Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
matrocious
Feb 7, 2011

VikingSkull posted:

I love that every week we add a half a thousand "advisors"

But we never seem to give them boots. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I'm sure it will end just fine

any idea what the Navy is doing atm? hope they aren't in some Gulf

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
no seriously by my count we're up to 3,000 dudes on the ground

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

argondamn posted:

we've never found the formula for the amount of bombs that need to be dropped on a country to make it not suck

we got lucky with japan

It's more because Germany and Japan were fairly homogenous centralized nation states, while the Middle East is basically a clusterfuck of competing groups.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

And in rides Richard Bruce "Two Hearts" Cheney.

lmao

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

etalian posted:

It's more because Germany and Japan were fairly homogenous centralized nation states, while the Middle East is basically a clusterfuck of competing groups.

Because nobody loving listened to Lawrence

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

MrQwerty posted:

yeah but whose interests would strong middle eastern nation states serve

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I'm seriously gonna laugh when historians are like "ya know, Bush and Cheney were right"

naem
May 29, 2011

There's too much good to quote itt but

Irish Joe posted:

Its not really imperialism if we're just going in and creating power vacuums without any forethought or discretion.

THS posted:

um what are you talking about, we are going to save the free syrian army (gahahahahaa) and simultaneously topple isis and assad, establishing a multiethnic democracy in syrihahahahahahahahahahahdsflkfjla;dkmcv;leial;dkmg;ld

Bondage
Jun 9, 2008

by Ralp
after the flawless rollout of Obamacare, Barrack has decided to set his sights upon another easy victory

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE

gently caress the ROW posted:

there an official goon spreadsheet for donating to obama, a literally worse preseident than meth fueld mormon visionary mitt romney who would at least have restored confidence in the business sector #heh #thesefeelsarereal

This but ironically.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
it took until 2014 for the majority of people to recognize that Obama is an idiot

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

i regret donating to obama because you could get a $10 joe biden beer coozy that is now lost forever

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Why don't you guys just stop killing people?

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Fried Watermelon posted:

maybe if you start we'll stop having to pick up your slack

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Degrade and destroy my dilz

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

a bloo bloo bloo those americans are always blowing people up
*the entirety of europe collectively shits its pants as russia slowly creeps into ukraine*

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

gip just reclaimed its rightful place as #1 SA forum

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Fried Watermelon posted:

Would be better to be a weak nation state like the Eurozone countries

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

Fried Watermelon posted:

uh our only major export is war

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Business Gorillas posted:

a bloo bloo bloo those americans are always blowing people up
*the entirety of europe collectively shits its pants as russia slowly creeps into ukraine*

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

anyone remember something a couple months back where the USA told europe that they'd have to actually send the troops they promised for some multinational coalition in the middle east and everyone in europe threw a loving fit?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Also lolling how the US and Europe agonizes what to do over Ukraine while Putin ships over piles of weapons and uses russian heavy artillery to kill Ukrainian soldiers.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

etalian posted:

Also lolling how the US and Europe agonizes what to do over Ukraine while Putin ships over piles of weapons and uses russian heavy artillery to kill Ukrainian soldiers.

nobody's cared about slavs for thousands of years ever and it sure as hell isn't going to start now

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

etalian posted:

they can barely handle the easy fights. imagine an enemy with actual training and equipment :eyepop:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

nobody's cared about slavs for thousands of years ever and it sure as hell isn't going to start now

but they bring so much joy to the western world with their dashcam or gopnik videos

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

rezatahs posted:

they can barely handle the easy fights. imagine an enemy with actual training and equipment :eyepop:

p sure the us army is built to handle other actual armies as opposed to terrorist cells
the only reason that people are gnashing their teeth in russia is the same reason anybody actually gives a gently caress about the middle east

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

the only reason that people are gnashing their teeth in russia is the same reason anybody actually gives a gently caress about the middle east

uhh no theres another pretty important variable involved with the russian situation

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

There is nothing in the desert, and no man needs nothing, which is why we're gonna glass that bitch

*blows out match*

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

THS posted:

uhh no theres another pretty important variable involved with the russian situation

also true but nobody's going to throw nukes over some tariffs on their one actual export

CruJones
Feb 22, 2006

by Lowtax

a real jerk posted:

blowing up dams is a war crime

i'm 50/50 on if we could get away with it

Blowing up dams/wedding parties. Same diff

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

rezatahs posted:

Its Russia, so training isnt really a concern.

And equipment has been pretty mixed tbh

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

VikingSkull posted:

I love that every week we add a half a thousand "advisors"

worked out swell in vietnam

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

MrQwerty posted:

He backed the wrong noble family, with their piddly "actual descent from the prophet" poo poo, shoulda picked the one that turned out to be sitting on a :monocle: of oil :haw:

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

VikingSkull posted:

it took until 2014 for the majority of people to recognize that Obama is an idiot

and they would still vote for him.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

The Taint Reaper posted:

and they would still vote for him.

lmao that the republicans cant nominate someone who isnt a complete fuckjob either

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

lol if you think McCain/Palin would've went any better

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

its almost like.. that the american political system is bullsh*t

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

THS posted:

its almost like.. that the american political system is bullsh*t

wow

rude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Excelzior posted:

lol if you think McCain/Palin would've went any better

Romney was at least old enough to make his own money and actually held a real job at some point.

• Locked thread