Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

DupaDupa posted:

I wonder what RG3 could have been if not drafted by Washington :/

Murdered by some other weak o-line high draft pick team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Division
Jun 23, 2004

I beg to present to you as a Christmas gift, Mr. Lombardi, the city of Detroit.
RG3 seems sorta injury prone, I don't think it's just Washington that's causing this.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Browns, Super Bowl, book it.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

2-0 is a familiar dance for Bills fans, but goddamn I'm going to savor it.

Defense looks like they looked last year and the offense is competent. And poo poo, special teams have to be the best in the league this season. This keeps up, playoffs (?!?!) aren't outta the question.

Can't wait to not be teased at work this week.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
gently caress this gay earth.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
http://gfycat.com/ConcreteClosedAmericanblackvulture

toot toot

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

New Division posted:

RG3 seems sorta injury prone, I don't think it's just Washington that's causing this.

No they definitely caused the severe knee injury and his lack of rehab.

Washington is a terrible organization.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Can someone tell me what happened in Carolina?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Bigass Moth posted:

Browns, Super Bowl, book it.

I am pretty sure they don't have Super Bowls after the heat death of the universe

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

41 Points put up by the Washington Redskins. 10 sacks.
I'm so confused.

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer
Drew Stanton, Brian Hoyer, and Kirk Cousins each won an NFL game today. Michigan State, Quarterback U.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Just The Facts posted:

I'm so confused.
Kirk Cousins is the future.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Chichevache posted:

footballs were thrown

some were caught

some were not caught

points were scored

a winner was declared

the world continues on

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

Just The Facts posted:

I'm so confused.

Jacksonville Jaguars.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Rogue Elephant posted:

No they definitely caused the severe knee injury and his lack of rehab.

Washington is a terrible organization.

Today it was an ankle injury.

Again, I love the guy, but he runs like a TE in the open field and doesn't throw the ball away early.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Andrew Hawkins utterly uncovered with less than 15 seconds left was exactly the kind of play the Browns would make on defense, not offense. holy poo poo that owned

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

Chichevache posted:

Rumors of Cam's demise have been greatly exaggerated.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Glad the Browns won to make sure we didn't go in facing them when they're 0-2 but I still don't think the Ravens have a prayer going into Cleveland next week.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

The Bengals appear to have fixed everything bad about the team and replaced it with a bizarre red zone inefficiency that ultimately won't matter because the rest of the team owns so hard

Please stop getting hurt. Amen

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Just The Facts posted:

I'm so confused.
Don't get used to it. The Jaguars are horrible, have options on hand to potentially become less horrible, but stubbornly refuse to take advantage of them. The Redskins are also bad, but less bad.

I haven't been so mad at my football team in a long time.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Redskins HC Jay Gruden announced RGIII has a dislocated ankle and DeSean Jackson has sprained AC joint in shoulder.

that's a shame

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

When your team allows 10 sacks you're probably going to lose by a lot of points. Not many drives are going to get going with that sort of performance.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Kawalimus posted:

When your team allows 10 sacks you're probably going to lose by a lot of points. Not many drives are going to get going with that sort of performance.
Henne sacked himself at least half of those. The offensive line is bad but not 10 sacks bad.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Panthers win, rest of NFC South loses, all's well imo

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Can the AFC South and NFC North just not send teams to the playoffs this year?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

JT Jag posted:

Henne sacked himself at least half of those. The offensive line is bad but not 10 sacks bad.

Either way 10 sacks is a huge number.

I remember Boller used to do that though. We were the same way in 2005 and then in 2006 we set a team record for least sacks allowed in a season with the same line.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
The Bengals running the ball down the defense's throat sure is a nice change from making Dalton throw it 40+ time a game.

Terrence Newman legit looks like one of the best CBs in football which is still weird as all hell.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

DupaDupa posted:

I wonder what RG3 could have been if not drafted by Washington :/

There is an alternate timeline where the Rams had a repeat Superbowl win last year.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Idiot Kicker posted:

Detroit is going to steamroll Carolina.
And when they don't, you can laugh at me.

I'm not going to laugh at you.

I am, however, going to reiterate my desire that Roger Goodell commits the ultimate dictator move and forces the Lions to relocate to London.

"Sorry fellas, all your passports have been revoked, guess you have to stay here forever"

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

Eifert Posting posted:

There is an alternate timeline where the Rams had a repeat Superbowl win last year.

Rams: A team known for keeping their QB's legs healthy.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
JJ Watt just received for a touchdown so this week was good.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
I have this horrible sinking feeling that the Saints defense is going to be real loving bad this year. The only good thing to come out of it will be Payton laying into Ryan on the sidelines more often. All they had to do was keep them out of goddamn field goal range.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

RumbleFish posted:

I absolutely would not have called the Panthers starting 2-0, especially with Cam being gimpy, so I am very happy with how things are progressing. Kelvin Benjamin is looking like a legitimately awesome pick, and our defensive line appears deep enough to withstand Greg Hardy's absence. On top of that, Luke Kuechly somehow seems even more disruptive than he was last year, and Jonathan Stewart might be rounding back into form after enduring some injury-laden seasons. The much-embattled secondary, while still a weakness, has even managed to come up with some takeaways.

In short, :feelsgood:

This has been an awesome weekend for you, dude.

I am pleased at how Cam returned from his injury and he played pretty well. I hope he can be injury-free the rest of the way. Defense was smothering. Holding the Lions to only 7 points? Unreal!

Suh, Fairley, and that D-line were beast, as expected.

The next game is the Steelers at home. The Steelers defense looked really vulnerable against the Ravens last week, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. We'll see what happens, but I am cool with everything that occurred today.

Also my cousin was at the game, and I am very jealous of her. :mad:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Limpdicked performance from the Lions. Somebody give Nate Freese some confidence and tell this team not to bathe in butter before the game.

Can somebody tell me why the Browns went for two in the first half? Or was there a botched extra point that they attempted to run in?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
No one has ever been more thankful for a week 4 bye.

con
Aug 5, 2004

There's always next year...

Henchman of Santa posted:

Can somebody tell me why the Browns went for two in the first half? Or was there a botched extra point that they attempted to run in?

It was a bad snap that the holder tried to run in.

The Browns win though. Hope they can keep it up. It looks like we have 3 legit running backs on the roster. I don't know how to handle this.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Terrance West is good and I am quite jealous you got him while the Ravens drafted Crockett Gilmore.

I'm genuinely hoping for a three team AFCNorth playoffs with the Steelers living in the basement.

BasicFunk
Feb 26, 2011

How's your Funkentelechy?
Cam played well, J-Stew was solid, Kelvin is looking like a smart pick so far, defense went hard today, but the coolest thing from the Detroit/Carolina game...

GRAHAM GANO FUMBLE RECOVERY! Kicking through marching bands and recovering kickoff fumbles. Graham Gano is a muhfuggin' BEAST, SON!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

The Dolphins suck really bad at Buffalo. 2-10 in our last 10 at Ralph Wilson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Browns bitch.

Hell of a game. Atta boy Hoyer!

• Locked thread