Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

heres a humorous and light satire outlining the utterly hosed and Shockingly Familiar? rhetoric as we lead up to escalating military intervention in the middle east

the intercept posted:

When judging the hyperbole emerging from Capitol Hill about the Islamic State, you must keep this in mind: “The threat ISIS poses cannot be overstated.”

That’s what Sen. Dianne Feinstein, the California Democrat who chairs the Senate intelligence committee, wrote in a USA Today op-ed on Sunday.

In other words, there can be no hyperbole.

In what is therefore, by definition, understatement, Feinstein called the Islamic State “the most vicious, well-funded and militant terrorist organization we have ever seen.”

She expressed sympathy for those who don’t fully appreciate its horror — yet. ”I recognize the reluctance of many Americans to engage in another war in the Middle East. But it is imperative that every American is fully cognizant of how dangerous and deadly ISIS really is,” she wrote. “Americans need to understand ISIS’ degree of viciousness as well as what will happen in the absence of U.S. leadership and action… [W]e could suffer the consequences for decades to come.”

New Jersey Democratic Sen. Robert Menendez told Fox News on Sunday:
“ISIS is a savage terrorist organization that has to be defeated before they can create the operational wherewithal to conduct a :siren:September 11th-like tragedy.”:siren:

This despite the fact that national security officials have seen no sign of domestic threats posed by the Islamic State.

Rep. Steve Cohen (D-TN) got all metaphorical on Fox News earlier today: “ISIS is, in kind of a scary way, it’s like something Ian Fleming created. It’s like Dr. No,” he said. “It’s the evil empire that is not a nation, just an evil group of people, or an evil individual at the head, that’s a threat to the free world. It’s like privatized terrorism; a public-private partnership.”

“It ought to be pretty clear when they start cutting off the heads of journalists and say they’re going to fly the :siren::siren:black flag of ISIS over the White House:siren::siren: that ISIS is a clear and present danger,” said Florida Democratic Sen. Bill Nelson.

But here’s the thing: Democrats do actually come off as somewhat understated — in comparison to their GOP colleagues.

“It is a real menace to our moving forward as a peaceful society,” Sen. Roy Blunt (R-MO) told a St. Louis radio audience today. “Where they are, in Syria and Northern Iraq, puts them on the back door of Europe.”

Writing in the National Review, Rep. Mike Pompeo (R-KS) called the Islamic State “an existential threat to America.” The U.S., he wrote, is “the target of the most lethal and powerful terrorist group ever to have existed.”

He warned: “The Islamic State has apparently gained control of several dozen kilograms of radioactive material from research institutions in Mosul, Iraq. It cannot be made into a nuclear bomb, but it could be used in a :siren::siren::siren:‘dirty bomb’:siren::siren::siren: to contaminate a wide area with radioactivity.” (Wrong.)

And the top Republican on the Senate Armed Services Committee, Jim Inhofe (R-OK), told a TV station in August: “We’re in the most dangerous position we’ve ever been in as a nation.” That’s ever.

“They’re crazy out there and they are rapidly developing a method of blowing up a major U.S. city and people just can’t believe that’s happening,” Inhofe said, evidently incredulous about the naivete of his fellow Americans.

:siren:~~~~September 11th-like tragedy.~~~~:siren:
:siren:~black flag of ISIS over the White House~:siren:
:siren:~~~~~~~~'dirty bomb'~~~~~~~~~~~:siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

seriouspost: are there any major differences between shiite and sunnis like roman catholic v. orthodox or is it more of a bunch of differences nobody actually cares about like presbyterian v. lutheran

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

it is a sickass burn obama is a total failure as president

Nah, being remembered at all by history is better treatment than Micheal Moore will receive.

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR

shoulda joined the chairforce. i knew it. gently caress

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Tricky D posted:

Nah, being remembered at all by history is better treatment than Micheal Moore will receive.

youre dumb

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR

Business Gorillas posted:

seriouspost: are there any major differences between shiite and sunnis like roman catholic v. orthodox or is it more of a bunch of differences nobody actually cares about like presbyterian v. lutheran

dont know at all i just wanted to say when i see shiite stuff its kind of bright tacky advertising looking crap about their religion, neon colors with some sheik seig heiling. makes me think of india. bright and cheery

then when i see sunni poo poo it looks all hardcore dirtworship scary. based on that it hink the sunnis are dickheads (also s. arabia is sunni so yeah)

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

yeah its still got an hour 10 till it starts buddy.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Al Borland posted:

Odds are he probably is announcing we've done attacks on ISIS with drones or something.

i assume you are joking. that was announced weeks ago

tbh tho i totally wouldnt be surprised if most americans werent aware that we have already conducted hundreds of strikes against isis in the last month

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

That's what he is. The loving rear end in a top hat is a date rapist. I don't loath this piece of poo poo because he is a center-of-right politician or because he panders or because he doesn't support my interests. Anyone with any sort of power in this worthless country would slice my throat and my interests to get ahead. They don't give a poo poo about truth or fairness or equality. So in this respect Obama is nothing special. So that's not why I loathe him.

I loathe this motherfucker because of what he does to people like me. More naive than me, but like me. Younger than me, but like me. More optimistic than me, but like me.

I hate Obama because of what he does to the equivalent of my retarded brother.

Even republicans realize that McCain is a soft-serve piece of poo poo funneled into a nutcase. No matter how worthless or sick or mindless republican voters are, they are going into this election with eyes wide open.

But not the liberal youth. They believe in this loving bitch. This self-serving date rapist spineless cowardly slippery and smooth slick Brooks Brothers suit of nothing. He's somehow convinced them to believe in him. To be optimistic. To "hope" for "change".

Here's the thing, though. He's full of poo poo. It's obvious to anyone with the right eye. But people like my retarded brothers and sisters, they don't see it.

So if you wonder why I hate Baquack Obama, it isn't because I fell for his bullshit. It's because I know people who are intellectually and emotionally close to my worldview who fell for it. And they are giving him millions of their dollars and thousands of hours of their time just so he can ignore them the moment he doesn't need them anymore and do exactly the opposite of what my brothers and sisters thought he would do.

Yes, it's my brothers and sisters' fault for leaving the party, drunkenly walking across the overgrown grass in the backyard and wandering into the outhouse on the edge of the Ozark woods with Baquack Obamailure. But it's his fault for raping them.

He is a son of bitch. Because at least Hillary and McCain had enough balls to scoff at the idea of hope or change, in this country, at this moment, by politicians with the same old, self-obsessed ideals that they all hold.

But Obama packaged "hope" and "change" as a big red roofie and shoved it down my 12 year-old sister's throat with his fingers until she gagged on his wedding ring, all because he knew once she swallowed it he would get what he wanted.

gently caress Barack Obama.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

tbh is it really that bad if we just bomb isis and drone strike them as opposed to occupying an entire country for a decade and throwing away trillions of dollars?

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

tbh is it really that bad if we just bomb isis and drone strike them as opposed to occupying an entire country for a decade and throwing away trillions of dollars?

i havent seen a single analysis that posits isis can be destroyed without "boots on the ground" (euphemism for another real rear end war and occupation) so really you are asking the wrong question

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

You're right. Centuries from now, historians studying the annals of the fallen American Empire are going to say "Barak Obama was nothing but the first black man elected president of America" and this is something Obama should be ashamed of because presidents are historically known for their accomplishments in office. Just look at Rutherford B Hayes and Chester A Arthur for example.

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

Place : Detroit
Date : 4031 A.D.

Tricky D posted:

You're right. Centuries from now, historians studying the annals of the fallen American Empire are going to say "Barak Obama was nothing but the first black man elected president of America" and this is something Obama should be ashamed of because presidents are historically known for their accomplishments in office. Just look at Rutherford B Hayes and Chester A Arthur for example.

Jimmy carter

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Tricky D posted:

setting a low bar for a two term president who rode in on a pretty big horse

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Wars are supposed to be good for the economy but Obama couldn't even get that right

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

there are major differences, but the reason that sectarian violence can happen is because nobody cared all that much about them for hte last few hundred years or so

Tricky D posted:

you done hosed up tricky d

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

Effectronica posted:

there are major differences, but the reason that ethnic cleansing can happen is because nobody cared all that much about them for hte last few hundred years or so

you done hosed up tricky d

ftfy

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Tricky D posted:

very dumb

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

"we must. stop. the terror. I call upon all nations to do everything they can, to stop these terrorist killers. Thank you; now watch this drive." ~ Barrack Obama 2014

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
I voted for him twice and I dont regret it on account of the alternatives at the time, but lately I just dont know what he's doing. He's riding bikes and saying he doesn't know how to deal with Isis, and I feel like we're directionless as a nation. Thanks for reading.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Supreme Allah posted:

I voted for him twice and I dont regret it on account of the alternatives at the time, but lately I just dont know what he's doing. He's riding bikes and saying he doesn't know how to deal with Isis, and I feel like we're directionless as a nation. Thanks for reading.

welcome to the republican party

Cabbages and Kings
Aug 25, 2004

Shall we be trotting home again?
just remember that tomorrow is the day that ISIS attacks us with MH370, according to a Lt. General of the US Army speaking on Fox News.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD4fPmyD6kI

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

Supreme Allah posted:

Bush and company made mad bank when the banks collapsed in 2008, the law he signed allowed wachovia banks to just say gently caress you.

Bush is a terrible man, and I will not grieve the day of his death.

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

im piss on his grave

probably get arrested for it

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
the d&d version of this thread is better because it shows how this all validates marxism/leninism

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

Joementum posted:

the d&d version of this thread is better because it shows how this all validates marxism/leninism

GEorge Bush allowed banks to bypass the rico act.

gently caress him

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

THS posted:

setting a low bar for a two term president who rode in on a pretty big horse

I admit it. I have pretty low expectations for the office of the POTUS.

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

Obama is a shill for the pharma and insurance industries. thats about it.

Here To Help
Aug 16, 2008
***Obama outlines bold plan to restore Ottoman Empire, Sultanate***

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i hope we beat the bad guys

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

Parallax Scroll posted:

i hope we beat the bad guys

we are the bad guys

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Here To Help posted:

***Obama outlines bold plan to restore Ottoman Empire, Sultanate***

OTTOMAN EMPIRE 2.0 PATCH NOTES
- The Ottoman Empire will now be centered in Jerusalem instead of Istanbul.
- The Ottoman Empire will now be a Jewish empire instead of a Muslim empire.
- The Ottoman Empire will now be called the Judaean Empire of the West
- The Judaean Empire of the West will now feature subscription fees for all non Ashkenazi Jews.
- The Judaean Empire of the West will last a thousand years.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
there's probably a morrissey song that explains this

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

ColdReaches posted:

we are the bad guys

lol

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
You can join the Bing / CNN dial test of the speech here.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Dee's nuts

still using 96 Compaq
May 16, 2007
not too smart if you don't not understand this
all hail king obumuu new king of the african international conglomoration

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

ahahahahahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bondage
Jun 9, 2008

by Ralp
lmao remember when D&D and GBS were all Pro-Obama and shilling for him relentlessly.

• Locked thread