Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

What I remember about The Matrix 2 is that incredibly goofy underground rave/sex scene, the fight with a dozen Agent Smiths that has really awful CGI and bowling pin SFX, some albino dreadlocked ninjas, a bit about a French guy who codes digital brownies to make women cum, and a weird nonending where Keanu Reeves talks to Col. Sanders for 20 minutes.
I remember reading about the technology they developed for the 100 Agent Smiths fight scene, and they said it was photorealistic. Yeah, ok buddy. :jerkbag:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Hbomberguy posted:

At this point it's clear I'm just a huge apologist but it feels like the Wachowskis are up to something on purpose by having the scene against numerous digital clones slowly devolve into obvious CGI and cartoony sound effects. Let's be frank: That bowling sound effect cannot possibly have been put there by accident.
It was put there for funsies because, hey, actions figures and stuff.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Cheston posted:

It was actually canon. It's fun to think- the Network explanation probably would've survived to release had the film been made a few years later, but a lot of other stuff (for some reason I'm stuck thinking about those half-CD half-floppy-disk things that were around for six months) would have changed.
Zip drives. Educate yourself fool!

quote:

(I was a kid at the time and just sort of assumed this, but in 1999, a lot of people still didn't know about the Internet, right? Like, just explaining it as "we're the Internet" wouldn't have been an option?)
One thing that really, REALLY bothered me was that media outlets kept saying the Internet played a big role in The Matrix, perhaps because they were directed by their troglodyte bosses to shoehorn "Internet" into as many stories as possible.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

The Duke posted:

Minidiscs
You're right. I haven't watched that scene in years.

• Locked thread