Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Some Jerk
May 6, 2010

Azhais posted:

Being whipped is a deeply rooted part of black culture?
And it dates back to all the way before the Civil War so please be sensitive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

oxsnard posted:

Goodell is cheering like a madman at this news. Distracts from Ray Rice and they'll have a opportunity to strike hard and fast on discipline .

This'll save his job. P hosed up

LOL if you think Goodell's job was ever in jeopardy.

If anything, now he gets to come out of both and sell it as the NFL getting a learning experience and enjoy the PR bump for getting his discipline mojo back.

Oh yea, and the Vikings get a huge cap break by releasing AP.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

Ishin posted:

This is what I can't loving understand, you had a kid get beaten to loving death last year. Why would you think this is appropriate still...?

Probably AP had forgotten that he's really buff and that four year olds are made of paper and didn't intend to seriously injure the child

BigT
Oct 22, 2004

ehh i wouldn't say Black culture, just more of a Southren thing.

I got the shipped whupped out of me all the time when i was little, but i was a little rear end in a top hat who really deserved every single one. Infact, i probably deserved more than I got.

though yeah......these pictures aint helping him at all.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Blitz7x posted:

Also deactivating him on loving friday before a big game is a great move by the Vikings organization and shows the character of the 49ers and Panthers

Yeah, the Vikes are looking pretty good to me if they were willing to suspend a future HoFer within hours of this breaking.

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.

Chichevache posted:

future HoFer

About that...

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Chichevache posted:

Yeah, the Vikes are looking pretty good to me if they were willing to suspend a future HoFer within hours of this breaking.

If these charges come anywhere close to true then there's no way he's getting in.

Plus, given this week had the Vikings played him their ownership would have suffered an unbelievable shitstorm of bad PR. As in forced to sell poo poo since that thing is in vogue.

dirty shrimp money fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Sep 13, 2014

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
how many children are going to wear his jersey to the Pats game

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Part of the NFL's scheme to further emphasize passing and big plays.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

BigT posted:

ehh i wouldn't say Black culture, just more of a Southren thing.

I got the shipped whupped out of me all the time when i was little, but i was a little rear end in a top hat who really deserved every single one. Infact, i probably deserved more than I got.

though yeah......these pictures aint helping him at all.

It's a disconnect between white parents who spoil the everloving poo poo out of their child and minority parents who beat their kids, my favorite standup routine on this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMLr5tOjF3A

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

gohuskies posted:

About that...
It'll be real cool when the Hall of Fame enshrines a rapist QB and a child abusing RB, while Andre Johnson watches at home because STAT INFLATION

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

woot I like the pats chances of winning more now!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chichevache posted:

Can we please stop saying him or Rice are future Hall of Famers now? Even if they never see a guilty verdict over what they did, after this week they have a better chance of playing another down in the league than they do of making the Hall.

StarcraftM
Jan 15, 2008

Full Fuckin' Circle.
This is loving unreal.

I might not wanna see Adrian Peterson suit on on sunday against the pats

But not like this.

Dis hosed up.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

Azhais posted:

Being whipped is a deeply rooted part of black culture?

I will quote this as a reference of sorts.

My grandmother is from Athens, Tx which is about 20 miles from Palestine(AD's hometown). She grew up during the depression and was really old school and was the matriarch on my dad's side of the family. I grew up in Dallas and during the summer my sister and I would stay with her after my parents' divorce. Generally she was nice and loving but if we did something wrong we would have to pick a switch off of one of her bushes and she would spank us with it. The switch really hurt from what I remember ( I was probably 7 or 8) but the anticipation of having to go and pick it yourself was really the worst.

So yeah I don't think its a black thing or white thing just an old Southern thing. Neither of my parents ever really used punishment in this way but they were boomers.

I do not condone it just giving my anecdote.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

sba posted:

OK SJW's, this one is tough...either you hate kids, or don't understand a deeply rooted aspect of black culture. Be careful!

Getting hit with a switch/belt is one thing, I've had that happen to me.

Leaving scars and poo poo is a whole other ball game

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

sba posted:

OK SJW's, this one is tough...either you hate kids, or don't understand a deeply rooted aspect of black culture. Be careful!

gently caress you and gently caress off.

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

Can't wait for this to spark a national conversation on hitting your kid. There's no excuse to hit your kid, if you were beat as a child my condolences, but don't bring it in here like we need to respect the institution of beating your children.

edit: Or that the institution of beating your children is somehow connected to black or southern culture and thus should be respected.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Chris James 2 posted:

Can we please stop saying him or Rice are future Hall of Famers now? Even if they never see a guilty verdict over what they did, after this week they have a better chance of playing another down in the league than they do of making the Hall.

When has Ray Rice ever been a future HoFer?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Chris James 2 posted:

Was someone seriously saying Rice was a future HoFer?

Peterson is still probably gonna get in

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Corporal punishment is still legal in public schools in like 40% of the country; it's not all that surprising that people who grew up in households where this is acceptable still do it

But man, when a dude who likes belts and has a whooping room realizes he went too far hitting his kid, that is probably saying something about the severity of the beating

cucka
Nov 4, 2009

TOUCHDOWN DETROIT LIONS
Sorry about all
the bad posting.

xbilkis posted:

Corporal punishment is still legal in public schools in like 40% of the country; it's not all that surprising that people who grew up in households where this is acceptable still do it

But man, when a dude who likes belts and has a whooping room realizes he went too far hitting his kid, that is probably saying something about the severity of the beating

And given he could maybe beat God in an arm wrestling match, so there's that too.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Was someone seriously saying Rice was a future HoFer?

Someone probably made the argument a couple of years ago that he was on pace or whatever while he was still going strong, and hell, if he'd have kept it up he would be. But like almost all backs he seemed to slow down badly last year.

Er, you know, aside from any of the other stuff.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Our dumbass culture is rear end-backwards. God Bless

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Whoops, beat my kid bloody with a tree branch, this is an ok thing however. I will now text his mother smugly about it.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Stopped himself just short of saying, "Hitting his nards like I did the gap in the Packer's D-line, a-yup."

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
As a father of a 4 year old, what in the gently caress AP. I can't imagine what that kid could have possibly done for him to get that angry and beat his child with a weapon.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

wandler20 posted:

As a father of a 4 year old, what in the gently caress AP. I can't imagine what that kid could have possibly done for him to get that angry and beat his child with a weapon.

quote:

Sports Radio 610, citing the police report, said Peterson punished the boy after he pushed another one of Peterson’s children off of a motorbike video game.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...-210420668.html

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
He pushed a sibling off a toy.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

wandler20 posted:

probably ate all of his orange peanuts

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

kidcoelacanth posted:

This. Also can't we go back to the pariahs of the league being dudes who taunt and do unbelievably elaborate touchdown dances? Go gently caress yourself, AP. I mean poo poo, even SPANKING the kid I'd be like "Eh, maybe I guess" but this is some next level poo poo.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

wandler20 posted:

That's the thing, he probably doesn't see it as getting angry or hitting him with a weapon. It's not that he's a violent guy with bloodlust, he just doesn't see it as wrong.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

God dammit :smith:

sexy mouse
Sep 18, 2008

sexy eye~
sexy nose~
sexy mouse~
don't you know~
loving kids defending themselves from abuse and making it worse.

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

yeah, I felt really bad when I realized I was beating my kid in the balls, but haha eliminate whooping my kids from my daily routine? haha good one occifer

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Man this doesn't matter at all but it just hit me that somewhere Phil Mushnick is feeling really smug and now I'm even more annoyed.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Tremendous Taste posted:

That's the thing, he probably doesn't see it as getting angry or hitting him with a weapon.

"My parents beat me growing up and I got drafted in the top 10 and became an All-Pro running back" - anonymous internet commenter

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Its Miller Time posted:

Can't wait for this to spark a national conversation on hitting your kid. There's no excuse to hit your kid, if you were beat as a child my condolences, but don't bring it in here like we need to respect the institution of beating your children.

edit: Or that the institution of beating your children is somehow connected to black or southern culture and thus should be respected.

Listen here you can't tell me how to raise my kids, this is America

*continues to beat and not vaccinate my child*

I wonder what motorbike game they were playing?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
Spanking a child, fine. Beating them with a stick that severely where a week later they look fresh?

hosed up. Hope he can learn to not be so lovely to his kids.

How long til he gets cut now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OrangeKing
Dec 5, 2002

They do play in October!
It's not even just a Southern thing, though for all I know it might be more prominent there. Growing up in a working class, rural, and heavily white area of upstate New York, I knew plenty of white adults/parents who would talk about the importance of hitting their kids of discipline. Granted, the other viewpoint was also mentioned plenty, too, but at the very least my parents were okay with spanking me on occasion.

kidcoelacanth posted:

So yes, basically this.

• Locked thread