Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
Religion is cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
where's that guy who thinks white people are made by satan when you need him?

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
whats your favorite psalm

when your preacher gets angry about politics do you also get angry

MotherFuckingT-REX
Feb 8, 2011

I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT
I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT

Mycroft Holmes posted:

funny story ive talked to a lot of people who think this

MotherFuckingT-REX
Feb 8, 2011

I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT
I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT
you know white people are from the devil because when you try to talk to them about jesus they get upset and run away

Muttonchips
Jun 5, 2014

by Shine

GORILLA BASTARD posted:

Which ones are the good blacks again?

Is Stormfront for Southern Baptists trending right now? Or for most of the South?

NASCAR is pretty much it for y'all, yes?

Tell us about the fried Twinkees, please?

Texans don't consider themselves as Southern. Agree?

Is cross burning after Labor Day considered gauche or is it a year round tradition?

Mexicans...are they truly the new blacks?

Puerto Ricans, aren't they just mocha-lite blacks with good hair?

Daisy Dukes, bikini tops and cowboy boots. Standard uniform for Southern girls or just lyrics to a Kenny Chesney song?

What are the odds that the cast members on Sons of Guns/Duck Hunters etc, etc shows are racists or/and kiddie touchers? 50/50? 75%?

Most preachers daughters are great whores its been said/sung about. Truth?

Thank you most kindly for educating a curious Yankee.

meh :effort:

Gazpacho posted:

whats your favorite psalm

when your preacher gets angry about politics do you also get angry

no idgaf lol some people at my church are retarded tho 4 real but there's a bad one in every bunch or whatever etc etcetc

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
please prove ur faith by posting in other forums besides this one

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting

Mycroft Holmes posted:

whites ARE satan. theyre a race of violent, incestuous , rapacious apes genetically engineered by the geneticist yakub 6,600 years ago on the isle of patmos. he designed these vile beasts to make a mockery of the original man, the black african man (who is god) and to destroy his mighty cities and steal his technology and culture. whites are soulless beasts responsible for the downfall of humanity and its current primitive technological and spiritual state

gently caress the devil in white skin

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp
i go to a baptist church sometimes when i visit my folks. i have to say i much prefer mass. the theology is really strained in protestant churches. it's like the preacher comes up with some half-baked idea and i just want to correct him. this preacher even said that god forsake jesus on the cross, when actually jesus was citing psalm 22. it pains me to see a congregation getting misinformation like that.

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers
Calling you out dude.

Never heard you pray once except the occasional family dinner.

Unfortunately praying doesn't work quite the same way as it used to in the old times where you could just peacefully pray in private. Now you have to make a youtube video.

Seeing as you are a Southern Baptist (btw, none of you get into Heaven, so you might as well just give up here), I'm going to toxx YOU into posting a video of you praying to me and it must include speaking in tongues, fried chicken, and elderly man who seems nice but is obviously a very creepy person, and a daddy-daughter purity "engagement" along with one other interesting, inventive idea that you can come up with (can be anything!).

If you complete this within 7 days, you will be granted access to heaven (which like I said, 99.9% of you don't). If you fail...

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

GORILLA BASTARD posted:

They're gonna marry respectable southern gentlemen and cuck them with the most ghetto black dudes outta Florida they can find. And there won't be George Zimmerman around to right those wrongs.

cucking has never been more relevant than in this thread

Yvershek
Nov 15, 2000

and there are no
diamonds in the
mine
Do you believe it's a wife's duty to serve her husband?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
What's it like being the religious equivalent of being an inbred hick? Also, what's it like being an actual IRL inbred hick?

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

pretty sure the op's family is Baptist, so are most or all of their friends and acquaintances and most of their community. To quit being Baptist would feel like all of these people are wrong and stupid & the op's whole life inside and out has been a lie. Also their family and community would reject and ostracise them.

So unless the OP moves to NYC and becomes a sadbrain all bitter about their family and upbringing, there's no way the op is going to change. Most poeople don't/wouldn't. I mean, why would you WANT to?

Smarmy insult posts just make the OP feel attacked by dumb athiests so when Glen Beck says "Christians are persecuted minority its culture war" the op can think about this thread and go "Yeah I sure know how that feels" so good job goons

Desperado Bones posted:

I'm Catholic and we drink blood during mass.
We also don't know Jesus, or have never heard of him...that's what other sects always say.
And the Pope is our god.

My grandma was a Calvinist and she said that nunneries have secret tunnels underneath so priests can sneak in when they want some action. (I do not actually believe that)

Vegeta
Sep 11, 2014

by Ion Helmet

Kyrie eleison posted:

i go to a baptist church sometimes when i visit my folks. i have to say i much prefer mass. the theology is really strained in protestant churches. it's like the preacher comes up with some half-baked idea and i just want to correct him. this preacher even said that god forsake jesus on the cross, when actually jesus was citing psalm 22. it pains me to see a congregation getting misinformation like that.

lmao you manage to make hating baptists seem lame

kill yourself

naem
May 29, 2011

This is what angels actually look like as described in the bible

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

I LIKE PETA AND THINK THAT SCIENCE IS EVIL
I worked with a Southern Baptist guy once, loving weirdest dude I ever knew. He always wore t-shirst with graphic depictions of Jesus getting crucified with things like "What have YOU done for HIM lately". He got mad when we cussed or talked about drinking and loving girls.

At one point he got a girlfriend and I would grill him about what he did with her at nights and he'd turn bright red trying to contain his rage. He said they could hold hands and maybe kiss one day but they were 'focusing on Jesus right now'. Everything was Jesus. Everything. Jesus.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

ilikedirt posted:

whites ARE satan. theyre a race of violent, incestuous , rapacious apes genetically engineered by the geneticist yakub 6,600 years ago on the isle of patmos. he designed these vile beasts to make a mockery of the original man, the black african man (who is god) and to destroy his mighty cities and steal his technology and culture. whites are soulless beasts responsible for the downfall of humanity and its current primitive technological and spiritual state

gently caress the devil in white skin

I still can't tell if you seriously believe this or are a tobleronetriangular level troll. Either way, I enjoy being called satans tool. It makes me feel useful.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
how many of your relatives have spoken in tongues

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
lmao OP is a southern baptist

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

naem posted:

This is what angels actually look like as described in the bible

that's loving awesome

e: do u have to heat up the rings before the eyes appear like gandalf did?

naem
May 29, 2011

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

that's loving awesome

e: do u have to heat up the rings before the eyes appear like gandalf did?

I believe they burn with the love of Christ

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
If you haven't killed yourself OP, you're still part of the problem.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Muttonchips posted:

Don't care about gays, don't care what you believe, don't care about teaching evolution in bible. Ask me whatever you want I guess *shrug*

:coal:

Why is your religion for babies?

Hungry Joe
Nov 27, 2006

DDFH
I was raised in a very strict Baptist household in Texas. AMA

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

I LIKE PETA AND THINK THAT SCIENCE IS EVIL

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Hungry Joe posted:

where do bad folks go when they die?

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Hungry Joe posted:

Why haven't you killed your family and burned your childhood home to ashes?

Vegeta
Sep 11, 2014

by Ion Helmet

InterFaced posted:

where did he say that?

Hungry Joe
Nov 27, 2006

DDFH

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

where do bad folks go when they die?

I was taught they don't go to heaven where the angels fly.

For real tho, being raised like that was kind of a mindfuck when I realized that my experiences growing up were not the norm for most people.

To be clear, my current stance on religion is lolz

poorlifedecision
Feb 13, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Sorry about your crummy beliefs.

Hungry Joe
Nov 27, 2006

DDFH

InterFaced posted:

I was pretty angry for awhile but I realize now their intentions were good. I don't like to visit tho because it is literally impossible to have a conversation with my moms w/o the j man wheedling into the convo

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
You need to man up and buy a fedora, then wear it and tell your mom about spaghetti monsters.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Hungry Joe posted:

sic em bears?

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Shithouse Dave posted:

Do you make dishes that have a can of cream of mushroom soup in for church potlucks?

Those are Lutherans. SB's make fried food.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Those cream of mushroom soup casseroles fuckin own.

Hungry Joe
Nov 27, 2006

DDFH

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

sic em bears?

P close :stare:

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers

PureEvil6_13 posted:

I worked with a Southern Baptist guy once, loving weirdest dude I ever knew. He always wore t-shirst with graphic depictions of Jesus getting crucified with things like "What have YOU done for HIM lately". He got mad when we cussed or talked about drinking and loving girls.

At one point he got a girlfriend and I would grill him about what he did with her at nights and he'd turn bright red trying to contain his rage. He said they could hold hands and maybe kiss one day but they were 'focusing on Jesus right now'. Everything was Jesus. Everything. Jesus.

Was she a fatty? I don't mind some dirty hillbilly action

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
wgat do you think about catholics op

• Locked thread