Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

New Episode

See No Evil

Season 5 begins with Nathan and Duke coping with the loss of Audrey, who seems to be gone for good after having transformed into the wickedly evil Mara.

26 episode final season, half this year and half in 2015.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Love everything about this show. Sad that it's nearing the end but can't wait to see it.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
I'll be watching too. Great show

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe
Bookmarked, just getting around to watching the ep. now. Love this show.

Edit: "Stupid pothead."

SpannerX fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Sep 13, 2014

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Glad to see a thread for this one. Definitely among my favorite shows, and the premiere was great (Syfy's programming blunder aside).

I'm gonna be real sad when Audrey takes over again though. Mara is fun.

klf11
Aug 17, 2014
well drat, didnt know this was gonna be the last season, but happy theres gonna be 26 eps \o/.
wonderful season premiere, looking forward to this season!

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

New Episode

Speak No Evil

A death strikes a hard blow to Duke; Nathan refuses to believe Mara has defeated Audrey; Dwight is left keeping Haven together.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

GreenNight posted:

New Episode

Speak No Evil

A death strikes a hard blow to Duke; Nathan refuses to believe Mara has defeated Audrey; Dwight is left keeping Haven together.

Jennifer is gonna be the death isn't she :cry:

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

hangedman1984 posted:

Jennifer is gonna be the death isn't she :cry:

You called it. Big disappointment and anti-climax for that character. Reminds me of Cassie's death a couple of seasons ago - a fresh, interesting new character killed pretty much off-screen.

I do like how they're handling Mara though. That pencil through the eye was some hilariously brutal stuff.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

ShakeZula posted:

You called it. Big disappointment and anti-climax for that character. Reminds me of Cassie's death a couple of seasons ago - a fresh, interesting new character killed pretty much off-screen.

I do like how they're handling Mara though. That pencil through the eye was some hilariously brutal stuff.

Kinda wonder if there was some backstage stuff going on, like the actress didn't want to come back or something

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

hangedman1984 posted:

Kinda wonder if there was some backstage stuff going on, like the actress didn't want to come back or something

I think one of the cast said on Twitter she decided to stay is Australia because of family issues so they had to write her off.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
Mara is pretty no bullshit brutal :stare:

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
You can tell that Emily Rose is having a blast being horribly evil. It was last episode, but I loved her "When I return, you shall be spared my wrath."

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

New Episode

Spotlight

Nathan makes a desperate play to protect Mara from the angry citizens of Haven, leaving Dwight and Duke on their own to deal with a deadly trouble that threatens to burn the town to the ground.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
One thing that's interesting about seeing Mara is that you notice aspects of her personality in the previous "Havensavers" like Sarah, Lucy and Audrey. They all tend to be goal-focused, sarcastic and somewhat ruthless. The "Havensavers" probably aren't really artificial people, they're just different versions/possibilities of Mara.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
Finally catching up with ep. 2. Holy poo poo Mara is just plain off the chart evil.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Dang, I was really hoping that those moments of Audrey peeking through and speaking to Nathan was just an act being put on by Mara to get away/manipulate Nathan, but almost pointing out the bit of aether she had hidden makes that even more unlikely.

Mara is so much fun, I'm almost bummed at the idea of Audrey coming back.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
I kind of think Mara's a lot less capable than she lets on. I remember one episode of Black Adder where the title character kills an assassin who was dressed as a cow to disguise himself as another person who always wore a cow costume to costume balls. When asked how he knew which cow was which, Adder replied. "Ludwig (the assassin) was a master of disguise. Nursie (the other cow character) is a sad, insane old woman with an udder fixation. I simply killed the one that looked like a cow."

Mara with the Troubles doesn't seem to be able to make "cows." She just makes hurt, broken people with too many udders.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

New Episode

Much Ado About Mara

Dwight, who's now leading the Guard, and Nathan are conflicted over what to do about Mara: Dwight wants her to end the troubles at any cost, but Nathan is convinced that Audrey is still in there somewhere.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
Still watching. SPF 5 Million. Who would have thought that someone form the iconic King of Kensington and SCTV would have said something so witty.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

SpannerX posted:

Still watching. SPF 5 Million. Who would have thought that someone form the iconic King of Kensington and SCTV would have said something so witty.

That said, who would've thought that WWE Superstar "Edge" would be delivering low-key, moving performances as Dwight?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Edge is cool and is very good in this show.

klf11
Aug 17, 2014
a heads up, starting this week, in US (not sure about other countries), show is moving to fridays at 7pm eastern (6pm central)....what a lovely time

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

Deadpool posted:

Edge is cool and is very good in this show.

He very much is. I love how calm and practical Dwight is. I like that he has the tragic story about his daughter which informs his character but doesn't dominate it like with, say, Batman.

Batman knock-knock joke.

Batman: Knock-knock
Other person: Who's there?
Batman: Not my parents because they were murdered!

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Isn't Croatoan linked to the movie Phantoms?

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Pillowpants posted:

Isn't Croatoan linked to the movie Phantoms?

It was supposedly carved on a tree at the lost colony of Roanoke, the only clue about what happened to the missing colonists.
Read yo history foo'.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!
Deus Ex Machina what on Duke's hat?

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

Pillbug
Delicious taco.

Ima Giraffe
Apr 30, 2009

Pucker Up!

evobatman posted:

Delicious taco.

Bunny, BunnyBunnyBunnyBunny Rabbit!

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

klf11 posted:

a heads up, starting this week, in US (not sure about other countries), show is moving to fridays at 7pm eastern (6pm central)....what a lovely time

No poo poo. 6pm on a Friday? I'd say sent to die, but well they already renewed it for all the episodes.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine
Eric Balfour has the most punchable face in the world

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

New Episode

The Old Switcheroo Part 1

Vince and Dave journey to North Carolina to investigate the mysteries of Dave's past, but their probing unearths a body-swapping trouble that affects everyone back in Haven.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I kind of wish Dwight as Gloria and Gloria as Dwight was a long term thing. It's really fun.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Deadpool posted:

I kind of wish Dwight as Gloria and Gloria as Dwight was a long term thing. It's really fun.

Edge being amused by his strength and muscles were just perfect.

klf11
Aug 17, 2014
great episode, gloria and dwight was the best switcheroo

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!

Digital Jedi posted:

Edge being amused by his strength and muscles were just perfect.

His gleeful smile while doing those scenes was just so perfect.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I also like that with the 26 episode order and this being the final season they seem to not be too concerned in wrapping every little case up in one episode.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

Pillbug
They are going just a tiny bit overboard with the self-referential humor this episode, but last season and this season so far has been great. I haven't seen the first two seasons, do they have the same tone as the current one, and are they worth seeing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

evobatman posted:

They are going just a tiny bit overboard with the self-referential humor this episode, but last season and this season so far has been great. I haven't seen the first two seasons, do they have the same tone as the current one, and are they worth seeing?

First season is predictably a bit light on the overall mythology of the series and a bit more 'case of the week' most of the time, but yes. The entire series is worth watching.

• Locked thread