm glad the MP3 is provided, but I'm still curious as to the source of the song - was it goon-made, or is it just some Japanese song Shmorky found?

You get to-get to-want to-dance, you get to-get to-want to-dance, you get to-get to-want to-ev-ry-bo-dy dance!

Oh, and how could I forget these two? I remember waiting for the second installment of HOW2WIN@GAMES for the longest time and being delighted when it finally came out.

Leroy Dennui has a new favorite as of 03:27 on Sep 10, 2014

Mahuum Aqoha
Jan 15, 2004

SHEPARD!
Do it for the universe!
Fun Shoe
Super Mario Playset and Super Mario Playset 2. Both of these are fantastic.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
The Chufflebells might be my favorite single Flash Tub; The Best of Weekend Web is my favorite series.

I was going to link to more stuff, but I really didn't feel like narrowing down the 20 or so links that I ended up with and didn't want a big ol' pile of links sitting in my post either. Honestly, there's so much gold that this thread is more or less redundant; it makes more sense to just spend an hour or so watching the actual videos than to expect "the best ones" to all show up here.

Chwoka
Jan 27, 2008

I'm Abed, and I never watch TV.

My favorite. J-Pig was my desktop image for a long time.

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?
http://www.somethingawful.com/flash-tub/suicide-face3/

Gotta be part 3 of Suicide Face.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

I also like Uncle Pep Pep's Doodle time, I was super psyched when my terrible art was featured in one of them. He'll always be Uncle Daddy Pappy to me.

JPEG Warehouse is also great! And so are all the Playsets the others listed, it's fun to see the other goons show their .swf chops.

To make my own contribution, I always liked the Wordstrong Saga. I love the rapid stream-of-consciousness dialogue. They must have been hard to record without flubbing lines.

Flip Top Box is ridiculously catchy, and tons of the other Tubs have incredible music talent. Kudos to all the guys who lent their songs and beeps and boops to the Flash Tub.

I'm looking over all the old Flash Tubs, and I'm gonna have stop here before I end up listing the entire Flash Tub contents by date, they're all pretty drat good. Happy 10th anniversary, Shmorky! If you need me, I'll probably be spending the whole night watching each one from the beginning.

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord
It turns out that you can view SWF files on your tablet/phone after all. You just need to install a SWF viewer app for it. I can't get SWFs to play on their pages in Chrome on my Android (it's too much work for my crappy tablet), but I can download the actual SWF files and then view them with the app. On the SA pages, it's easy to find the SWF; just search "swf" in the source and then it's obvious which one it is. (Ditto for Flash Tub MP4 video files)

Yet I can totally see how this is a pain in the rear end. RIP Flash.

Oh lord yes

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

If I looking for frog... and I am seriously ashamed at all of you that it took this long for this to be posted.

cool kids inc. has a new favorite as of 22:30 on Sep 12, 2014

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

cool kids inc. posted:

If I looking for frog... and I am seriously ashamed at all of you that it took this long for this to be posted.
I very nearly did. Sorry for not going through with it. :(

Here, have the similarly overdue Breakfast Duck's Terrible Christmas instead.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Meowth Finally Gets Pikachu. His Meowth cartoons are probably my favorite thing he's done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

Safe Seth the Safety Bear and Platform Hero will always have a place in my heart, but I have to agree with Sham Bam Bamina: there's something about Breakfast Duck's Terrible Christmas that will stick with me for the rest of my life and inform me emotionally on everything I do. Thanks, Shmorky?

No seriously, Thanks Shmorky.

• Locked thread